Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
There is a small group of misguided folk who believe the earth is 6 thousand years old.

This can be disproved with palentological, geographical, and even cosmological evidence.

Johnny either you are joking (i hope) or very misguided. If your belief of the history of earth is this distorted i'd hate to hear your theories on acne.

i was just browsing this forum, its funny when people say they dont believe in god,, do you think that everything just appeared out of nowere planets people animals.. just suddenly appeared if you think about it there has to be. plus scientific evidence can prove evolution and all that crap was not possible. the earths not 7 billion years old its about 6 thousand years old lol. ok

Not to be an assclown, but arguing with other people about the supposed age of the planet will get you... no where. It's like arguing that wonderful topic of abortion. One side isn't going to throw in the towel and go, "Damn, you're right! You win."

However it is interesting seeing what people have to say. smile.gif

i was just browsing this forum, its funny when people say they dont believe in god,, do you think that everything just appeared out of nowere planets people animals.. just suddenly appeared if you think about it there has to be. plus scientific evidence can prove evolution and all that crap was not possible. the earths not 7 billion years old its about 6 thousand years old lol. ok

Not to be an assclown, but arguing with other people about the supposed age of the planet will get you... no where. It's like arguing that wonderful topic of abortion. One side isn't going to throw in the towel and go, "Damn, you're right! You win."

However it is interesting seeing what people have to say. smile.gif

**An Atheist loves herself and her fellow human instead of a god.An Atheist accepts that "heaven" is something for which we should work now -- here on earth -- for all people together to enjoy. An Atheist accepts that she can get no help through prayer, but that she must find in herself the inner conviction and strength to meet life, to grapple with it, to subdue it and to enjoy it. An Atheist accepts that only in a knowledge of herself and a knowledge of her fellow human can she find the understanding that will help lead to a life of fulfillment.**

"If I believe in God, and there ends up not being a God, then I've lost nothing, but If I don't believe in God, and there is a God, then I've lost everything."

I agree with your post but that sentence is bull. So pretend you spend a life devoted and believing that your life has meaning just because someone is watching over you and then, one day, you learn that no one is. You've lost quite a bit there... 

plus scientific evidence can prove evolution and all that crap was not possible.

yea well at least it provides an explanation to our existance and not a fairy tale about a person who created everything.

just wondering... have u ever heard of the BIG BANG theory? if u havent then i suggest u go read about it.

plus scientific evidence can prove evolution and all that crap was not possible.

yea well at least it provides an explanation to our existance and not a fairy tale about a person who created everything.

the earths not 7 billion years old its about 6 thousand years old lol. ok

if im not mistaken, the earth is 4.5 Billion yrs old

This is exactly why I hate history (looks back at thread) eusa_snooty.gif

I agree that whatever religon you may be, or not be, we should respect each other and each others opinion, which is pretty much basic in any religon, non-religon.

I personally believe in something . I don't believe in worshipping a God, but I believe God is more of a state in which...ok, haha, I won't get into it, I can't even explain in words what I believe. Which is ok, because no one in the end really needs to know.

The only thing organized religion was ever used for was to control people Re: Kind James. It was all written by men to control other men.

The Holy Bible is the Word of God, people are just too stupid to admit that. I hate it when people use that stupid excuse that the bible is just used for weak minded people! evil.gif

Its like finding a pocket watch on the street and looking inside of it annd seeing all the moving parts and saying "wow i can't belive this thing just was created accidently by mother nature."

HAahah. That whole watch-found-somewhere-bullshit. Way to be creative there buddy! Y'know how many times I've heard that from some catholic asshole, using that exact same question to get me to believe in god! Yeah, a lot. I suggest getting some of your own opinions. People respect a mind that can think for it's self. wink.gif

HAahah. That whole watch-found-somewhere-bullshit. Way to be creative there buddy! Y'know how many times I've heard that from some catholic asshole, using that exact same question to get me to believe in god! Yeah, a lot. I suggest getting some of your own opinions. People respect a mind that can think for it's self.

just because there is stuff that you cant explain twirling around orbits doesnt mean the social definition of god is what made it. for all anyone knows, we could be an experiment under contol of other humans who discovered time travel, or else mental encapsulation and truncation.

they could have blocked our minds with some juice and have us as a literal experiment. maybe its my mental mindstate but i have trouble believing stuff i cant prove. as much as i believe a god made all this ..... humans have absolutely no idea whatsoever brought us here no matter what anyone says.

even if we invented a time machine ... how can we expect it to be accurate as to what we see with it. theres just no proof. i take neither side. i think the modern world must appreciate the deviation of others' thoughts. its all of our thoughts put together that move society ... not biased opinions based on what society has been construed to believe as fact.

heres something i QUESTION about most religions and why i am comfortable with myself at the moment: why would god *assuming there is one and only or many and more or whatever* place you in hell for eternity because your freedom to think *given to you BY the god* chose to do something other than *enter religion here* which was NOT inately planted into anyones brain. i think that a god would appreciate a person being a person no matter what, and if anyone died for someone that has freedom of thought ... then you cant leave that person unfactually open ended to belief and EXPECT them to serve you.

