Notifications
Clear all

Mac Studio Fix - Making It Worst?

MemberMember
(@funkycat)

Posted : 06/28/2013 9:20 am

Hello

I've found the best foundation which seems to cover most of my acne is MAC studio fix. I go to castings a lot as I'm an actress and it's the only thing I can put on before I go in which seems to cover it for a while. HOWEVER, I've heard from several make up artists that a lot of people are allergic to it and it makes spots worst or can cause break outs. I stopped using it a few weeks ago and already my breakouts have gone down. Before I was getting clusters of smaller spots and now I'm back to getting one or two and not clusters. I am wondering if the MAC make up was making it break out differently. Would be interesting to know your thoughts.

I've found laura Mercier concealer to be good at covering the odd spot but too heavy to put a lot on so I am not sure what to use now I have binned the MAC!

funkycat

x

MemberMember
(@bluegreeneyed)

Posted : 06/29/2013 4:10 pm

Yup- I tried MAC a few years back because I heard some people do not break out from it. Of course I did, my skin is so sensitive. But if you have acne prone skin definitely stay away from MAC products. I try to stay as natural as possible with my foundation because certain kinds make me break out and feel itchy.

I found a foundation I want to try called "Illuminare" and they have different foundation types for different types of skin like oily or dry. They say its water proof and stays on all day and its a mineral liquid foundation & good for acne prone skin. Go here [Removed] and that's where you can purchase it. They offer little trial sizes so if you don't like it you didn't spend alot of money on it. You can also buy it at [Removed].

I'm thinking about ordering my samples soon because I always have issues with makeup and this sounds promising so I HOPE I like it.

Have you tried Makeup Forever?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/29/2013 5:25 pm

Hi, I just replied to another post with an answer relevant to your question. MAC foundations are definitely ones to avoid for me! Way too cakey and congestive on the skin.

Try Lancome Teint miracle. Love it!

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/29/2013 7:10 pm

Yup- I tried MAC a few years back because I heard some people do not break out from it. Of course I did, my skin is so sensitive.

The exact same thing happened to me. I had a terrible breakout from using MAC Face & Body/Estee Lauder Double Wear Light within about two weeks of each other, and my skin is only just starting to go back to normal about two months later.

Since then I've done lots of research (and tried so many different foundations) and now I'm trying to use makeup with as few ingredients as I can find. I've also switched to mineral makeup - Alima Pure - and I have to say I'm in love, so much in fact that I just spent a ridiculous amount on money in their online store, oops rolleyes.gif

I've had no breakouts whatsoever, which is amazing, because every foundation I've used in the past two years has given me some kind of acne.

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 06/29/2013 8:14 pm

Do you use the Studio Fix liquid foundation or Studio Fix compact powder/foundation?