Notifications
Clear all

Can I Just Quit Using Differin Gel?

MemberMember
(@raxar)

Posted : 06/24/2013 3:50 am

I've been on Differin Gel 0.3% for almost 3 years now. Sure it has eliminated my huge outbreak I had and has kept it mostly under control however I have to constantly live with my face being extremely red, which I've never had before prior to taking the medication. My skin tone had always matched my body before but nowadays my face is pretty much always red. And if I ever step in to the sun my face instantly turns lobster red. I also have to live with super dry skin. Every morning I have to load my face with moisturizer after showering or my face will literally feel so dry I won't move my mouth.

Now for the past 2 months I've started using Differin every other day instead of every night but I really just want to stop it. Is this something I can do now? Or will I suffer another huge breakout?

BTW, I am a 19 year old male. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 06/24/2013 5:24 am

Is your skin more or less clear? ask your doctor/derm to go to the lower strength of Differin, it should still keep the breakouts at bay but it will be less irritating.

MemberMember
(@ansia)

Posted : 06/25/2013 11:22 pm

I also used Differin for about six months, and just like you I'd use it and think that it helps keep the acne under control, but other than that I always had redness which was not always attractive (although it did save me using blush!)

I stopped using Differin, mainly because I couldn't afford it anymore and I thought that I could do without it. And it's true.

The first month sucked. I had no idea how to replace the Differin I depended on every night.

But through trial and error I managed to figure out ways to control my acne WITHOUT the redness.

Sp, yes, you can quit on Differin, but arm yourself with patience to find a substitute.

MemberMember
(@raxar)

Posted : 07/01/2013 4:32 am

Using a lower strength gel would be an excellent choice. Thank you!