Notifications
Clear all

Red Skin Help!

MemberMember
(@mustang10)

Posted : 06/27/2013 10:58 am

So about 2 years ago I started using a neutrogena daily scrub that has salicylic acid in it.it help clear up my acne well but it made my nose turn red and it has been like that for 2 years. I started using a prescrided Acanya product in which you apply the gel after you shower 1 time a day and it sort of helps my dance but made my nose worse! Its main ingredients are clindamycin Phosphate and benzoyl peroxide. Can someone help me get rid of this redness and my acne too?? Please I need it! If you need any clarification just post a comment and I'll reply

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/27/2013 1:00 pm

i couldnt really understand ur post.

i am sorry.

dance?

whats wrong with the nose?

its red?

only nose is red?

if the whole face is then it could be the bp.what % is it?

how long have u been using it?

MemberMember
(@mustang10)

Posted : 06/27/2013 6:59 pm

I meant acne my phone probably auto corrected. Only my nose is red. On the bp product it says 1.2%/2.5% and I have used it for a little less than a year.

MemberMember
(@aquasea)

Posted : 06/27/2013 8:19 pm

Stay away from toxic cancer causing Benzoyl Peroxide!!! I had severe skin damage & permanent red skin because of it....

Red skin is a sign the skin is thinned, lacking nutrients, has capillaries exposed (because your skin is trying to heal it) and damaged...it will take many modalities to rectify it...I am in the process of doing it now...

Look into beta glucan, vitamin c, supergreen DIY face masks (chlorella/ spirulina/ barley grass/ wheat grass/ manuka honey [factor 10 +]/ fresh lemon juice)...also LED light therapy might help (I haven't tried that yet) and silicon sheeting...you might try zinc tape too...

Retinaldehyde/ retinoic acid is said to help red skin too...

You could also try the OCM and natural oil topicals (like rosehip oil etc)...

Other possible helpful topicals are facial mists & nourishing serums for red skin, see Sukin, The Body Deli, Jess Organics, Pure Skin Junkie, Bion Research and Osmosis...

This article might be helpful too http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-reduce-scar-redness

All the best!!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/28/2013 12:16 am

so u were talking about a picture taken?

anyway,if u mean bp is causing ur skin to be red even after almost a year then may be u are using it more than u should.

in amount or frequency.

how's ur acne?mild or moderate?

i dnt think u should use bp all over ur face unless u need to.

have u ever tried spot treatment with small amounts?

and when u say scrub.does it have physical exfoliators?

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 06/28/2013 1:00 am

So about 2 years ago I started using a neutrogena daily scrub that has salicylic acid in it.it help clear up my acne well but it made my nose turn red and it has been like that for 2 years. I started using a prescrided Acanya product in which you apply the gel after you shower 1 time a day and it sort of helps my dance but made my nose worse! Its main ingredients are clindamycin Phosphate and benzoyl peroxide. Can someone help me get rid of this redness and my acne too?? Please I need it! If you need any clarification just post a comment and I'll reply

Don't apply it to your nose then.....?

MemberMember
(@willg)

Posted : 06/28/2013 9:18 pm

You could also try the OCM and natural oil topicals (like rosehip oil etc)...

I've had a red nose for years, even though I very rarely get pimples on it (despite still having active acne on my face). Just general redness - it looks like I always have a cold!

I've been applying rosehip oil once a day to my nose for the last week and it does seem to be helping so far. If the cause is the skin being raw and the capillaries being too close to the surface, then I don't know if rosehip oil will actually help this, or if it is just causing a temporary reduction in the redness. But it's helped so far so I'm going to continue.

As a sidenote, don't apply rosehip oil to the rest of your face unless you're absolutely, completely clear of active acne! I applied it to my face just ONE TIME, to see if it would help with my hyperpigmentation, and I had my worst breakout for years 2 days afterwards. brow.gif If I'd had the sense to search the forums here first, I wouldn't have made that mistake.