Notifications
Clear all

How Often A Day Do You Cry Because You Do Not Have Model Aesthetics?

MemberMember
(@havingacneruinedteenyears)

Posted : 06/12/2013 6:17 pm

How often?

Does anyone else go on google and look at pictures of male models, and compare your structure and features to them, and realize that you would be a good looking person if you had clear skin?

Does anyone else cry themselves to sleep and know that their skin is holding them back from living a normal happy life?

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/12/2013 6:35 pm

So let's say you finally got clear skin...and somehow you still dont get laid...what then? What are you gonna do?

Helton liked
MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 06/12/2013 7:05 pm

I look at it this way, man...do girls want hot, attractive-looking guys? Absolutely, you're 100% right about that. But on that exact same tokens, us guys want hot, attractive-looking girls, right? It's just the way attraction works, it's not something we can change because even if you do clear your skin you might notice some other flaw you think you have that will consume you.

Do I wish I looked like a male model? HELL YES. I would love to have the type of handsome features that can inspire girls to approach me more, but it's just something I can't change. We gotta work with the hand we're dealt in life. It's really hard, but letting something like this consume you will just continue to make you feel bad about yourself and you'll just want to isolate yourself more.

The best advice I can give you is we have to do the best we can with what we've got in terms of looks, because hunting for perfection is just something that's never gonna lead to anything but dissapointment.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/12/2013 7:15 pm

Society places too much emphasis on looks. There's way more to life than how attractive a person is, with or without acne.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 06/12/2013 7:40 pm

Nobody has "male model" looks except like 0000.2 percent of the male population or something so I wouldn't really care much about that if I were you. xD EVEN MALE MODELS DON'T LOOK LIKE THAT. I'm serious. There are plenty of models out there, male and female, that have acne. Models of any gender go through considerable amounts of airbrushing, makeup sessions, photoshopping, and light adjustments to get the "perfection" you see in photographs.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/13/2013 12:35 am

Not a lot. I used to cry when my acne was bad, but it was more because it was so painful. Now that I have clear skin I am still FAR from model perfect, but I think I'm the cat's meow. When I feel better about myself, my personality shines through and that's what I think is beautiful about me--even if I have cellulite.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/13/2013 1:29 am

Some people have clear skin and still don't look like models. At least acne is potentially curable...having inherently ugly bone structure isn't.

MemberMember
(@ries)

Posted : 06/13/2013 1:52 am

My skin and facial features are far from being looking like a model but I try to be as awesome as I could and apparently it seems to work.

I remember when I was able to grab the attention of one of the most popular girl in my school and she danced alongside with me during our senior cruise, despite having bad skin. I'm not good at giving advices but I guess what I'm trying to say is to please try not letting acne ruin your image about girls not approaching you.

I might as well show a picture.

yup that's me and the popular girl I talked about.

post-205822-0-46244200-1371105675_thumb.

post-205822-0-46244200-1371105675_thumb.

MemberMember
(@michaelbamford)

Posted : 06/13/2013 5:38 am

You do realise, and I'm sure people have told you this before, they are plastered in make-up. And there just puppets, I can't say this is a fact but I'm pretty sure they can't just eat what they want to eat, there told what to eat, what to wear etc... No wonder these people end up having mental breakdowns, i.e. Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Amanda Bynes etc... I read this book, and it said when your giving a compliment, it releases dopamine, people can actually get addicted to there own supply of dopamine, so take Britney Spears for example, biggest teen star in the 90's, constantly told that your beautiful, one of a kind, amazing, incredible, amazing features, to suddenly 10+ years later, your getting none of this, no compliments, just criticism. No realise of dopamine. It's like a light switch, you end up having a mental breakdown, you want to go back to the old days, you hate the way you look and feel because of what its done to you.

I no i've rambled on a bit, but Hollywood is nothing but an illusion. Those people you see on TV are covered in make-up and live a lifestyle of being told what to do, where to go etc... They might not show it, but a lot of them have came out and spoke about it saying how its not what people think it is. Jim Carrey was massively depressed throughout his career, he recently came out and started talking about it, Nicholas Cage had a massive breakdown, same with Charlie Sheen, and a tonne of female celebs.

Just do you. Live your life. Realise that you do not look like and will never look like your favourite celeb. And start to find yourself, and who you really are.

