Face Looks Like I G...

Notifications
Clear all

Face Looks Like I Got Sunburnt?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/25/2013 10:13 pm

I'm on my 5th week of Dan's regimen already and my face looks like I went to the Dominican Republic and was under a sun for a week (although I stayed indoors the whole time and put on sunscreen). What can I do to eliminate the redness? I have to go to a party next week and I'm 100% sure my friends will take pictures of me and post it on fb. I bought some jojoba oil today, hopefully it'll help with the flakiness.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 06/25/2013 10:28 pm

I'm on my 5th week of Dan's regimen already and my face looks like I went to the Dominican Republic and was under a sun for a week (although I stayed indoors the whole time and put on sunscreen). What can I do to eliminate the redness? I have to go to a party next week and I'm 100% sure my friends will take pictures of me and post it on fb. I bought some jojoba oil today, hopefully it'll help with the flakiness.

Unfortunately, with the regimen comes redness. And the only things you can really do is wait it out until your skin gets used to it and moisturize a bit more than usual. That...or a little bit of make-up just to tone down the redness.

Or if you are of legal drinking age and your face is totally red in pictures...just Blame it on the a-a-a-a-alcohol. haha. (this is my attempt at a joke by the way)

MemberMember
(@ansia)

Posted : 06/25/2013 11:15 pm

At nights (if you don't use a gel like Epiduo or Duac or Differin) you can put on baby powder. Baby powder will bring down the redness for sure. Try not to put on moisturiser underneath it because then it'll be a huge mess. Just baby powder.

If you want put it during the day as well, but maybe on a day when you're not planning to leave the house.

The zinc in the powder will bring down the redness and swelling, and the powder will make your skin soft.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/26/2013 1:32 am

Red skin = irritated skin, so try doing things to calm down the irritation. Try an intensive moisturizing mask, maybe even leave it on overnight on top of your BP. I also would definitely suggest ice--this sounds weird, but rubbing an ice cube all over your face for about 40 seconds or so really calms down redness/irritation and makes your skin look fresher.

Also, don't forget to moisturize and use sunscreen everyday. You might actually have a slight sunburn since BP makes your skin sensitive to the sun.

MemberMember
(@kevindreed)

Posted : 06/27/2013 7:32 pm

Try putting on jojoba oil every 2 hrs when your home. And before you go to sleep put a lot of jojoba oil.

Your skin is becoming sensitive to the bp.

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 06/28/2013 11:28 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. The jojoba oil did help but I saw the redness go away after two days of using it.

Unfortunately, with the regimen comes redness. And the only things you can really do is wait it out until your skin gets used to it and moisturize a bit more than usual. That...or a little bit of make-up just to tone down the redness.

Or if you are of legal drinking age and your face is totally red in pictures...just Blame it on the a-a-a-a-alcohol. haha. (this is my attempt at a joke by the way)

MemberMember
(@missalexcee)

Posted : 08/12/2013 1:37 am

Out of curiosity, what kind of sunscreen do you use? I thought we were suppose to avoid using that while doing the regime?

MemberMember
(@theonethatgotaway)

Posted : 08/13/2013 3:46 am

Out of curiosity, what kind of sunscreen do you use? I thought we were suppose to avoid using that while doing the regime?

I use the Olay 15 spf all day lotion for sensitive skin. You have to use it while under the regimen if you plan to go outside or else, the sun rays will damage your skin.

MemberMember
(@realme2008)

Posted : 08/13/2013 12:00 pm

I use the Olay 15 spf all day lotion for sensitive skin. You have to use it while under the regimen if you plan to go outside or else, the sun rays will damage your skin.

Benozyl Peroxide causes sensitivity to sunlight, and can cause damage to your skin if you expose your skin to a lot of direct sunlight without using a spf. So you're doing the right thing.