Notifications
Clear all

Vampire Facial

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/28/2013 12:06 am

Could this be used to effectively reduce acne scars? The procedure involves a very precise dermaroller needle (Derma-pen) and the injection of plasma into the face (correct me?) to I guess regenerate tissue?

What do you guys think? the procedure is pretty expensive.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 06/28/2013 12:58 am

I think PRP itself is more of a marketing gimmick than it actually helping. Maybe it might help a bit if injected directly into the scars - but I haven't really seen any studies done on it. It also costs a few hundred bucks each time I think.

The dermaroller/dermapen can help to some extent depending on your type of scarring. I would personally just try 3-4 sessions with the normal dermapen and then see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@darkheart)

Posted : 06/28/2013 8:57 pm

I think PRP itself is more of a marketing gimmick than it actually helping. Maybe it might help a bit if injected directly into the scars - but I haven't really seen any studies done on it. It also costs a few hundred bucks each time I think.

The dermaroller/dermapen can help to some extent depending on your type of scarring. I would personally just try 3-4 sessions with the normal dermapen and then see how it goes.

The type of scars I have look like dilated pores (I suppose icepick?) and have been slightly reduced with exfoliation and retinoids but they are still visible regardless.

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 06/29/2013 12:51 am

PRP ,by itself not a treatment for acne scars but it help with healing ,because as i remember that it's contain growth factors that help with wound healing, i think dermapen is better than dermaroller if you have isolated scars cuz it will target every scar effectively

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 06/29/2013 1:57 am

The type of scars I have look like dilated pores (I suppose icepick?) and have been slightly reduced with exfoliation and retinoids but they are still visible regardless.

Personally speaking I wouldn't do any type of treatment for that - not worth the risks IMO. If it bugs you - retin a should help after a while, if not then you can explore fraxel re:store or dermarolling.