MemberMember
(@mrnegative)

Posted : 06/13/2013 9:34 am

Dude, you got your other username banned so you came back with another and got banned again? Talk about embarrassment. At least be less obvious with your profile photo. Also, your topics are really getting old. I don't understand why users are taking the time to respond to this guy. Just look at his "quotes" underneath his posts. Delusional doesn't begin to describe it. We get it, man - everyone is struggling with their skin on this site. I get down a lot as well, because with clear skin, I'd have a real chance at modeling (I've actually had offers when my skin was alright at best). That doesn't mean I am going to commence spamming this section with topics about how I'm so insanely good looking underneath my skin. Jesus.

MemberMember
(@frankl)

Posted : 06/13/2013 8:44 pm

lol this guy again? wtf

but yea I wish I was good looking. even without acne or scars I'm nothing special so being male model like with acne or scaring would be a giant step up for me. like a big huge whole other universe step.

and yeah I've cried especially after having panic attacks.

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/13/2013 8:55 pm

this guy is truly something: dissing my dates and me on another forum and after being banned, coming back again.

DUDE, enough of looking at male models and being so possessed about looks! It is not healthy for you! You are a good looking lad but your personality ruins everything so no wonder no girl is giving you a chance!

Life is so short...be nice to people and people will be nice to you back!

MemberMember
(@tom-worth)

Posted : 06/16/2013 2:39 pm

This guy really needs to accept that he probably isn't going to become a male model.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 06/16/2013 4:06 pm

I don't cry about that at all. I admit it's unfortunate, but what can I do? Crying about it isn't going to achieve jack.

If that is you in your profile picture, you could certainly pass as a model.

MemberMember
(@quietjamie14)

Posted : 06/17/2013 4:41 am

Being attractive certainly makes life a lot easier. Yes, it is frustrating to meet students who pay their way through university by modelling and it's upsetting to meet handsome men who can get dates with no effort and don't know what it's like to be ignored and rejected by women. It must be lovely to walk down the street and have members of the opposite sex treat you nicely for no apparent reason. Only the other day, I was on the train and a handsome man walked on - every single young women looked straight past me to check him out. Of course that hurts a little bit.

But I'm stuck with this ruined, acne-scarred face and I don't feel like giving up on life yet. I'll use my ugliness as motivation to succeed in life. I'd rather be remembered for having a great mind and being a kind person who made a difference, anyway.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/17/2013 12:09 pm

You do realise, and I'm sure people have told you this before, they are plastered in make-up. And there just puppets, I can't say this is a fact but I'm pretty sure they can't just eat what they want to eat, there told what to eat, what to wear etc... No wonder these people end up having mental breakdowns, i.e. Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Amanda Bynes etc... I read this book, and it said when your giving a compliment, it releases dopamine, people can actually get addicted to there own supply of dopamine, so take Britney Spears for example, biggest teen star in the 90's, constantly told that your beautiful, one of a kind, amazing, incredible, amazing features, to suddenly 10+ years later, your getting none of this, no compliments, just criticism. No realise of dopamine. It's like a light switch, you end up having a mental breakdown, you want to go back to the old days, you hate the way you look and feel because of what its done to you.

I no i've rambled on a bit, but Hollywood is nothing but an illusion. Those people you see on TV are covered in make-up and live a lifestyle of being told what to do, where to go etc... They might not show it, but a lot of them have came out and spoke about it saying how its not what people think it is. Jim Carrey was massively depressed throughout his career, he recently came out and started talking about it, Nicholas Cage had a massive breakdown, same with Charlie Sheen, and a tonne of female celebs.

Just do you. Live your life. Realise that you do not look like and will never look like your favourite celeb. And start to find yourself, and who you really are.

Yeah, and not only that but half those people you mentioned are not "male model" types anyway. Especially the guys (since that is most relevant to the OP). Jim and Nicholas are both attractive and cute (in my opinion) and neither of them are "male model" perfect at all. In fact, I'd say they both are leaning more towards looking like the average guy. And they are both super sexy. Why? They have character, personality and they are both funny.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/17/2013 5:00 pm

Cry over "Male model aesthetics" ? Are you kidding me? How about having "Average Joe aesthetics first" ? LOL

And dude those last two lines reflect the sickness of your psyche.The sickness manifests itself in the form of paranoia over physical attributes.How about a visit to a psychiatrist instead of ranting about your "imperfect looks" here?

