Notifications
Clear all

How Long Until Your Acne Cleared Up On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@keepcalmandgtfo)

Posted : 06/14/2013 9:47 am

I'm just curious how long it took everyone (who is taking accutane) to see results & how long until it became completely clear?

MemberMember
(@persephone7)

Posted : 06/14/2013 2:48 pm

It varies person to person. I would say most people notice a big difference around the beginning or middle of the second month. Feel free to visit my blog! I just started my second round of Accutane. BLAH!!!!!!

Keep your head up! It gets so much better :D I was completely acne free for six years!

MemberMember
(@emilyology)

Posted : 06/15/2013 9:57 am

It took a month to see results, 4 months until it completely cleared up for me. I was on Bactrim at the same time, though. Very severe cystic acne, so I was surprised it worked so fast.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/15/2013 12:51 pm

I saw improvement at the end of month 2 and I didn't clear until month 5 and I had moderate presistant acne. No cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 06/15/2013 7:39 pm

I saw somewhat of some results at the beginning of month two, but now its back to crap again around the middle of month two.

MemberMember
(@dilettante)

Posted : 06/15/2013 9:18 pm

I have mild/moderate acne/cystic acne, and I just started 30mg isotretinoin (claravis) about a month and a half ago. I broke out pretty badly about 2weeks into the first month, after that it cleared up significantly, though I would still get acne here and there, but overall it was a considerable improvement. I also feel like the acne I do get clears faster since being on accutane. 2nd month, my dosage was up to 40mg, I broke out again pretty badly about a week after the switch. Not sure if it was because of the up in dosage, stress from work, poor diet (i ate a lot of sweets a few days prior to breaking out, and that has always been somewhat of a trigger for my acne), or a combination of all of those. So, so far, not completely clear yet, but not as bad as when I wasn't on accutane. Hopefully I'll be mostly clear by the 3rd month.

MemberMember
(@antiquity41)

Posted : 07/01/2013 10:10 am

I have mild/moderate acne/cystic acne, and I just started 30mg isotretinoin (claravis) about a month and a half ago. I broke out pretty badly about 2weeks into the first month, after that it cleared up significantly, though I would still get acne here and there, but overall it was a considerable improvement. I also feel like the acne I do get clears faster since being on accutane. 2nd month, my dosage was up to 40mg, I broke out again pretty badly about a week after the switch. Not sure if it was because of the up in dosage, stress from work, poor diet (i ate a lot of sweets a few days prior to breaking out, and that has always been somewhat of a trigger for my acne), or a combination of all of those. So, so far, not completely clear yet, but not as bad as when I wasn't on accutane. Hopefully I'll be mostly clear by the 3rd month.

Diet would not affect your acne and does not cause acne cysts. The fact that your dose doubled a week before your breakout definitely seems like the culprit. The trick is to hang on in there, I guess - it will be worth it in the end!

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/01/2013 7:17 pm

End of month 3/ Beginning of Month 4 (probably like 2-3 days into my 4th month of Accutane). I was on 30mg a day.

MemberMember
(@nomo)

Posted : 07/06/2013 9:17 pm

I had gradual improvement along the way but am starting to clear up on day 6 of month 5. Today was the first I thought, 'holy shit it is working'. My doc is going to keep me on it for 6 months since I was slow to respond. I had microcystic acne though and almost every pore on my face was clogged.

MemberMember
(@meowza)

Posted : 07/07/2013 1:22 pm

I'm at 2.5 months and I can see results on my back but not really my face. Hoping soon though.

MemberMember
(@biggs881)

Posted : 07/12/2013 10:09 pm

I stopped getting new pimples about 4 months into accutane. I took enough Accutane to reach the ideal cumulative dose (120mg/kg-150mg/kg). I have been 99% clear for 2 years now.

MemberMember
(@mueller95)

Posted : 01/06/2014 10:54 am

Took me about 6 months!

MemberMember
(@jayemill)

Posted : 05/28/2014 12:51 am

I started off with 10mg for 2 weeks, now I'm on 20mg and have been on this for two weeks. It's just gotten worse. And it seems as though my old pimples are healing super slow as well so I have read marks all over my face. Hopefully I get results close to month 2. Fuck I hate acne

MemberMember
(@mattlb)

Posted : 05/28/2014 7:59 am

For me

One / Two weeks - just dry skin.. no different

End of First Month - IB, (which really effected me bad)

End of Second Month - effects of IB start to finally go away.

Beginning of third month - slight

That's how it's been with me so far, I hope 4th month it will really clear! I suffered badly from the IB, so bad that I had days in bed because my back was too painful and had loads of cists!

Hope it's not the same for you! Any questions i'm here

Matt