Notifications
Clear all

Acne not present in Canadian inuit prior to 1950

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 10/14/2004 4:45 pm

After sugar and processed food was introduced into their diet they developed acne

MemberMember
(@pbear8)

Posted : 10/15/2004 7:50 am

After sugar and processed food was introduced into their diet they developed acne

MemberMember
(@ryan-valmont)

Posted : 10/15/2004 6:08 pm

MemberMember
(@sendai)

Posted : 10/17/2004 7:01 am

MemberMember
(@sweetjade1980)

Posted : 10/17/2004 11:36 am

Are you saying that one day they were eating traditional foods, and the next they were eating processed food and sugar, and got acne, while everything else was the same? Sounds rather doubtful to me.

Yes, "non-westernized", isolated populations of indigineous peoples do not seem to have acne, and once they become "westernized" they get it, but it is not clear yet why this is so. There could be many other factors in play.

MemberMember
(@genecosta1)

Posted : 10/18/2004 8:40 am

Or the acne gene didn't show up until 1950.

MemberMember
(@benkweller)

Posted : 10/18/2004 12:08 pm

Booya.

MemberMember
(@diljs)

Posted : 10/18/2004 11:20 pm

I am convinced that westernized food = acne. There's lots of "food doesn't = acne" arguments, but guess what? they're replacing processed food with processed food. It's going to be the same either way. American food is horrible for you:

-pasteurization

-preservatives

-refined sugars

-white flour

-more preservatives

-radiation

-microwaving

-more preservatives

and so on.

Why doesn't it occur on everyone then? My guess is that everyone's body has different ways of dealing with the screwed up food we have. Some get fat, some get screwed up organs, some get acne.

MemberMember
(@benkweller)

Posted : 10/19/2004 4:03 pm

Define how American food is horrible for us? I really love when people want to be all cool and radical by denouncing the mainstream but tell me -- if food is so horrible and we're killing ourselves by eating like this for the last century, why has the life expectancy skyrocketed?

MemberMember
(@sendai)

Posted : 10/20/2004 12:46 pm

Define how American food is horrible for us? I really love when people want to be all cool and radical by denouncing the mainstream but tell me -- if food is so horrible and we're killing ourselves by eating like this for the last century, why has the life expectancy skyrocketed?

MemberMember
(@duluxdog)

Posted : 10/20/2004 1:08 pm

Are you trying to say one day there was no sugary food, then, BLAM there was sugary food?

Where is this information coming from? Why does it only apply to Canada?

MemberMember
(@duluxdog)

Posted : 10/21/2004 4:55 pm

Yawn. Still avoiding this thread Melbourne?

MemberMember
(@green_vegetable_man)

Posted : 10/21/2004 5:40 pm

Yawn.AA Still avoiding this thread Melbourne?

MemberMember
(@tmlgirl)

Posted : 10/21/2004 6:00 pm

I'm Canadian and when I visited my sister-in law in Florida last Spring I was shocked to see that you couldn't drive five seconds without seeing a fast food restaurant. I also went into Old Navy and normally in Canada all the small sizes are sold out right away, in the states I am in heaven the large sizes are sold out. Also one more note, I am normally a size four and in the states I can fit into a 0 or a 1. The American Diet consists of too much high fat/processed foods.

MemberMember
(@slap)

Posted : 10/22/2004 5:23 am

MemberMember
(@duluxdog)

Posted : 10/22/2004 5:26 am

I never avoid answering. The information came from an international bestseller book by Dr Ross Trattler and Dr Adrian jones

"Better health through natural healing"

Read the Charles McGee Section of this link

http://www.thincs.org/discuss.cavemen.htm

"Before 1955 the Eskimos remained free of diseases of physical degeneration. In 1955 the DEW line went into effect, involving the building of radar installations and airfields to detect Russina Nukes. The Eskimos gave up their hunting and gathering life style, moved to civilization, and became the labor force. Overnight they switched from an all fresh food raw diet to a diet of 100% processed foods. In a short time of 15 years women were getting gall bladder disease, children crooked teeth and acne, and men heart attacks and diabetes, all conditions formerly absent. The doctors wrote this up in a fairly major nutrition journal with the title, "When the Eskimo Comes to Town." Don't ask for the reference as it is buried away in old files in a locker and it is too cold here (North Idaho) to go looking for it"

MemberMember
(@benkweller)

Posted : 10/22/2004 4:08 pm

Any article claiming that a massive skyrocket in life threatening illness came about in 15 years is clearly shit-full.

MemberMember
(@wolfy)

Posted : 10/24/2004 9:59 pm

Any article claiming that a massive skyrocket in life threatening illness came about in 15 years is clearly shit-full.

MemberMember
(@dadmonson)

Posted : 10/26/2004 4:45 pm

HOW DO YALL KNOW PEOPLE from non westernized country's don't get acne, whens the last time yall seen a non westernized country and how many non westernized people have u seen in real life not on T.V. . Cause u hardly see American people on T.V. with acne but we all know they're littered everywhere.

MemberMember
(@hummmmmmmelectrichummmm)

Posted : 10/26/2004 4:49 pm

Nobody cares. You've got acne, deal with it.

MemberMember
(@vampiro)

Posted : 10/27/2004 11:01 am

Proves nothing. I mean, the Inuit subsided on a pure protein diet then ate Western food and got spots.

But, many other facets of their life changed. They worked indoors more. They got less exercise. They were probably more stressed.

They didn't watch TV much in the 1950s, could TV have caused acne?

All you have is a theory with no proof. It's ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@vampiro)

Posted : 10/27/2004 11:01 am

Proves nothing. I mean, the Inuit subsided on a pure protein diet then ate Western food and got spots.

But, many other facets of their life changed. They worked indoors more. They got less exercise. They were probably more stressed.

They didn't watch TV much in the 1950s, could TV have caused acne?

All you have is a theory with no proof. It's ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@cooool)

Posted : 06/16/2012 1:41 pm

I think you're all wrong!

Accutane is derived from Vitamin A which can work similarly to accutane to combat acne (although it's harder to control the dosage of Vitamin A). Throughout history, Eskimos and Inuit ate large amounts of polar bear, animals with livers containing extremely high amounts of Vitamin A. Around 1950s, Eskimos were beginning to experience a strange plague of skin diseases, since they had developed strong livers that could store large amounts large amounts of the vitamin, yet due to a modern diet, they began to consume much less than their ancestors, leading to larger oil glands and ultimately cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/19/2012 12:22 pm

Well, You are talking to people in 2004. But the, let's say 'quality', of the responses to the OP is amazing. You'd think people in a Research forum would want to learn. Although it is a lousy excuse for a research forum. Most people seem to want to know about research for a miracle pill. That's why I hardly come here. There's better research in the Nutrition and holistic board.

MemberMember
(@cooool)

Posted : 06/19/2012 2:02 pm

Well, You are talking to people in 2004. But the, let's say 'quality', of the responses to the OP is amazing. You'd think people in a Research forum would want to learn. Although it is a lousy excuse for a research forum. Most people seem to want to know about research for a miracle pill. That's why I hardly come here. There's better research in the Nutrition and holistic board.

I feel dumb...they are from 2004 lol. whoops