Notifications
Clear all

Baby Products For Acne Prone Skin?

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/14/2013 10:53 am

I would never EVER put baby oil gel on my face, but I mean how can companies recommend these products for babies and people? They have to be pore clogging! BABY OIL? I would be afraid to put it on my baby and my own face!

Your thoughts?

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 06/14/2013 12:13 pm

I've tried washing my face with baby shampoo for a while, it is gentle but it doesn't help acne at all. Baby oil isn't THAT clogging, I know my mother uses it to remove eye makeup and her face is very clear.

There's this big thing on pinterest where if you wash your face with olive oil it will dissolve the oil in your pores and clear your skin while moisturising it. I'd try it but I'm too much of a pussy.

They're mostly recommended for babies because the products are gentle and don't have very harsh chemicals.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/14/2013 12:34 pm

I've tried washing my face with baby shampoo for a while, it is gentle but it doesn't help acne at all. Baby oil isn't THAT clogging, I know my mother uses it to remove eye makeup and her face is very clear.

There's this big thing on pinterest where if you wash your face with olive oil it will dissolve the oil in your pores and clear your skin while moisturising it. I'd try it but I'm too much of a pussy.

They're mostly recommended for babies because the products are gentle and don't have very harsh chemicals.

u're talking about oil cleansing i suppose.

yes,many see great results from the method.

but not all oil are good for it.

so be careful.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/14/2013 2:14 pm

I'm so chicken to try it!!! I was using olive oil for my hair once, and had these little bumps on the back of my neck, but it could have been from anything. I just use castor oil in my hair now...i'm afraid to use anything but products designed for the face!

Just got some African Black Soap from Ghana! Stoled about it! Gotta let my face calm down before exfoliation before I use it on my face though. Works great on my body so far and a little goes a long way! A little 2 inch block will last me a month or more!

MemberMember
(@berserkaf)

Posted : 06/17/2013 11:46 pm

I'm so chicken to try it!!! I was using olive oil for my hair once, and had these little bumps on the back of my neck, but it could have been from anything. I just use castor oil in my hair now...i'm afraid to use anything but products designed for the face!

Just got some African Black Soap from Ghana! Stoled about it! Gotta let my face calm down before exfoliation before I use it on my face though. Works great on my body so far and a little goes a long way! A little 2 inch block will last me a month or more!

I wouldn't use oil on your face if you got bumps from putting it in your hair, even if it could come from anything. :)

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 06/25/2013 10:06 am

I tried baby oil on my face years ago to no avail, and I would definitely not put it on my baby. Anything petroleum based should probably stay away from our bodies, right? Other conventional baby products are not that safe either. I've heard of people cleansing with baby shampoo, but it's toxicity level is pretty horrifying.

I tried baby oil on my face years ago to no avail, and I would definitely not put it on my baby. Anything petroleum based should probably stay away from our bodies, right? Other conventional baby products are not that safe either. I've heard of people cleansing with baby shampoo, but it's toxicity level is pretty horrifying.

On the other note, the Oil Cleansing method is pretty great, but you have to find the right oils that will work for you. It took me close to ten tries over several years to get it right, but now my skin is healthy.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 07/26/2013 7:15 pm

On the other note, the Oil Cleansing method is pretty great, but you have to find the right oils that will work for you. It took me close to ten tries over several years to get it right, but now my skin is healthy.

I'm going to try hemp seed oil since it has 0 poor clogging rating! I was using tamanu oil and think it was working at first but within a week my skin broke out. It could be other factors, but...I'm going to lay off of it.

Oh and I still don't get why babies wouldn't all be breaking out in acne if johnson's lotions and products have really poor clogging ingredients in them!

I was using this tool--> http://acnemantra.com/comedogenic-ingredients/

and the baby lotion and wash came up with poor clogging ingredients! Maybe not enough is in there? But hmmmmm. I am skeptical about ever putting baby lotion on my face let alone my little baby.