By the way your trapezium is hardly impressive.Seems you've not been doing a lot of shrugs lately.Try adding 150 lbs to the barbell.Hold em with your hands and do shrugs. 8-12 reps * 3

Doing that could actually bring you close to your "Male model Aesthetics" LOL ;)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 06/19/2013 12:27 am

Yeah I know what you mean. When my acne was bad I would have been happy just to look like a relatively normal human being, let alone a perfect model.

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/26/2013 9:34 pm

How often?

Does anyone else go on google and look at pictures of male models, and compare your structure and features to them, and realize that you would be a good looking person if you had clear skin?

Does anyone else cry themselves to sleep and know that their skin is holding them back from living a normal happy life?

I actually do the opposite. I google celebrities with acne scars and it makes me feel better knowing they aren't perfect. The other day I found a picture of Angelina Jolie and she has the same exact scars that have. I reminds me that famous people get zits too and they scar. Their scars didn't hold them back so don't let yours.

I do focus on my scars sometimes but I remind myself of all the other great things I have to offer and I always end up feeling a billion times better.

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 06/26/2013 9:54 pm

Is it your skin that's holding you back, or is it yourself?

You have the reins in your life.

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/03/2013 8:32 pm

A good friend that I grew up with is now a very successful male model. His face was on the Banana Republic ads, you know the HUGE posters hanging in the Windows of the store, and behind the cash register? That's him. I have known him since we were 13 years old; we are 35 now. He was not always that handsome. As a matter of fact, in high school we would tease him all the time about his big nose. He had zits, I actually remember one of his best guy friends teasing him because his skin was really broken out. He was popular, not because of his looks, because he was not good looking as a teenage. He was well liked by guys and girls alike because he has a great personality and was freakin hysterically funny. He was an all around cool guy. It wasn't until he was in his 20's that he 'grew into' his big nose (it's still big, but with his facial features and jaw structure, now it is distinguished) and his acne went away. He began modeling in his late 20's, although I haven't talked to him in about 2 years, I'm sure he hasn't let success go to his head, as his personality was strong to begin with. He hadn't been able to rely on his looks while growing up, so was able to develop character and work on his intellect. The good looks that came later sure are nice, but do not define him.

MemberMember
(@3lilpigs)

Posted : 07/03/2013 8:51 pm

A good friend that I grew up with is now a very successful male model. His face was on the Banana Republic ads, you know the HUGE posters hanging in the Windows of the store, and behind the cash register? That's him. I have known him since we were 13 years old; we are 35 now. He was not always that handsome. As a matter of fact, in high school we would tease him all the time about his big nose. He had zits, I actually remember one of his best guy friends teasing him because his skin was really broken out. He was popular, not because of his looks, because he was not good looking as a teenage. He was well liked by guys and girls alike because he has a great personality and was freakin hysterically funny. He was an all around cool guy. It wasn't until he was in his 20's that he 'grew into' his big nose (it's still big, but with his facial features and jaw structure, now it is distinguished) and his acne went away. He began modeling in his late 20's and although I haven't talked to him in about 2 years, I'm sure he hasn't let success go to his head, as his personality was strong to begin with. He didn't have the advantage that some do, of being able to rely on his looks while growing up, so he was able to develop character and work on his intellect. The good looks that came later sure are nice, but do not define him as a person. If someone says his name, I don't think of the hunk in the advertisements, I think of the funny guy I grew up with.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/04/2013 4:50 pm

Acne is unfortunately one of my many health problems so even if it were no longer present in my life (which would be phenomenal), I still would not be much closer to approximately model asethetics and living a more normal life as you say.

That scene in Breaking Bad where Jessie is away at rehab for drug use comes to mind. Remember when they're all sitting by the camp fire and the counselor says, "fear and anger accomplish nothing. it's all about accepting yourself." As much as I loathe the idea of remaining static and failing to change, to transform, I think that part of doing so, however difficult, is about learning to accpet yourself, to not compare yourself with others but to recognize your individual worth and to work on maximizing that instead.

MemberMember
(@theskinguru)

Posted : 08/14/2013 12:04 am

ok so i have been in the world of modeling scince i was 4 there is no male model look they justt want men who look great and they are always looking for a new face if you want perfect skin welll some of the model ive worked with dont even have perfect skin plus the world of modeling is an empty place and of no real value

MemberMember
(@dupa)

Posted : 08/15/2013 5:11 pm

Literally 0 times a day.