Notifications
Clear all

What Should I Do With This Cyst? Need To Minimize Appearance For This Week!?

MemberMember
(@showyghost)

Posted : 07/01/2013 12:39 pm

I just had a really unfortunately timed and placed cyst begin to grow under the skin on my chin. I rarely ever get cysts, and usually I just wait to pop them or if I catch them early enough I can suppress them with my benzoyl peroxide acne spot lotion. Unfortunately, this one came in very quickly and it is obvious that is too mature for the BP lotion to work. As most of you are aware, this week is 4th of July, and I NEED to either get rid of this cyst as soon as possible or keep it suppressed enough that I can cover it up with makeup. I would need to keep it suppressed for pretty much a week because most of my friends who are coming up Wednesday aren't leaving until Sunday, and I'm not sure if that is possible. What should I do??? Should I use a hot compress and pop it within the next day or do you think I'd be able to calm it down for a week? And If I'm going to try to pop it as soon as possible, does that mean I should stop applying my BP lotion to it so it does grow quicker and form a whitehead?

Please answer quickly because I need to do something about it as soon as possible.

Thank you so much

MemberMember
(@showyghost)

Posted : 07/02/2013 11:15 am

Somebody please help me out here...

MemberMember
(@celticghirl)

Posted : 07/02/2013 4:16 pm

Hi

If you go to a pharmacy and ask them if they have magnesium sulphate paste. It's a "drawing paste" it will bring it to a head. I say pop it let it dry and use cover up. Try taking some vitamin c or berocca as it helps wounds heal faster. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/02/2013 7:32 pm

Apply ice. Take ibuprofen.

MemberMember
(@coonie7525)

Posted : 07/02/2013 8:44 pm

I would try to bring it to a head with a warm compress and then gently extract the pus. Then dry it up with some spot treatment. I find that a dry patch is easier to cover than a huge lump on my skin

MemberMember
(@celticghirl)

Posted : 07/02/2013 9:39 pm

I agree. Pop the bugger and put some tea tree on it. That will dry it up. The paste is good if its just too deep for a warm compress.

MemberMember
(@showyghost)

Posted : 07/02/2013 10:30 pm

Ok, obviously to reduce redness I'd apply ice and take ibuprofen.

However, I have been holding a towel soaked with warm/hot (hotter side of warm) water against it every few hours for 15 mins for the past couple of days in an effort to pop it.

Will applying ice undo the "pulling out" effects of the heat, or will it simply just act as a way to reduce the redness?

Also, should I keep applying my BP spot lotion or should I stop?

Thank you very much so far

MemberMember
(@kzxy)

Posted : 07/03/2013 3:09 pm

ANSWER: call up your dermatologist and tell them your condition and how desperate you are. They will understand. Ask them for a CORTISOL INJECTION, they will likely be able to squeeze you in for that day or even the next. The injection will remove the cyst in 8 to 32 hours flat. IT WORKS.

All this other stuff about tea tree oil and hot/cold compress is good advice, BUT it WILL NOT make the cyst go away overnight.

Oh and whatever you do DO NOT EVER AND I MEAN EVER TRY TO LANCE A CYST BY YOURSELF, especially if it is inflamed and sore to the touch.

Source: suffering from chronic nodular/cystic acne for 3 years.