Notifications
Clear all

Everytime I Go Outside, I Always Get New Pimples/acne. Help :'(

MemberMember
(@embarassedgirl)

Posted : 06/26/2013 3:57 pm

I think it's perhaps the sun and the heat (it's ALWAYS hot where I live). My dermatologist told me to stay away from the sun because it might cause more pimples/acne (don't know the difference oompf.gif), but the problem is, sometimes I can't avoid going outside! In a couple days, my family's going to go for a family trip and I'm sure I won't be allowed to stay in the hotel all the time sad.png

I really don't wanna go on the trip cuz my acne is finally beginning to clear up. After it breaks out due to being out in the sun/heat too long, it could take MONTHS to clear it up again! It's just terrible.

So I need help. What causes the acne in the first place? Is it the sweat that builds up and clogs pores or what? >.< What can I do to avoid the breakouts if I need to go outside? (do I use an umbrella or dab at my face with a tissue all the time or...?)

Thanks! :'D

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/26/2013 4:07 pm

I doubt the sun would be directly causing your acne, since the vitamin D you're getting would be helpful, but the free radical formation and oxidative stress caused by sun exposure (responsible for aging and inflammation) would definitely play a role in exacerbating your acne. I would maybe wear a wide brimmed hat and use an umbrella. If you're sweating, dab your face gently with a clean towel. If you're know you're going to sweat, try to make sure your pores are clean both before and after sweating, so that the sweat doesn't mix with dirt, dead skin cells, and bacteria, which would also exacerbate acne.

MemberMember
(@orion656)

Posted : 06/26/2013 4:36 pm

Use a moisturiser with SPF-15 to 30. Try "Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control" It is SPF 30, Use daily before you go outside and cleanse off at night time.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 06/26/2013 8:20 pm

Acne SHOULD NEVER keep you from having fun. I can't imagine staying indoors or at home while your family is out having a good time could be very fun... Sweating can definitely cause breakouts, so can oiliness if you get oily you can get some oil blotting sheets. SPF and sunhats are everyone's best friend in the summer and I recommend them.

MemberMember
(@kjoysmomma)

Posted : 06/27/2013 1:19 pm

I often get small pimples when I am outside. But I notice it is usually when I am sweating and it mixes with my makeup.