Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chillywilly42583

Washing Face Once A Day

I stopped using glycolic/salicylic pads, drying masks and benzoyl peroxide all together and just washing my face with a gentle cleanser (aveeno: ultra calming cleanser) for about a week now. Noticing a good improvement in my skin. If I work out or do any exercise in general I hop in the shower and just rinse off my face with warm water.

I have very oily skin so when my face gets shiny I have been using mary kay oil absorbing sheets. I like these compared to the other ones on the market because they are non comedogenic. Shocking to me my skin hasn't been as oily compared to when I was washing twice a day and using acne fighting medication.

i'm assuming because i'm not drying it out so bad that it needs to compensate. I still have an occasional pimple here or there but my skin isn't nearly as red and the breakouts are noticeably smaller. Ill repost some results after a months time. fingers crossed I found a regimen that works for me.

OOOO and another thing is I used to use sunblock a lot on my face I have cut that out too. I just wear a hat to shield my face or just apply a dab of sunblock to any hyperpigmentation I have. I found even the non oily and non comedogenic sunblock still broke me out.

Edited by chillywilly42583