Notifications
Clear all

What Supplements Can I Take To Help My Acne?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/30/2013 8:44 am

I currently take one zincovit and shellcal/calcimax tablet everyday. What other things could possibly help me? Like iv'e heard cod-liver oil helps acne. Did you take it? Did it help you.I know there's no need to take cod liver oil if you eat fish but i'll be in college and i can hardly eat fish there.So ,could this oil be the elixir of life for me?

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/30/2013 9:49 am

For starters, I'd suggest you get a good multivitamin that is bioavailable (I use Source Naturals Life Force Multiple, which is highly bioavailable; most OTC brands like Centrum are worthless because the forms of the vitamins they use are cheap and not bioavailable.), and then consider adding extra vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, alpha lipoic acid, krill oil (omega 3's), evening primrose oil (omega 6's), astaxanthin, chromium, selenium, MSM, zinc, apple cider vinegar, and/or niacin/niacinamide.

For supplementing natural herbs and spices, I'd suggest neem leaf, sea buckthorn fruit powder, burdock root, bee pollen, propolis, milk thistle, licorice root, cayenne, green tea extract, rosemary, ginger, cat's claw, gotu kola, alfalfa, chlorella, spirulina, dandelion root, and/or turmeric.

All of the above things have natural antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and detoxification/cleansing properties that help heal and prevent acne and improve your skin's health and your overall health.

I like to get my supplements almost exclusively from Amazon from the following trustworthy companies: NOW Foods, Source Naturals, Nutrigold, Jarrow Formulas, and Nature's Way.

For organic herbs and spices, I usually buy in bulk from MountainRoseHerbs.com and make my own capsules or use the powders (like turmeric) for facial masks.

For natural DHT inhibitors, look into saw palmetto, pygeum, nettle, DIM, and pumpkin seed oil.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 06/30/2013 10:36 am

I second the suggestion of DIM. Vitamin D3 also.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 07/01/2013 5:00 am

What about seven seas cod liver oil for acne?Iv'e read it exacerbates acne in some cases?