Notifications
Clear all

Big City Vs. Small Town

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/01/2013 12:47 am

which place do you think is a more pleasant place to live for a person like me? currently i'm living in a capital in the midwest so it has a city feel, just not huge like say nyc. honestly though i think these medium sized city have such ego & obnoxiousness. I feel like people care way to much on status & position. for someone like me with acne this place is.. kinda bad towards me, so i guess what im trying to find out is. where can a guy like me move to where i don't feel as annoyed about it like i am here. i just want to live a peaceful life, i don't need all this bs. i want to try & move to a place like that someday. But i have no idea if a place like that is even real...

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/01/2013 9:08 am

I live in a big city.And here i feel really conscious about myself when outside my house.I guess i'd have a Utopian life if i lived in a small town or a hamlet in the hills. lol... But that's just me. Maybe you should also move to a humbler town where people don't judge you :).But i think that is not good.I mean you can't change cities because of acne ...that sounds funny.Face your hardships buddy :) Don't run from them.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 07/01/2013 2:54 pm

Well it's hard to say. In some ways, being in the city can give you some perspective because you'll see lots of other people with "non perfect" skin and it helps you realize nobody is perfect.

But there are advantages to country life. At my dads I can go outside and not give a crap about how I look, because there is nobody around for several miles. smile.png

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 07/02/2013 12:17 am

woods.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:26 pm

I grew up in a small town with 1,500 people and lived out in the out skirts of that small town and there were plenty of assholes there. I went to high school in that small town and was tormented and bullied on a daily basis. People are people no matter where you go and you will meet all kinds. On the flip side I met some cool people too that accepted me for me.

I personally want to move to outer space or some shit. This world isn't for me.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/07/2013 11:14 pm

Yeah a lonely job in a quit town not too far away from a city would be an ideal situation for me, until my skin is better. Any suggestions on what a lonely job could be?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/08/2013 7:17 am

In all honesty, isolating myself with acne was one of the worse decisions i ever made. I just felt lonely, alone and guess what, still had acne. Big City or small town, neither will make you happy if the problem you have comes from within. In terms of acceptance, both places have their drawbacks. In a big city, even though it is easier to blend in (with any physical/emotional issue), a large value is often times placed on looks and status (I live in NYC and this is somewhat true). With small towns, people get to know you if you let them and i feel one they accept you, that means not focusing on frivilous things such as acne. The down side is that there is really no where to hide so you may stand out.

My advice is to find a happy medium within yourself first before making any decisions.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/08/2013 9:54 am

I currently live out in the forest. If you've seen the Hunger Games, the part where they are out in the forest trying to kill each other was filmed like 10 minutes from here. So that's where I live. It's one of the most beautiful, peaceful places on Earth, but I still want to move to the big city while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. The forest is awesome but sometimes it gets boring. I miss the excitement of cities.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/08/2013 11:31 am

Different places have different values and feels. Some small towns are very welcoming whiles others can be snobbish. My sister swears that when she moved to the city, she had much better day-to-day human interaction experiences but she will never convince me. I think it all depends on who you are and if your values jive with others' around you. It also depends on your opinion of yourself. Your self-worth influences how you view the world and how you interact with others. Heal your spirit from the inside.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 07/08/2013 2:54 pm

Different places have different values and feels. Some small towns are very welcoming whiles others can be snobbish. My sister swears that when she moved to the city, she had much better day-to-day human interaction experiences but she will never convince me. I think it all depends on who you are and if your values jive with others' around you. It also depends on your opinion of yourself. Your self-worth influences how you view the world and how you interact with others. Heal your spirit from the inside.

In general, my experiences with people were far better in larger cities as well. Some of the best experiences I had at a job with customers or coworkers was working at a market in a bigger city. I think it's just because people who gather in large cities tend to be more educated (in general obviously not everyone) and intelligent. Of course it depends.

MemberMember
(@kairasa)

Posted : 07/08/2013 11:37 pm

I like both. I grew up in a "town" of less than 500 people and I currently live in Austin, Texas, which has a population of 800,000+ and growing! It's hard to compare when it comes to my skin because when I was more insecure I lived in a small town where everybody knew my business, and I went to school with the same kids for years. I moved here last year and as a 24 year old, I see myself independent of how my skin is doing. Austin is a very laid-back and accepting place though...judgement is something I wouldn't expect at all here.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/13/2013 11:35 pm

Both have their pros and cons. I like big cities because you can just go out and not worry about running into someone you know when you are having a bad skin day. Also, big cities = more things to do! But small cities have their charm too, and the smaller cities I lived in tend to be safer than some of the bigger cities, but that depends really.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/15/2013 12:10 am

Oh but i have man believe me, i've faced this for years. but a person can only take so much. is it to much to ask for a little peace & tranquility after years of dealing with it? i just need a break from people, ive lived in both settings & can tell that im not ready for a city life yet, although i'd like to be someday. i was born on long island, was there until i was 12 but moved to a small town in ga & lived there for 5 years after. right on time too because that's exactly when my acne started . a hell of a good timing had i had to go to middle & high school in my hometown i don't think i would have made it tbh.

I live in a big city.And here i feel really conscious about myself when outside my house.I guess i'd have a Utopian life if i lived in a small town or a hamlet in the hills. lol... But that's just me. Maybe you should also move to a humbler town where people don't judge you smile.png.But i think that is not good.I mean you can't change cities because of acne ...that sounds funny.Face your hardships buddy smile.png Don't run from them.

MemberMember
(@wheatfree)

Posted : 07/17/2013 3:42 pm

I've decided that it doesn't matter where you live. I you are bothered tremendously by your acne, then you will feel bothered anywhere. I think people will pick up on that and treat you differently based on how you project yourself. I have seen people with acne a lot worse than my own who seem infinitely more well adjusted.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 07/21/2013 10:05 am

Are you serious about the hunger game film? that's awesome lol & yeah that's really the only thing cities offer stuff to to do, stuff to buy. ik what you mean, that's why i'd like being within driving distance from one, but just not live in one the people are generally too full of themselves imo. I wish i lived were you are.

Because i feel like cities have lost it's touch with nature, like in ancient times. idk i feel like we are in a transition period were cities haven't yet become sophisticated enough for my likeing. i'm waiting on a "future city" to appear. one were technology allows it to be way more then anything there is today.

I also feel that humans weren't ment to live in the concrete jungles we have today, plp came from nature so to me it would make sense for plp to be happier living there then in a unnaturally made city

I currently live out in the forest. If you've seen the Hunger Games, the part where they are out in the forest trying to kill each other was filmed like 10 minutes from here. So that's where I live. It's one of the most beautiful, peaceful places on Earth, but I still want to move to the big city while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. The forest is awesome but sometimes it gets boring. I miss the excitement of cities.