i am not writing a persuasive message, i just hate when people gain a spec of knowledge and think that if they strongly adhere to it *no matter how little they actually know about the subject* the world is so crazy now i could care less ho people do things .... im only interested in their involuntary motives for doing so because thats the only thing that tells you ones true self. if you interpret someone you will notice a REAL conversation versus a generic one. i cant stand generic people. i think a lot of religious people fall into a few categories. those brought into it by their family. those that actually help everyone they can. and those that live their life fakely comprised of 95% generic talk and never really understand whats going on

its hard to contain any thought because the crowd that responds is always going to be selected in some form or fashion. most of us on here arent drug dealers i would assume. therefore no opinions by drug dealers are brought forth. that would mean that society accepts whatever is most common, in this case non drug-dealers *and im leaving out others but im just presenting an example*. that could be so far off track from all the other thoughts its crazy. theres no way to explain anything becuse not even the mind has 100% accuracy.

the mind is everything. groups of similar minds, no matter how smart they are/where they are from/what they do , are going to follow some sort of pattern. i just cant believe that the mind has so much to offer and yet people dont use it enough to even see a 2nd side to things, much less the millions of tangents that contribute to whatever it is that they think about.

suppose you hold everythign that has ever been thought or said. no matter how much there is, there can be an equation thats exponentially long to show the pattern and could be saved as a variable *very elementree description* thers just so much more to everything than anyone can imagine that only a wild tangent could explain it to our brains. only tangents are inefficient to a brain that loses points and interests after a long time.

all in all .... anyone can know anyhting, everyne can know everything, theres just no real answer for anyhting. is life a never ending shroom trip or what, even stages of life can be classified as stages with generalized characteristics because the lack of definity can represent a group of common-ness which is never adventured upon again and therefore can make one thing exactly like another no matter how different they are. everything has a common ancestory, i just wonder how deep it goes? and why doesnt god step in and let me know whats up. if i cant handle it, id rather die fulfilling myself with never ending information rather than avoiding what i dont know or whats supposedly right or wrong based on a god that leaves you with freedom to live however you choose to, even if its destiny, its still chsen by your mind.

heres something i QUESTION about most religions and why i am comfortable with myself at the moment: why would god *assuming there is one and only or many and more or whatever* place you in  hell for eternity because your freedom to think *given to you BY the god* chose to do something other than *enter religion here* which was NOT inately planted into anyones brain.

i

whoa slow down. actually i dont know what it is, do you? i assume you assume that by reading that you think you know. i did not convey hell as anything good or bad.

this is not a fine line, many interpretations can come from my statement. eternal hell can very easily mean being perished. i never stated anything about the intensity of it either. as far as the origin of a word ... its just that ... an origin. i have no idea what relevance that has.

thanks for reading my post though and im not trying to start a flame war. i see your point as i have seen before.

Yes of course there are trillions of different "tangents" as you call them that one could use to explain away something. Yes its possible that we are all living in an aliens dream, yes its possible that our thoughts are just the result of some alien experiment. I can see though that you aren't a very scientific person or at least you don't understand science. First of all science is not truth, science is based on warranted probability which basically says that even though we don't know for certain that soemthing is true there is enough probabilty that it is true that we can accept it as true in our everyday lives. But according to you this doesn't exist and we should never actually believe anything just because theres a possibilty that it is wrong. This is a horribly outdated idea and again ignorant. Back in the days of Kant, your opinion was the held opinion and people ran around denying everything and people's beliefs didn't exist becasue everyone thought they couldn't know anything for sure. Kant brought certainty back through warranted probability and saved us. Even though there are other possiblities for the creation of the universe other then a creator, I'm still going to pick the most probable choice, which is an intelligent designer. This makes sense does it not?? I love how people call Christains weak minded when they themselves have no idea what they are talking about. I mean think about what you said its ridiculous.

this is my last reply. if anyone wants to reply to me, please dont jack the thread, just PM me. you do not know what i believe. and yes i unerstand that science should be smart enough to know that. i mean, if i have thought of it ..... so hve millions of others. im just bringing forth the point that anything is possible and everything eventually can melt into one thing as far as relation goes. you seem not to understand me. and i did not call christians weak minded. id appreciate if you guys would refrain from using my mouth as your word dump.

appreciate knowledge and quit getting ignorant when you disagree with what i say ... when in fact i explain that anything i say is my opinion. im already tired of defending myself. PM me if you want to make false claims, and btw, i love that you put my word "tangents" in quotes ..... as if i invented it. the word tangent originated in latin ..... i know some of you get tickled with word origins .... sorry i had to say that shock.gif

First of all science is not truth, science is based on warranted probability which basically says that even though we don't know for certain that soemthing is true there is enough probabilty that it is true that we can accept it as true in our everyday lives.