Notifications
Clear all

Rant Of The Day ... Sorry!

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/17/2013 2:06 pm

Guys, please don't think I am a spoiled brat but I really hate when people that are close to me think that I am exaggerating my acne situation. It is becoming really annoying! My mom, brother, and my boyfriend think I am making a big deal! I know it sounds crazy that I am getting mad at people who are supportive and encouraging but still, I just want to scream: "DO YOU THINK I AM CRAZY THAT I SEE CHIN AND NECK ACNE? IS THAT NOT ACNE?" The other day I told my boyfriend that I am going to get chemical peel done on my face. He answers: "WHy?? You don't need that!!! COME ON! YOU ARE FINE"... I just wanted to start a fight but barely stopped...

I just hate how acne ruins my mood... my mood truly depends on acne: good face...great mood... breakouts = depressed, angry, feisty, annoyed

I just needed this release! Thank you for reading!

Hugs.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/17/2013 2:12 pm

I know exactly what you mean. I think they do it to try make us feel better, but they don't understand!

I remember a few days ago I stayed over at a friends and when I woke up, I'd broken out. He wanted to go to Starbucks, I agreed and when we got there I just felt so self conscious. He kept telling me to relax and that it looks fine, but it so didn't...

I do think I annoy my friends with my acne though, I constantly talk about it!

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/17/2013 2:15 pm

Thanks LewisS for understanding where I am coming from because I don't want to sound ungrateful! I know this is the other side of the spectrum (the other side being bullying) but I feel annoyed all the same!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/18/2013 1:09 am

hey!

u know sometimes they are right.

sometimes we ,with acne, over scrutinise ourselves.

the same problem happens to me too.

i mean my mum,cousin sister and aunt are always like are u kidding,u are alright.

but i fret and fret and fret.

a small whitehead sometimes is enough to freak us out, while years ago when with clear skin we would nt have noticed it in the 1st place!!

i am not saying what we do is unnatural.

we are tormented and the fear remains.

its just better for us to take precaution or worry a lil' extra.

but they care for us and most importantly,see how lucky u r.

they dnt give a damn what ur skin is!

they know u beyond just ur skin.=)

isnt that great?

isnt that better than those who need to hear 'comments' from even close people?

also,sometimes,they do that to make u feel better or/and make u realise that fretting isnt really good for u.

so relax and know that they love u.

worry!;p

but limit it!

*hugs*

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/18/2013 9:08 am

Yes, I totally get you. I've been a psycho bitch to my parents about it.

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/18/2013 11:54 am

hey!

u know sometimes they are right.

sometimes we ,with acne, over scrutinise ourselves.

the same problem happens to me too.

i mean my mum,cousin sister and aunt are always like are u kidding,u are alright.

but i fret and fret and fret.

a small whitehead sometimes is enough to freak us out, while years ago when with clear skin we would nt have noticed it in the 1st place!!

i am not saying what we do is unnatural.

we are tormented and the fear remains.

its just better for us to take precaution or worry a lil' extra.

but they care for us and most importantly,see how lucky u r.

they dnt give a damn what ur skin is!

they know u beyond just ur skin.=)

isnt that great?

isnt that better than those who need to hear 'comments' from even close people?

also,sometimes,they do that to make u feel better or/and make u realise that fretting isnt really good for u.

so relax and know that they love u.

worry!;P

but limit it!

*hugs*

Thank you hun! I am so appreciative of this answer! I hate acne for making me so paranoid and criticizing my loved ones for being supportive. HUGS, my dear!!!

Yes, I totally get you. I've been a psycho bitch to my parents about it.

This is so sad that we act like this! And I am not even a bitch by nature!!!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/19/2013 12:25 am

Guys, please don't think I am a spoiled brat but I really hate when people that are close to me think that I am exaggerating my acne situation. It is becoming really annoying! My mom, brother, and my boyfriend think I am making a big deal! I know it sounds crazy that I am getting mad at people who are supportive and encouraging but still, I just want to scream: "DO YOU THINK I AM CRAZY THAT I SEE CHIN AND NECK ACNE? IS THAT NOT ACNE?" The other day I told my boyfriend that I am going to get chemical peel done on my face. He answers: "WHy?? You don't need that!!! COME ON! YOU ARE FINE"... I just wanted to start a fight but barely stopped...

I just hate how acne ruins my mood... my mood truly depends on acne: good face...great mood... breakouts = depressed, angry, feisty, annoyed

I just needed this release! Thank you for reading!

Hugs.

I understand 100 percent. Like when people act like there is nothing wrong or you are beautiful, etc. I get SO MAD. I am pretty clear now so I don't really have this issue anymore but trust me, the trauma from having acne for a long time is still there. I cringe and nearly cry when I think about those feelings. The best thing people can probably do is just not say anything either way. I would feel hurt when people pointed it out and even more hurt and angry when people made light of it. I would usually either think they were lying to be nice or I would just get frustrated because it may be true that a "few zits is no big deal" when it comes to looks but they never seemed to understand that my particular acne was excruciatingly painful and made hugging, kissing, eating, laughing or even smiling incredibly difficult.

MemberMember
(@tim714)

Posted : 06/24/2013 2:17 am

You should definitely tell your bf exactly how you feel about all of this and how you feel when he says certain things about it, that can only help him be more supportive. Also just keep reminding yourself that they are only trying to help you so you should never get upset with them because that doesn't help anyone. Focus on the positive, you have a supportive family and boyfriend who think you look fine, that's more than a lot of people on here can say. But yeah just be honest about how you feel and don't let your skin put any unnecessary strain on your relationships.

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 06/24/2013 9:53 pm

I know how it feels to have acne, to feel ugly, to despise yourself with a burning passion when you did nothing wrong, to want to cry when someone offers you advice because it means they noticed your acne... I know how it feels to be stared at, for people to comment about it behind your back, dumb people asking what's on your face.... I know, believe me.

But you know what's the best feeling in the world? Someone making a comment about all the crap you put on your face, then you turn to them, your skin glistening in the light, and you say, "Well CLEARLY I've done something right, it's not all for nothing," then you turn to face the mirror, a pair of confident eyes staring back, and you think to yourself, "Acne doesn't define me anymore. Even if I get a zit, it doesn't matter. It's not who I am."

By saying, "You don't need that stuff," your boyfriend is trying to tell you you're beautiful with acne or not. He cares about you, thus he doesn't want you to worry so much. I know how it feels for other people to not understand what you're going through, but that's why this site is here. Everyone on here is struggling with acne, and feels the EXACT same way.

My advice is, don't make it anyone else's problem. Don't complain to your family about it, because it's going to end badly. I know you want them to understand what you're going through, but they don't. You have to keep your head up, because IT WILL get better.

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/25/2013 1:54 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I am working on this bad feature of mine! It is not easy but I have to be more understanding of those that are supportive of me!