Notifications
Clear all

So Many Flakes!

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 06/27/2013 5:17 pm

Hello all!

I'm going on my two months with the regimen. I'm still getting some breakouts, but things seem to be clearing more in my "problem areas" and breakouts appear to be getting more isolated.. so I'm trying to stick to it! One thing that I've been finding more difficult to deal with is the flakes and irritation that comes along with flaking, like itchiness, UGH!.. this had to be the most annoying side effect of the regimen so far.

I'm currently using CeraVe moisturizer, and I have to say.. so far I actually like it quite a lot.. but even it is having a really hard time dealing with the amount of dry skin and flakes I'm having. This all might be due to the fact I've been using a fingers length or 2 pumps of Dan's BP for only about 2-3ish weeks.. I'm willing to guess I'm still in the adjustment period.

I'm about to reorder more BP so I don't run out of my 8oz tube before the shipment gets here, and I only have enough money to either order AHA, or jojoba oil along with it.. So I ask you all what do you think would combat the flakes and dryness better? and what one do you think is overall more beneficial to the regimen?

Also, if you did or didn't use AHA or jojoba.. how long after using the full amount of BP did your skin adjust to the regimen and not get so dry, flaky/ithcy?

Any opinions/advice you have is appreciated (:

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 06/27/2013 7:28 pm

Go with the jojoba oil. For me moisturizer alone doesn't work to stop dryness and flakes.

AHA is more for like curing red spots after your pimples are gone. Its not something to count on for moisturizing.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 06/27/2013 7:32 pm

Go with the jojoba oil. For me moisturizer alone doesn't work to stop dryness and flakes.

AHA is more for like curing red spots after your pimples are gone. Its not something to count on for moisturizing.

Thanks for the advice!

Do you find the jojoba oil to clog pores at all? and also how many drops do you add to your moisturizer?

A lot of people said AHA has an exfoliating effect.. taking off all that extra rough skin.. but I don't know.. I hear mixed reviews all over hahaha.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 06/27/2013 7:35 pm

For me it doesn't make me breakout at all no matter how much I use it or how many times I use it.

Once you get it, start with 10 drops, if you feel its too little or too much, then add more or take away.

I have to use up to 20 drops for my face.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/28/2013 1:09 pm

I got a few tiny breakouts the day after I used jojoba oil but the breakout VANISHED the day after due to Dan's BP. Go buy one. It gets rid of the flakes and makes your skin look smooth. I bought a bottle for $16 and I love it so far and no, I didn't get any breakouts after the first day of using it. :)

MemberMember
(@andres123)

Posted : 06/28/2013 6:24 pm

ack when i was using bp, i tried at separate times jojoba and aha (paula's) to deal with the side effects.

jojoba didnt seem to do much

aha got rid of the flakiness....

...that weird dryness was always there but at least with no flakes things were def. more manageable.

MemberMember
(@laurens11)

Posted : 06/28/2013 6:33 pm

I am experiencing TONS of flakes and I have been using two full pumps of BP (the amount Dan says to slowly get up to in order to experience clear skin) for probably a month now. I have used jojoba oil day and night. Nothing has seemed to help except for the fact that I did exfoliate with the jojoba oil this morning and things are better, but I'm still dry!!! I am very discouraged. How long does it take for skin to adjust to the BP? I have clinical practice coming up and I am dreading the thought of my skin being super dry!!! :( Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@garrettryan)

Posted : 06/28/2013 6:55 pm

I am experiencing TONS of flakes and I have been using two full pumps of BP (the amount Dan says to slowly get up to in order to experience clear skin) for probably a month now. I have used jojoba oil day and night. Nothing has seemed to help except for the fact that I did exfoliate with the jojoba oil this morning and things are better, but I'm still dry!!! I am very discouraged. How long does it take for skin to adjust to the BP? I have clinical practice coming up and I am dreading the thought of my skin being super dry!!! sad.png Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

How long have you been on the regimen in total? I know some people who didn't even use jojoba oil or AHA and their skin seemed to adjust after 4 months by itself.. but I want to see other peoples opinions before I order again on Monday ahhaha. Do you use AHA in your regimen?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/28/2013 11:26 pm

I am experiencing TONS of flakes and I have been using two full pumps of BP (the amount Dan says to slowly get up to in order to experience clear skin) for probably a month now. I have used jojoba oil day and night. Nothing has seemed to help except for the fact that I did exfoliate with the jojoba oil this morning and things are better, but I'm still dry!!! I am very discouraged. How long does it take for skin to adjust to the BP? I have clinical practice coming up and I am dreading the thought of my skin being super dry!!! sad.png Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You have to use both jojoba oil and moisturizer in order to see a difference. And make sure you cover all areas of your face or where the dryness is. I add 5 drops of jojoba oil and mix it with my moisturizer and it takes about 3-5 mins for my skin to absorb it and sometimes longer when I put too much. It will get rid of the dryness. Trust me, my face was FLAKE city before I started using the jojoba oil.

How long have you been on the regimen in total? I know some people who didn't even use jojoba oil or AHA and their skin seemed to adjust after 4 months by itself.. but I want to see other peoples opinions before I order again on Monday ahhaha. Do you use AHA in your regimen?

Dan recommends the AHA and I`ve heard wonderful things about it. I ordered mine to help get rid of my post-acne red marks on my cheeks.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 06/29/2013 11:51 am

My face never adjusted to flaking from dans bp. I had to use another benzoyl peroxide.