Notifications
Clear all

Does It Matter What Brand Your Vitamins Are?

MemberMember
(@intothelight)

Posted : 06/11/2013 1:00 pm

I can't take my acne anymore and am desperate for advice. It is scarring my physically and emotionally. It's getting significantly worse as time goes on. And I'm getting tons of red marks and hyperpigmentation after a pimple heals. I'm just so over this.

Anyway, my question is on vitamin brands. Currently I take vitamins for my acne and they don't really seem to be helping. I am wondering if the brands are the problem? The brands I take are Spring Valley and Nature Made. I also take Womens' One-A-Day multi-vitamin. I also take calcium, fish oil, b5, vitamin c, and am planning on buying vitamin A and vitamin D today. Which brands should I be taking?

p.s. By the way, I am also on an antibiotic, probiotic, and topical, but that isn't the point of this post.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/11/2013 4:24 pm

The quality does matter. Most contain synthetics that may be useless to the bdy. And many contain additives and fillers that break some people out.

Also, one a day multi vitamins are useless. Water soluble nutrients need to be obtained throughout the day. And the body has limits on how much of other nutrients it will take in at one time. Especially minerals. An example of a good multi is natures way alive.

And as for your acne, how's your diet? What do you drink? How/when do you sleep? What about stress?

MemberMember
(@intothelight)

Posted : 06/12/2013 9:24 am

The quality does matter. Most contain synthetics that may be useless to the bdy. And many contain additives and fillers that break some people out.

Also, one a day multi vitamins are useless. Water soluble nutrients need to be obtained throughout the day. And the body has limits on how much of other nutrients it will take in at one time. Especially minerals. An example of a good multi is natures way alive.

And as for your acne, how's your diet? What do you drink? How/when do you sleep? What about stress?

I eat a pretty healthy diet-- 10 glasses of water a day, lots of fruits/veggies, eggs, fish, turkey, and occasionally brown rice with olive oil. Also nuts once in a while. No sugar, wheat, caffeine, or starch.

I get 8 hours of sleep per night. And I do try and keep my stress levels down the best I can, as I know that stress greatly contributes to acne. Generally I manage to stay pretty relaxed, however I must admit that this morning I saw myself in the mirror and completely lost it. I know, really bad, right? But I look like I've been run over by a truck and I just broke down. Currently my acne is the most severe I've ever had in my life. It's spread to places I've never broken out in before. It's so frustrating.

What brand of vitamins do you recommend? Thanks for your help.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/12/2013 10:31 am

I eat a pretty healthy diet-- 10 glasses of water a day, lots of fruits/veggies, eggs, fish, turkey, and occasionally brown rice with olive oil. Also nuts once in a while. No sugar, wheat, caffeine, or starch.

I get 8 hours of sleep per night. And I do try and keep my stress levels down the best I can, as I know that stress greatly contributes to acne. Generally I manage to stay pretty relaxed, however I must admit that this morning I saw myself in the mirror and completely lost it. I know, really bad, right? But I look like I've been run over by a truck and I just broke down. Currently my acne is the most severe I've ever had in my life. It's spread to places I've never broken out in before. It's so frustrating.

What kind of acne? Consider food intolerances. Have you added or increased anything that coincides with this worsening?

MemberMember
(@intothelight)

Posted : 06/12/2013 10:40 am

I'm not exactly sure what kind of acne. I do have a few cysts,but most of my pimples are filled with pus, very inflamed, and usually always leave red marks behind after they heal. I do not have any icepick, boxcar, or rolling scars though thank goodness. I also have hundreds of blackheads pretty much all over my face.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 06/12/2013 2:08 pm

Cysts have pus. Nodules don't. People use those terms interchangeably. If they are really big and red and slow to heal and you feel them coming under your skin, I say they are cysts. And I really think cysts tend to be an allergic reaction.

Try oil cleansing for the blackheads. And or a BHA. Use a quality, ( properly bottled and stored, and fresh) high linoleic acid oil like Safflower. Do you have whole Foods? I buy Napa Valley Organics. It's for consumption, don't buy the stuff for cosmetic purposes.

MemberMember
(@nikkimixam)

Posted : 09/07/2013 10:41 pm

Cysts have pus. Nodules don't. People use those terms interchangeably. If they are really big and red and slow to heal and you feel them coming under your skin, I say they are cysts. And I really think cysts tend to be an allergic reaction.

Try oil cleansing for the blackheads. And or a BHA. Use a quality, ( properly bottled and stored, and fresh) high linoleic acid oil like Safflower. Do you have whole Foods? I buy Napa Valley Organics. It's for consumption, don't buy the stuff for cosmetic purposes.

I want to try Safflower oil. So, don't apply it topically? Only consume it?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/08/2013 5:09 pm

I want to try Safflower oil. So, don't apply it topically? Only consume it?

No, you use it topically. I'm saying don't buy oils meant only for cosmetic purposes.