Notifications
Clear all

Which Acne Pill Works Best For You?

MemberMember
(@rydaddy99)

Posted : 06/11/2013 2:05 pm

Hi everyone!

So I have mild to moderate acne but it is still very aggravating dealing with this.

I get face bumps, shaving bumps, everything but it is mild but dealing with it everyday is just a pain.

I used alot of over the counter medication but none worked.

I was prescribed I believe tetracycline about an year ago and that worked great! I took one pill daily or every other day and I was 100% acne free and I would get no shaving bumps or anything. This I believe continued for about 8 months until my pills ran out, then it was back to normal.

My health insurance is currently over so I can't get any prescribed medicine.

I now take 1000mg panthogenic acid pills, one daily, which is why I have mild and not severe or moderate acne.

Although it does help, it is just not good enough.

Anyone has any suggestions for over the counter pills that may work? it would help alot, I have spent alot of money and effort into finding methods and none work.

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/18/2013 7:56 pm

I think you mean pantothenic acid?

I'd suggest getting a good multivitamin (I use Source Naturals Life Force Multiple, which is highly bioavailable; most OTC brands like Centrum are worthless because the forms of the vitamins they use are cheap and not bioavailable.) for starters, and then consider adding extra vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, alpha lipoic acid, krill oil (omega 3's), evening primrose oil (omega 6's), astaxanthin, chromium, selenium, MSM, and/or niacin/niacinamide.

For supplementing natural herbs and spices, I'd suggest neem leaf, sea buckthorn fruit powder, burdock root, bee pollen, propolis, milk thistle, licorice root, cayenne, green tea extract, rosemary, ginger, gotu kola, alfalfa, chlorella, spirulina, and/or turmeric.

All of the above things have natural antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and detoxification/cleansing properties that help heal and prevent acne and improve your skin's health and your overall health.

I like to get my supplements almost exclusively from Amazon from the following trustworthy companies: NOW Foods, Source Naturals, Nutrigold, Jarrow Formulas, and Nature's Way, in that order of preference.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 06/19/2013 11:18 pm

Please see the big link in my signature. That post lists over-the-counter options.

MemberMember
(@yellowdove)

Posted : 07/18/2013 9:21 pm

Skinclare works well. The samples are pretty inexpensive too.