Notifications
Clear all

Scared Of A Relapse!

MemberMember
(@terracotta479)

Posted : 06/20/2013 11:46 pm

I was wondering exactly how high the chance of getting a relapse is? I just finished about 4.5 months of Accutane (3 months on 40mg and the rest on 60) and I have to go off of it now because of really bad hip pain. I haven't broken out in at LEAST a month (not even tiny pimples, just some milia) and my skin has gotten suuuper dry (obviously) and I've recently developed dandruff (ugh). My derm said that we would stop it for now and I would go in early July and see if I wanted to start back up, but I just wanted to know what exactly is my chance of relapse? My mom hasn't had a relapse if that's any help and she was on it (well now it's been about 20 years and she gets cysts every now and then but never like before).

Anyone? Please?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/21/2013 12:28 am

Dont worry about a relapse just live your life right now and dont worry about what might happen! You can always start a topical just to make sure if your that worried though. Just my thought on it:)

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/21/2013 12:51 am

Don't worry about things that "could" happen.A lot could happen! Like a meteor striking you...Just enjoy your clear skin and live your life :)

MemberMember
(@wman)

Posted : 06/21/2013 10:28 pm

Okay I'm just going to give you the truth here. You cannot avoid the relapse most likely, so there is no use stressing out about it. I actually did have a terrible relapse after taking accutane for 5months. At first, my skin was great...then it slowly declined until I had to start up again. Just be prepared to go back on it. It's not a big deal. Just live your life. Shit happens. Also if you aren't already, make sure you're using special moisturizing shampoos an body washes. They helped me significantly. I still lather my face in lotion every time I wash. The dry skin never goes away. It does subside quite a bit though. Life will get better in the end. Hope this helped.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/22/2013 12:21 pm

i secong going on a topical. Acutane was never a cure for me and despite 3 course, acne has come back each and every time. A retinoid might be of some help to keep pores clear.

MemberMember
(@wman)

Posted : 06/22/2013 2:43 pm

How long were each of the three course you took Sasch? Cause I'm on two and if my acne comes back again...I don't know what I'll do. Maybe crawl into a hole and die. I did five months and now am on another five months. My acne never did come all the way back. I feel like it will stick with me this time. Any advice you could give? I. Feel that I'm doin quite decently, but I want to know if there are any secrets you could tell me