Notifications
Clear all

Vbeam For An Excision Scar?

MemberMember
(@pete23)

Posted : 06/19/2013 3:27 pm

I had an excision well over a month ago that I hoped would rid me of a hypertrophic scar between my eyes that was originally from a very persistent cyst. Unfortunately, I've been left with a hypertrophic scar not unlike the one I had in the first place, but this one is extremely red.

My dermatologist/plastic surgeon has recommended the VBeam Perfecta Laser for it. I have done only cursory research on this treatment. While I do more research, I thought it wouldn't hurt to post here and see if anyone knows anything or has perhaps had this treatment themselves. So, what do you think? Given the attached picture, is the VBeam laser suitable? Would you do anything different?

I appreciate any help I receive.

post-203391-0-49054700-1371673626_thumb.

post-203391-0-49054700-1371673626_thumb.

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 06/19/2013 3:49 pm

I don't know anything about this laser unfortunately, BUT you should definitely wear silicone sheets at night and silicone gel during the day if you're not doing so already. Good luck with the healing! :)

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/19/2013 4:48 pm

I had an excision well over a month ago that I hoped would rid me of a hypertrophic scar between my eyes that was originally from a very persistent cyst. Unfortunately, I've been left with a hypertrophic scar not unlike the one I had in the first place, but this one is extremely red.

My dermatologist/plastic surgeon has recommended the VBeam Perfecta Laser for it. I have done only cursory research on this treatment. While I do more research, I thought it wouldn't hurt to post here and see if anyone knows anything or has perhaps had this treatment themselves. So, what do you think? Given the attached picture, is the VBeam laser suitable? Would you do anything different?

I appreciate any help I receive.

I have not had vbeam for a scar, but I had vbeam done for broken capillaries three times and the vbeam laser will take away the redness from a scar from what I hear. Although a month after the excision may be too soon because the scar is still in the healing stages and the scar should lighten up after a couple more months. I would search if there are any complications with vbeam and recent scars, but I will let you know from my personal experience is that the vbeam laser is usually safe and effective for redness.

MemberMember
(@pete23)

Posted : 06/25/2013 10:52 am

I had the VBeam done yesterday. It was not painful at all. I was bruised, which some say is a good indicator that the treatment was successful. Here is a picture I took in the car maybe 15 minutes after I was zapped.

post-203391-0-63435400-1372175541_thumb.

Today, though, I was gently washing my face and when I looked up in the mirror, I noticed I was bleeding. The area popped like a pimple and continued bleeding. I believe puss came out, but I suppose it could have been dead skin. Either way, this worries me.

I called my doctor and was told to put a band-aid on it. If the bleeding persists, I was told to come back in to the office later today. I don't want to go back in and I really don't think they'd be able to do anything for me, anyway.

Of course, it's good that the doctor wasn't alarmed about this reaction, but I still don't feel better. After searching online for about an hour, I haven't been able to find any reports of bursting or bleeding after VBeam. I was definitely not informed it was a possibility yesterday, either. I'm just worried this scarring will end up the same as before or worse.

post-203391-0-63435400-1372175541_thumb.