Notifications
Clear all

About To Start My 10Mg Accutane Extremely Nervous Any Advice?

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 06/27/2013 9:49 am

any advice on how to avoid or lessen the side effects of accutane while i am take it? its my first time and im very scared. my derm prescribed it to treat deep comedonal acne on my face. i am truly horrified by all the symptoms and am freaking out. is there any advice anyone can give me while i take this drug.

MemberMember
(@acnebrah)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:37 pm

i was on 80mg a day before and i didnt die. ull be fine

MemberMember
(@celticghirl)

Posted : 06/27/2013 5:42 pm

I remember popping my first accutane. There was no Internet back then. I just had to get on with it. Lol. Just look after yourself. Eat well drink plenty water. Avoid alcohol, rest. Give yourself nice treats. It can make you feel like you have flu. Sore bones etc but that's a known side effect. Get some good lip balm for your lips and nose, get artificial tears for your eyes if they feel dry. If anything bothers you go straight back to your doctor or pharmacist for advice. Good luck!

Ps if your in pain don't be buying pills off the Internet. Your doctor will advise you what to do. You are putting your body through a regime, take care of it.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 06/27/2013 7:33 pm

thanks. i'm very concerned about rectal bleeding did you experience any of that? im on a low dose i believe. 10mg but i'm stll worried

MemberMember
(@celticghirl)

Posted : 06/28/2013 1:40 am

I didn't have this. Honestly though have you ever looked at the the effects for paracetamol or ibuprofen? You probably wouldn't take it if you thought you would get all the side affects.

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 06/28/2013 10:29 am

true thanks.