Notifications
Clear all

Enriched Gluten Free Cereal Causing Acne?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/28/2013 5:23 pm

Okay, so I find that any multi-vitamins with too many b vitamins give me acne bumps, so I started taking KIDS gummies, cause they don't have nearly as much! But the one I have been taking has 30% the daily value of iodine in one gummy, and I only take one day. Also, it has some b vitamins in it, but nowhere near 100%. Anyways, I was also eating TONS, like 3 boxes a week of the new gluten free vanilla chex cereal, which is enriched in loads of b vitamins. I would eat probably half the box in a sitting and that is 150% of b12 and b6...which are known to aggravate acne. I also noticed that my pee is neon yellow, which is usually from excess b vitamins. I stopped eating it today and stopped the kids multi-vitamin yesterday. I hope I clear up by Monday. My spots are healing. I'm in the caribbean and just don't want to worry about my skin when it was going so good.

My burdock root and milk thistle I believe are helping to detox my system. I feel like my bowels are finally working after a month and a half of heavy probiotics.

Enriched cereals, even gluten free, must certainly irritate the skin if they have excess of these non-whole forms of the vitamins. I mean if you ate food with the b vitamins it would be hard to get such an excess.

Any thoughts?

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 06/29/2013 4:02 am

I dunno but I gotta try these vanilla Chex because I'm a big fan of the Chexes. Honey nut is my favorite.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:06 am

I dunno but I gotta try these vanilla Chex because I'm a big fan of the Chexes. Honey nut is my favorite.

The Vanilla is f***** delicious! But it has barely any fiber and I could eat half the box in one sitting and that is high GI and A LOT of excess vitamins that can aggravate acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/29/2013 10:15 am

Commercial breakfast cereals are junk food. All of them.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 06/29/2013 11:19 am

I know they're mostly junk, but I did the organic cereal with almond milk thing for a while and it had no effect on my skin. I'm sick of being afraid to eat everything so now I just stay away from the real junk food (candy, chips, soda, ice cream etc.) I'm pretty sure there isn't much of a connection between diet and my acne so I will be on the lookout for those Vanilla Chex.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/29/2013 11:46 am

You're right! It's too processed! Most of my friends with clear skin don't eat the amount of cereal I go through, even if it's gluten free! We should be eating whole rice if anything. Eventhough they do drink milk and eat pastries like nothing...which just makes me mad

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/29/2013 3:15 pm

Vanilla chex? Now I'm curious. I love their gluten free cinnamon ones, and the cocoa ones, but they can be addictive. I think the problem is more how much of it you eat, more than anything else. If you eat one bowl a day there shouldn't be any issues. Some are corn based, while others are rice based, and I found that I can tolerate the rice ones better. Now I switched to Barbara's gluten free prebiotic cereal and they are healthier than the chex mix but less flavorful.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/29/2013 5:19 pm

Vanilla chex? Now I'm curious. I love their gluten free cinnamon ones, and the cocoa ones, but they can be addictive. I think the problem is more how much of it you eat, more than anything else. If you eat one bowl a day there shouldn't be any issues. Some are corn based, while others are rice based, and I found that I can tolerate the rice ones better. Now I switched to Barbara's gluten free prebiotic cereal and they are healthier than the chex mix but less flavorful.

I've broken out so bad and weirdly. Deep spots and one dead in the center of my neck...and they just don't heal.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/29/2013 8:12 pm

I know they're mostly junk, but I did the organic cereal with almond milk thing for a while

Still junk. Eat real rood.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/30/2013 12:32 pm

I know they're mostly junk, but I did the organic cereal with almond milk thing for a while and it had no effect on my skin. I'm sick of being afraid to eat everything so now I just stay away from the real junk food (candy, chips, soda, ice cream etc.) I'm pretty sure there isn't much of a connection between diet and my acne so I will be on the lookout for those Vanilla Chex.

I know they're mostly junk, but I did the organic cereal with almond milk thing for a while

Still junk. Eat real rood.

Vista is so right! I find that the more processed the foods I eat the worse my skin! JUNK! ALL JUNK! Cereal of any kind can be shoved up where the sun don't shine!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/30/2013 5:48 pm

Sure, but cereals with prebiotics are actually helping me right now. I get the probiotics from a supplement, and the prebiotics from barbara's organic cereal. I haven't had any issues, and in fact the cereal is improving my digestion. I only eat it in moderation, and it's given me less issues than nuts.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/02/2013 1:38 pm

my skin is clearing up! I don't wanna jinx myself! eusa_whistle.gif . Not eating any grains and no b vitamin foods or actual multi-vitamins! Fewf. What a mistake that was! Almost hibernated and didn't see my boyfriend!