Notifications
Clear all

Come Summer = Cysts

MemberMember
(@tommy_boi)

Posted : 06/19/2013 12:55 am

I have not been around on these forums for ages now, been pretty much clear with my skin so not had to come on here picking people's brains for answers, but hey i am back again for some answers if one can be given, my skin has pretty much been clear for months now, i am talking 6 months or longer, but today all of a sudden i have come out in some cysts on my neck, now i am not sure if this my skin being a problem again as i seem to get these around this time of the year when the weather starts warming up, recently it has been really warm and i suffer generally with heat anyways, i get really hot quick and my skin starts to sweat or just gets really hot, this is the time i seem to get these type of spots, in the winter i don't seem to get the problem, the cysts don't seem ordinary too, when i press on them they just go really red and blood starts to come out of them and then they are really sore for three or so days and then clear up, i seem to get some on my face too but they are smaller, what could this be?.

MemberMember
(@farjam)

Posted : 06/20/2013 8:55 am

Def you're right! once summer starts I get more pimples on my back and face! when I go out I get extremely red and can't wait to go back home to take a shower...

I think I will move to Finland or Iceland in future to avoid being in heat so much!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 06/23/2013 3:49 am

I agree. The summer heat causes me difficulty too. My skin just seems to get instantly hot, sticky moist, inflamed, and broken out looking. Seems that this has only started being a problem with me for about the last 5 years. Almost as if the skin is sort of clogged, and can't "breathe" well, and sweat collects under the surface causing inflammation. Wish I had a good solution. I've actually made lifestyle changes to accommodate this. I do most outdoor stuff in early morning or late evening when it's not so hot, or plan outdoor activities so I'm showering just after, or even avoid certain hobbies if its going to be too hot outside. Kind of sucks having to strategize things so much....what BS. Just another way my skin screws up my life!

MemberMember
(@giveback)

Posted : 06/25/2013 5:29 am

I have clear skin all year round with the help of the regimen but come summer time I get 2-3 cysts that leave scars. I hate summer

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 07/22/2013 7:31 am

I have finally come to realise that after 5 years the same thing happens to me. Summer time or humid conditions makes me break out.

The severity of the breakout is also linked to your diet. Last year I was completely clear skin until I had korean BBQ. either the oil used or the the BBQ style cooking made me break out with Cystic acne for more 4 months straight! My face was covered with at least 10 Cystic acne it was quite severe.

Since the breakout, I have been extremely discipline with what I eat staying away from any food that would provoke acne and I have cleared dramatically (still stuck with PIH) With the exception of going to HK 2 weeks ago. It was extremely humid and I broke out again. But it was not Cystic acne but just normal whiteheads that would heal in 1 week.

I am confident I will have clear skin by the end of the year which is when summer comes around. Sticking with my current diet my face is going to be put to the test if it breaks out or not again this summer.