Notifications
Clear all

Once Again, My Acne Cleared Up Significantly

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 06/29/2013 12:40 pm

About a year ago I started spiro 50mg and cleared my acne pretty nicely but my doctor told me to up my dose to 75mg and 100mg, and then hell broke loose! My skin started breaking out in cysts all over again for a good 4 months...after my doctor was crazy enough to try to up me to 125mg! And I didn't! I figured that 50mg did me well and I didn't want to have crazy menstral cycles,hoping my acne would get better.

I went down to 50mg soon after without doctor consent...which is bad, but I did it anyway. (In no way do I recommend anyone doing that! I should have asked! Do not do it, ask first always!)

But suddently, for the next few weeks my acne started clearing up dramatically; I also used acne.org bp to control my breakouts and it worked extremely well! That is now a staple in my regimen.

So far, my skin looks great again, just a few dark scars since I'm dark skinned, but they will go away with time.

My recommendation is start off slow with the consent of your doctor with spiro. Some doses work better than others depending on the individual.

I have photos if you want to see them! I'll post them later, or you can mail me and I can send them to you directly! I honestly wanted to give back to the community! Good luck on your journey everyone!

-Sidra

MemberMember
(@positivelythinking)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:38 pm

have you had any side effects?

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:42 pm

Yeah I agree with the dosages are so different for people. I am on 100 mg a day and I stay 99% clear I manage a white head or 2 a month. I tried 125 mg to see if I could try and avoid the whiteheads and be 100% clear. I broke out in sit red angry zits and cysts! My obgyn suggested I stick it out and see if I clear in a month or two and I wasn't having it. So I also lower my dosage from 125 back to 100 and was clear again a couple weeks later. Funny though it took 3 days on 125 for my skin to go from good to mayhem!

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 06/30/2013 1:49 pm

have you had any side effects?

Did I have side effects when changing my dose back to 50 or 100mg?

On 100, I was tired, groggy, irregular periods, more acne, basically hated myself lol.

When I went back to 50mg my period went back to normal almost immediately which was interesting. No irregularities. Cleared significantly my energy came back too.

Hope that answers your Q!

Yeah I agree with the dosages are so different for people. I am on 100 mg a day and I stay 99% clear I manage a white head or 2 a month. I tried 125 mg to see if I could try and avoid the whiteheads and be 100% clear. I broke out in sit red angry zits and cysts! My obgyn suggested I stick it out and see if I clear in a month or two and I wasn't having it. So I also lower my dosage from 125 back to 100 and was clear again a couple weeks later. Funny though it took 3 days on 125 for my skin to go from good to mayhem!

Exactly!! Like sometimes I don't think doctors quite understand that every body is different in many ways. So sometimes you need to make your own changes! At least you lowered the dose by 25! I did mine by 50mg which is kinda dramatic and could have done more harm than good. But at least is did only good! (: