Notifications
Clear all

What Type Of Scar Is This?with Picture.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/22/2013 5:56 am

what type of scar is this?any way of treating it other than "surgically"?
would u consider it deep or shallow?
(the indented one)
post-200657-0-65283300-1371898291_thumb. post-200657-0-51866100-1371898481_thumb.
right next to it is a red mark which was actually slightly raised and i though may be its a 'hypertropic scar' but after weeks it seems to recede into the skin(its almost like normal flat skin now,but with a tough looking hyperpigmentation)
also,notice the huge pores(or may be scared pores,am not sure!)
do u have such pores?
thanks.

post-200657-0-65283300-1371898291_thumb.

post-200657-0-51866100-1371898481_thumb.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 06/22/2013 8:18 am

It looks like a boxcar. These are fairly difficult to treat in general, but you could look into punch floats, punch grafts and excisions. You just have to find a skilled doctor to do them, which can be difficult. If I were you, I'd probably look into excisions (easier to find a doctor), although you'd then be trading the scar for a surgical one. You should get a consultation first in case they think it's not worth it. Individual needling might also help to an extent, and is something you can do at home if you do enough research. I don't think it would do much other than soften the edges and slightly puff it up though, but it could still help. TCA cross would have a similar effect (don't try at home). I don't think there's any point in looking at lasers, since you only have one scar and lasers treatments are very expensive, but a spot treatment with an ablative fractional laser could be an option and would probably be more effective than needling or cross.

Is this a new scar? If it is, you may want to wait at least 6 months, possibly a year, before considering any treatments as the healing process still isn't finished. It's going to look better once it has fully matured. Your pores look fine. And since you only have one scar, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If you've been on accutane, you should wait at least 6 months - and preferably at least a year - before getting any treatments whatsoever, since accutane is still affecting your skin healing and your skin is too fragile to deal with anything invasive.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/22/2013 8:44 am

i have this scar for more than 6 mnths.

now that i think about it,i am not sure if its a pox scar or a acne scar.

damn!

in any case ,i dnt really wanna go for anything big or serious for as u said its just one but u see its right on the centre of my cheek.up all front and it does bother considering i have fair skin.

i was wondering if massaging or the other tricks people recommend here(except urine therapy) help it?

its been about six mnths since accutane(just for information).

i am not sure if the pores are shown rightly.here is a link to that trouble -

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 06/22/2013 10:02 am

I don't think massaging will do anything. It might help with blood flow to the area and thus help a healing (surgical etc) scar, but other than that any positive effects are most likely just temporary microswelling. You could try at-home needling for the scar and retin-a for the pores. And urine therapy - I don't think anyone seriously believes this would help, or at least I hope so.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/22/2013 12:52 pm

I.have a scar like that smaller tho.

But is from chicken pox

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/23/2013 1:13 am

and did u find a cure yet?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:14 pm

It's most likely a box scar.Are you sure it was caused because of acne? And NO.Massaging and other things which people claim do NOTHING to the scars. Only laser treatment and other surgical remedies make it better.

I never had these box scars.For some reason i always get rolling scars,which are worse .

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 06/27/2013 2:43 pm

It's most likely a box scar.Are you sure it was caused because of acne? And NO.Massaging and other things which people claim do NOTHING to the scars. Only laser treatment and other surgical remedies make it better.

I never had these box scars.For some reason i always get rolling scars,which are worse .

That's total BS. There is a lot more than just laser treatment for scarring. Will it make it go away completely? Probably not, but you can make scars a lot better. Retin-A, copper peptides, dermarolling/stamping, and peels (TCA/TCA cross/Glycolic) all should help with scars. Some people even do at home subcision.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/27/2013 3:03 pm

That's total BS. There is a lot more than just laser treatment for scarring. Will it make it go away completely? Probably not, but you can make scars a lot better. Retin-A, copper peptides, dermarolling/stamping, and peels (TCA/TCA cross/Glycolic) all should help with scars. Some people even do at home subcision.

It's coming from a guy who've had these things done to him. Glycolic peels? I've had them for my big rolling scar.It aggravated my acne and only faded the scar a little.But then the new breakout left a bigger scar...I've had microdermabrasion done to my skin.It was crap.It also made me break out more.I have had laser for my scars.It did fade my scar a lot.But i agree it's stupid to nuke your scars with a laser unless you're completely done with your breakout.Because scars will again come...

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 06/27/2013 3:52 pm

not at all!!! i wish i had rolling scars instead of box car and ice pick scars!!!! there is so much more u can do with rollling scars then with box car or ice pick,.

to the OP be greatful that is all you have i have ur scar all over my cheeks! seriously be thank full that is all you have !

MemberMember
(@jfiligree)

Posted : 06/27/2013 6:52 pm

It's coming from a guy who've had these things done to him. Glycolic peels? I've had them for my big rolling scar.It aggravated my acne and only faded the scar a little.But then the new breakout left a bigger scar...I've had microdermabrasion done to my skin.It was crap.It also made me break out more.I have had laser for my scars.It did fade my scar a lot.But i agree it's stupid to nuke your scars with a laser unless you're completely done with your breakout.Because scars will again come...

Saying that lasers and surgical procedures are the only things that work is totally untrue - they just take time. There is a lot of proof of it on these forums. Also, you have to work your way up with chemical peels or they will be very irritating.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/28/2013 1:17 pm

not at all!!! i wish i had rolling scars instead of box car and ice pick scars!!!! there is so much more u can do with rollling scars then with box car or ice pick,.

to the OP be greatful that is all you have i have ur scar all over my cheeks! seriously be thank full that is all you have !

i am thankful about it.

doesn't mean i should nt be concerned at all or not find a solution.

to all,

i am willing to be patient.so if u feel there are ways like massaging that could help,kindly let me know.

i'm up for trying.

note :

i massage this place for like 1 minute or so twice a day while cleansing with my SA(1%) wash.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/20/2013 8:11 am

i am thankful about it.

to all,

i am willing to be patient.so if u feel there are ways like massaging that could help,kindly let me know.

i'm up for trying.

note :

i massage this place for like 1 minute or so twice a day while cleansing with my SA(1%) wash.

How did the massage go?

Imo i dont think 1 minute is enough. 15 minutes to 30 minutes is a good start.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/20/2013 9:11 am

i am thankful about it.

to all,

i'm up for trying.

note :

How did the massage go?

well, i massage it for 1 minute everyday and i see no improvement as of now.

i am unsure though.

to make it 15-30 minutes is not time friendly for me.

but frankly i doubt box scar is much effected by massage.

i'll continue what i do though and keep u guys updated.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 08/20/2013 1:24 pm

i am thankful about it.

to all,

i'm up for trying.

note :

How did the massage go?

i am unsure though.

i think you know aquase, right? He did get rid of his scars, even a burn scar and some atrophy. Though he did 30 minutes massages everyday.

Idk, try increasing it to 10 minutes atleast?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 08/21/2013 12:52 am

i am thankful about it.

to all,

i'm up for trying.

note :

How did the massage go?

i am unsure though.

i think you know aquase, right? He did get rid of his scars, even a burn scar and some atrophy. Though he did 30 minutes massages everyday.

Idk, try increasing it to 10 minutes atleast?

any idea over what period of time?

i'll try to increase the time & keep track.

i do it while am cleansing though.he uses some oil i suppose.

i'll let u know.

MemberMember
(@no_hope)

Posted : 08/21/2013 2:46 pm

*Moderator Edit, I've edited out your quote because I the member you quoted was a spammer*

what does tramadol have to do with this thread or acne scars?