Roaccutane Diary

MemberMember
(@thriftshopper)

Posted : 06/16/2013 3:43 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a 16 year old and have recently been prescribed Roaccutane. I have decided to keep a diary of my progress for people who aren't sure whether or not Roaccutane is for them.

Personally I was looking forward to going on the drug. I was so sick of my skin as I have had ongoing spots since I was 12/13, but my skin got really bad since last year. Previously I had tried every product known to get rid of spots but none of them worked. I was using a skincare salicylic acid wash given to me by a beautician which controlled my spots, but in the end I decided I needed something stronger.

I was prescribed 30mg per day by my dermatologist. I was told I had moderate to severe acne. I am now on my 12th day of taking the drug and so far I haven't received any side effects, Thank God! I did find after 4 days my skin has become dry around the spots but no where else on my face. My lips are gone dry, but once you keep topped up with lip balm your fine. I am using a la roche posay moisturiser on my face, as it is specifically designed for skin prone to acne.

It is summer and the last few days were very hot. I have been out in the sun for the last few days but with factor 20 on body and factor 50 on face, as skin is supposed to be more prone to sunburn while on Roaccutane. Just be careful! I did get headaches in the last 2 days but I think it was from the sun, so just cover your head if your out in the heat. My throat was a lot drier than usual, so drink lots of water.

I will update you on my progress. I would go on Roaccutane if you need to but are scared to. The very bad side effects really don't effect everyone!

Good luck! rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@thriftshopper)

Posted : 06/19/2013 1:36 pm

2 weeks done! delighted!! Anyone have any advice on what to do with the dry skin on your face? Leave it or peal it off? Skin is dry all around body now.. especially lips!

MemberMember
(@thriftshopper)

Posted : 06/25/2013 4:33 pm

Day 21! Lips and around mouth so dry! need to keep fully moisturised.. at all times.

Still have a few new spots. Despite this my skin texture and look has improved.

Make-up can sometimes make your skin look drier. I have to wear make-up though as my skin has become quite red and raw looking without makeup.