Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LucyInTheSky

DIANE 35 (quick survey) ****PLEASE!****

Hello everyone... and thanks for taking the time to read this.

It's me again, posting yet another topic on, you guessed it, acne.

I started taking DIANE 35 (DIANETTE) about 3 weeks ago and I don't know if I'm seeing any results yet. It's not any worse than before, which is good I hope.

I have had rather oily skin for a long time and mild acne and I'm hoping that Diane 35 will take care of those problems, even if just a little bit. I'm 25 and, and at this point, having tried almost everything, I'm terrified that this won't work either.

I read that the oil production is supposed to decrease way before the acne itself gets better (which could take months, I know) . My oil production is the same, maybe even a little worse? I don't even know anymore, I've been looking so much. I 'm pretty sure that my acne is hormal, though.

So, once again, I need your help... eusa_pray.gif

*from your personal experiences, how long before your face became less oily?

ANY little bit of an answer will be so appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hi,

I don't reccomend going on a BCP just for acne. If you have other medical reasons though, or really need it for the birth control, then I say go for it. My skin didn't become less oily at all while using Ortho Tri, and it didn't help my acne at all.

I was on this drug. I didn't have oily skin but my acne much improved after 2 months. Then again, I was on antibiotics too. But, I had severe cystic acne. Good luck. Also, I don't recommend this drug as a long term "solution". All the best.

This is my fourth month on Diane 35 and i'm still oily (hate to tell you this). however it is slightly better than before (regarding oil) but i seriously doubt it would get any better. i also experienced a cystic breakout in the third month and started using retina again (which helped a lot). my cheeks are clearing nicely, my back and chest are clear, it's only chin (and oil) that's been giving me so much trouble.

I am on my 4th week of Yasmin, which is supposedly, the "USA" equivalent of Diane-35 (or close enough to it.)

On the Yasmin, I experienced a noticable reduction of facial oil in only about a week. Also, the cysts that were caused by my first birth control pill (Loestrin) seem to be kept at bay. I am hoping the Yasmin will prevent any future outbreaks...especially since I never had this problem until I started taking the pill 3 months ago! Damn hormones... mad.gif

Thanks for your replies, all of you.

I hope that DAINE-35 will work for me, too! I'm TWO WEEKS into it, and still NO change. I'm starting to get depressed and hopeless again. I'm seriously about to just accept that nothing is ever going to work and that I'll always feel this way about myself.

There is no way of knowing if it'll work yet. It's too soon, I know. It worked for some of you, and not for others with similar problems as mine.

MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED REALLY REALLY TIGHTLY.

Thanks for your helps ladies. eusa_clap.gif

Hello everyone... and thanks for taking the time to read this.

It's me again, posting yet another topic on, you guessed it, acne.

I started taking DIANE 35 (DIANETTE) about 3 weeks ago and I don't know if I'm seeing any results yet. It's not any worse than before, which is good I hope.

I have had rather oily skin for a long time and mild acne and I'm hoping that Diane 35 will take care of those problems, even if just a little bit. I'm 25 and, and at this point, having tried almost everything, I'm terrified that this won't work either.

I read that the oil production is supposed to decrease way before the acne itself gets better (which could take months, I know) . My oil production is the same, maybe even a little worse? I don't even know anymore, I've been looking so much. I 'm pretty sure that my acne is hormal, though.

So, once again, I need your help... eusa_pray.gif

*from your personal experiences, how long before your face became less oily?

ANY little bit of an answer will be so appreciated. Thanks so much.

Hi there,

I have a couple things to say about Diane 35 which I think are relevant to your situation.

First of all, Diane 35 was an amazing BCP for me when it came to clearing up my acne. I suffered from acne since I was 15 and tried everything from retin-A's, drugs, including Accutane, and every and all store bought products. I started Diane 35 when I was 19 and in about 3 months saw my skin start to clear. Yes, 3 months may seem like a long time, but if you think about the years that you have suffered, what's 3 months, really?! My skin wasn't perfect, but as I continued to use Diane 35 my skin got better and better and better. After 1 year my skin was pretty much perfect.....didn't know my skin could be so clear. It was really exciting!

Now moving on to the down sides. While I was on Diane 35 I got some hormonal side effects including a lot of cramping and gastrointestinal symptoms. They were quite bad and bothered me a couple times a week. After enduring them for so long...because doctors and I never figured out they were from Diane 35....when I found out what they were from I decided to stop. And hey, I had clear skin so didn't need to be on it anymore. HOWEVER, man was I ever shocked about a year ago when my skin started to break out again. It started as regular break outs, but now 8 months later my acne is worse than it ever was in the past. Now I"m back to square one because my acne is extremely resistent and I don't know how to clear it.

So, that's my story on Diane 35. I hope it helps. My advice is that if you don't get any side effects, Diane can be a really great remedy for acne, but you will have to wait through a few cycles of the pills to see a difference. Also beware that if you stop Diane 35, acne will likely return...and this is something that research has found again and again.

Best of luck.

it took 3 months for it to work for me. It got alot worse in the begining. My skin was perfect but it made me really depressed to the point that i had to go on antidepressants. My doctor told me to stop taking diane-35 cause of the depression.

i have been taking diane for a month now and it has made my skin less oily but my acne has really gone crazy. i was on it before for 3 months and it did a little something but i didnt think it was worth continuing. this time though i will give it 6 months or more cuz im desperate! been feeling depressed lik ei dont want to go out but that could be just cuz my face is a mess right now!

i have been taking diane for a month now and it has made my skin less oily but my acne has really gone crazy. i was on it before for 3 months and it did a little something but i didnt think it was worth continuing. this time though i will give it 6 months or more cuz im desperate! been feeling depressed lik ei dont want to go out but that could be just cuz my  face is a mess right now!

i have been taking diane for a month now and it has made my skin less oily but my acne has really gone crazy. i was on it before for 3 months and it did a little something but i didnt think it was worth continuing. this time though i will give it 6 months or more cuz im desperate! been feeling depressed lik ei dont want to go out but that could be just cuz my  face is a mess right now!

HI

This is my 5th month on Diane 35. When I first started with this pill, I had the breakouts from hell. So much so, that I wouldn't go out or even to work. Almost every section of my face had acne. I was extremely deiscouraged. I honestly didn't really start seeing results until my 4th month. I still have pimples but not as much as before. They cover with my make up so my confidence levels have increased dramatically.

Now in terms of side effects. I gained a little weight and my boob size increased. But I ended up losing the weight in July and unfortuanately bye bye bigger boobs. Oh well!! I experienced a bit of spotting at the begining as well. Other then that I haven't experienced anything bad. Good luck, it's a waiting period and u really need to be patient. If u have any other questions feel free to email me.

dianette didnt work for me, i had a massive breakout while on my 2nd week with it. so i changed back to using antibiotics n benzamycin gel. theyre workin great, n im nearly clear biggrin.gif fingers crossed!