Notifications
Clear all

Making My Own Regimen

MemberMember
(@gteen)

Posted : 06/28/2013 8:05 am

I'm 15 with acne thats I would describe as mild and close enough to moderate.

I have it pretty much under control with:

Day:

Cleanse with acne.org cleanser

Moisturise with acne.org moisturiser

Night:

Cleanse with acne.org cleanser

use Duac once daily gel

Moisturise with acne.org moisturiser

I was using isotrexin, when my prescription ran out I stopped using it and I had a pretty bad breakout after a week.

My doctor then prescribed me with duac once daily (5% BP, 1% clindamycin phosphate)

and after about two weeks im really happy with my skin in terms of acne.

The thing that is slightly bothering me is acne marks, so i'm looking for something to get rid of acne marks and get rid of redness if possible?

Im also wondering do I need to add a toner and/or exfoliater to my regimen?

not even fully sure if they would be of benefit to me.

So after all that my general question is: What should I add to my basic regimen bearing in mind that I want to remove redness and marks.

note: I don't think I have acne scars because the doctor said to me when prescribing duac "I have no reason to worry that you will have significant scarring in say 10 years", although it kind of worried me that he brough up the subject of permanent scarring because I was never worried about it.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 06/29/2013 8:12 pm

If you would like to add a toner, there's always a debate on whether you really need one or not, I would try PURE witch hazel. I probably sound like a nut but trust me it helps you feel that clean, refreshing sensation and I've heard over time it can help with dark marks. I bought one off of Amazon without alcohol (NO NO for skin - especially with acne)... here's the link!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TH71W0/

Also, don't over exfoliate like so many people do! I would keep it to once a week and use something like baking soda that's fine and mild on your skin.

The key is to mess with your skin as little as possible!

And if you're eating extremely unhealthy as of late I would say cut the greasy, sugary, and fried foods for a week or two and you may even see some progress!

MemberMember
(@gteen)

Posted : 06/30/2013 2:24 pm

I guess I'll skip the toner and about exfoliation, how much would it help towards acne?

and about my marks, they aren't dark or anything its just like red marks left over from whiteheads. they should fade away and maybe they do but I always seem to have them on my face. I guess it may also help if I found out how to lessen the chance of marks after spots.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 07/04/2013 10:46 am

I guess I'll skip the toner and about exfoliation, how much would it help towards acne?

and about my marks, they aren't dark or anything its just like red marks left over from whiteheads. they should fade away and maybe they do but I always seem to have them on my face. I guess it may also help if I found out how to lessen the chance of marks after spots.

I know, those pesky dark marks drive me insane! I don't mind blemishes as much as I mind those damn marks.

Exfoliation is pretty key in removing unwanted dead skin cells that can clog pores and don't leave room for healthy, new cells. But it's hard if you have sensitive skin, which I would say acne is a form of sensitive skin in itself. So find what works best for you. 🙂