Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks/scars On My Cheeks Left After Acne (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:15 am

Whats up everybody ive been on the regimen for a good while dont have any active acne breakouts.. Maybe 1 or 2 a month.. Heres my problem.. I have these red marks/scars on my cheeks and there all left from when a pimple was there they have been their for over a year and a half now.. Back then i didnt know much about acne i was putting all kinds of crap on my face and everytime i would get a pimple i would pop it which now i know more information and ive been clear for a couple of months but im here really to find out what are my treatments for these type of scars/marks ive read forums on lactic acid peels/Tca peels/etc.. And i would like to know whats everybodys opinion here what type of marks are these? I took a couple of pictures in different lightning to show how it really looks and i know it might not be severe as others but please guys im just looking for options.. Im here for help. Im a guy and when i look at these it kind of ruins my confidence... I hate acne seriously.. But im being as patient as i can. Thanks for reading bless you!

post-211069-0-79096100-1371460334_thumb.

post-211069-0-58566000-1371460346_thumb.

post-211069-0-83649100-1371460362_thumb.

post-211069-0-18155500-1371460373_thumb.

post-211069-0-57231600-1371460384_thumb.

post-211069-0-79096100-1371460334_thumb.

post-211069-0-58566000-1371460346_thumb.

post-211069-0-83649100-1371460362_thumb.

post-211069-0-18155500-1371460373_thumb.

post-211069-0-57231600-1371460384_thumb.

MemberMember
(@skdody)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:23 am

Your marks look similar to mine. And I also had my marks for really long time (about 2 years).

I ordered lactic peel and whitening serum few days ago and I will be getting it tomorrow or the day after.

I will let you know how it goes after I try it out.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:33 am

Your marks look similar to mine. And I also had my marks for really long time (about 2 years).

I ordered lactic peel and whitening serum few days ago and I will be getting it tomorrow or the day after.

Ok cool! What percent is the la peel?

MemberMember
(@skdody)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:37 am

I ordered 40% lactic peel. A lot of people say 40% is good for first time chemical peel users.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:38 am

I ordered 40% lactic peel. A lot of people say 40% is good for first time chemical peel users.

How long have you been on the regimen? (If you are) Have you ever tried dans aha+ i wonder if it works for these kind of marks...

MemberMember
(@skdody)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:06 am

How long have you been on the regimen? (If you are) Have you ever tried dans aha+ i wonder if it works for these kind of marks...

Sorry I haven't tried the regimen. Im not sure if this is true but I heard that bp can make acne marks last longer so I didnt want to use dan's regimen.

What I have tried are baking soda, ACV, aloe mask and meladerm (you can search this on google).

Unfortunately all of them failed in getting rid of my marks

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:13 am

Sorry I haven't tried the regimen. Im not sure if this is true but I heard that bp can make acne marks last longer so I didnt want to use dan's regimen.

What I have tried are baking soda, ACV, aloe mask and meladerm (you can search this on google).

Yeah i heard that too.. But sadly it seems like its the only way to keep brakeouts from appearing.. I really dont breakout oftern i just have these marks you know like in the pic.. Even before i was on the regimen i never brokeout much it just was always these marks that made it look like my acne was worse then it really is.. My question to you is if i was to stop the regimen and just wash my face with dans cleanser and moisturize with his mosturizer and jojoba oil and try to manage brakeouts without bp.. And decide to just use a peel for the hyperpigmentation/scars/red marks on my cheeks do you think that would help? Because i dont want the red marks to last longer..... LOL :) Oh and also these marks were when i was like 15 and i didnt know much about acne i just popped pimples because i was emberassed and it was a big mistake i would irritate my skin so bad and throw all kinds of stuff on my face like proactive,10% bp, skin care kits that never worked.. you know im now 17 and i dont ever breakout its just these damn marks

MemberMember
(@skdody)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:15 am

Yeah i heard that too.. But sadly it seems like its the only way to keep brakeouts from appearing.. I really dont breakout oftern i just have these marks you know like in the pic.. Even before i was on the regimen i never brokeout much it just was always these marks that made it look like my acne was worse then it really is.. My question to you is if i was to stop the regimen and just wash my face with dans cleanser and moisturize with his mosturizer and jojoba oil and try to manage brakeouts without bp.. And decide to just use a peel for the hyperpigmentation/scars/red marks on my cheeks do you think that would help? Because i dont want the red marks to last longer..... LOL

Yeah I think it would probably be fine if you don't use the bp gel.

MemberMember
(@23jordan)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:18 am

Yeah i heard that too.. But sadly it seems like its the only way to keep brakeouts from appearing.. I really dont breakout oftern i just have these marks you know like in the pic.. Even before i was on the regimen i never brokeout much it just was always these marks that made it look like my acne was worse then it really is.. My question to you is if i was to stop the regimen and just wash my face with dans cleanser and moisturize with his mosturizer and jojoba oil and try to manage brakeouts without bp.. And decide to just use a peel for the hyperpigmentation/scars/red marks on my cheeks do you think that would help? Because i dont want the red marks to last longer..... LOL

Yeah I think it would probably be fine if you don't use the bp gel.

Alright but what to do about brakeouts that randomly appear.. i get one maybe once a week off the regimen sometimes once or twice a month lol AND THATS WHEN I WAS OFF THE REGIMEN. Oh and i had edited that comment maybe you should read it again to give you more info about me

MemberMember
(@gfxtt)

Posted : 09/14/2013 12:12 am

I also have the same marks, more numerous and it was left after my BP treatment...

I have them for about 1 year and half too and it kills me because they don't fade at all (macules or supposed to leave after 6 months in "theory"....)

I hope it's not permanent otherwise BP would have been the worst thing i ever done to my skin..