Notifications
Clear all

Advice For High School?

MemberMember
(@iyonnaluv)

Posted : 06/11/2013 11:09 pm

I'm starting high school soon and I have pretty noticeable acne. It's not as bad as it used to be, but I still tend to breakout and I have acne scars. I caught all sorts of hell from 4th - 6th grade (by 7th grade, everyone had acne so people stopped caring lol) for my acne. I'm scared for high school, any helpful advice/tips/suggestions?

MemberMember
(@joonbug9109)

Posted : 06/11/2013 11:50 pm

It may be the high school that I went to, but I would say that most likely people won't care. You have to keep in mind that your peers who were picking on you in 4th-6th grade were most likely also in 4th-6th grade and they probably weren't very mature. Going into high school though will be a little bit different. Yeah there is some immaturity still, but I think for the most part people will have grown up enough to know that picking on someone for something like whether or not they have acne is kind of stupid.

I don't know if you have already started trying out make up yet. I'm pretty sure I had by the time I was your age. If you really are concerned about it you could try out a foundation and maybe come concealer to cover up the acne and the scars. They make a lot of really good formulas that look pretty natural, so it's mostly about finding the kind that works best for you.

I'm a 21-year-old recent college grad and I've dealt with acne and oily skin (and more recently scarring) all my life, and I dealt with people picking on me when I was younger too. I can tell you it eventually just becomes one of those things that people don't really mention once you get older. But it still takes a toll on your confidence. I still have times when I worry about things like my appearance and how people perceive me. I think it's important to remember that your imperfections don't make you any less capable of being a successful person. I hope this helped and best of luck with high school!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/12/2013 12:18 am

Well for one people in high school will have acne too! It won't be just you I promise you that. Things in high school are different less bullying and being picked on happens there. It's like people grew up a bit. I noticed there was a lot of bullying and people being made fun of in middle school the most.

Just start school with a positive outlook on things I promise you this will help. If you can show some confidence people will believe it too. Just be comfortable with who you are. Don't hang your head low because you have acne, look the world right in the face and show them you are comfortable with who you are and things will be great!

Other than that enjoy high school. It's fun, if you have the right friends and get involved! Good luck!

MemberMember
(@mayatsukioka)

Posted : 06/17/2013 11:07 pm

I've been in high school for 2 years now, and no one has made fun of my acne. It could be because i cover it with makeup, but even with that you can tell my skin isn't perfect. It is hard though, seeing all the pretty girls with their clear flawless skin and wondering what you're doing wrong. Try not to stress out too much about your skin because it will only make it worse. Focus on your studies instead! I wish i had done that

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/19/2013 2:30 pm

Make friends who love you for who you are.Ignore the idiots who judge you for something as superficial as acne.It is these friends who would make you feel better and loved.Friendship is a prized possession.

It's been 5 years for me since i was in HS.It won't be easy ,but at the end of it you'll be tougher from inside and that would hopefully go a long way in making you more successful in life.

(Unfortunately highschool was a drudgery for me ,not because of acne but other reasons.)

But you don't worry girl! You'll shine :)