Notifications
Clear all

Dans Aha+ With Spiro

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/08/2013 9:43 pm

Hi guys, I've been reading such great things about dans aha that I decided to order it! Here is the thing

I am not using any other of dans products. Like the BP or anything. I am curious if any one else uses AHA with success without using the rest of the acne.org products.

I did accutane last year and started to break out a few months after my course. So I decided to try Spironolactone instead of doing another accutane course. I wanted to avoid that. Spiro is keep me about 90 percent clear so I have a couple whiteheads here and there and maybe a inflamed pimple once a month. So I can't really complain. What I am looking for from the AHA is to get rid of the red marks and well the aftermath of acne. Help smooth out my complexion and whatnot.

Am I still going to reep all the benefits of the AHA since I am not using all the other acne.org products.?

Any tips or good things to know about aha I've never used it before. So please give me some advices!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/09/2013 10:22 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@dee3)

Posted : 06/29/2013 12:01 pm

Hey i see you are on spiro, I have pretty much just started it. Can I ask how long it took you to see improvements and how less oily is your skin x

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/29/2013 1:22 pm

Hey i see you are on spiro, I have pretty much just started it. Can I ask how long it took you to see improvements and how less oily is your skin x

I see you are only taking 25 mg that is quite a small dosage. Most women see acne subsiding at 100mg or higher. I saw improvement quickly at 100mg my acne cleared up quickly. I think my case is a excepition though. I have been on accutane prior to starting spiro. I had finished my course and 3 months later I started to get light acne back so I went on spiro before my acne was out of control. So I was light forhead acne and once I started spiro I cleared within weeks. But I started at a much higher dosage too. If I were you I'd ask for a higher dosage the next time you see your doctor.

And as far as how much oil did it clear up for me.. It did a lot. I don't need to blot or powder or anything.

MemberMember
(@dee3)

Posted : 06/29/2013 4:14 pm

hey thanks for replying. I too have recently finished accutane and about 3 months later I had acne returning. fortunately it is light but I know if i leave it it will continue to get worse so I decided to start spiro. I don't have any cysts just blocked pores, blackhead on my nose and a couple of pimple on my cheeks here and there. on 25mg I have noticed a tiny bit of oil reduction but no change yet of course. Its good to know it worked for you, I hope I will see results soon as my acne is not severe. x

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/29/2013 4:16 pm

Oh cool sounds like you are in the same position as me! Good luck

MemberMember
(@jennyband)

Posted : 07/06/2013 12:50 am

hey i'm on spiro now (one month in) made it up to 100mg a day, and i'm looking at trying some of dans AHA as i happen to have some here... randomly left over from accutane days.

skin is doing ok i'm still breaking out a bit only in two spots either side of my jaw, hopefully by week 10-12 it will be gone mostly, people tend to report that it clears after three months.

i'm also on Yaz and have been for 3 months.

i'll report back when i have more to share.

good luck

JB

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/06/2013 1:40 pm

hey i'm on spiro now (one month in) made it up to 100mg a day, and i'm looking at trying some of dans AHA as i happen to have some here... randomly left over from accutane days.

skin is doing ok i'm still breaking out a bit only in two spots either side of my jaw, hopefully by week 10-12 it will be gone mostly, people tend to report that it clears after three months.

JB

Hey Jenny,

I have been on spiro for 6 or 7 months now and it's working great so I hope you have success with it. I am on 100mg too and that seems to be the perfect dose for me. I have been using dans aha for almost a month now with daily use. I do like 75% aha to 25% CeraVe cream and it's faded my marks by 70% no shit. I was using retin a and Hydroquinone together for months with little results, nothing I noticed anyways. Aha has been great for me. I got a couple white heads right when I started using it and got worried but I think it was just my skin getting used to a new product. Plus my skin is a smooth as a babies. Great stuff.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/06/2013 4:13 pm

Moonlight, good for you! I started AHA on Thursday and it definitely minimized the flakes i get from using The Regimen. For this first week, i will use it as follows: use 1 day, skip 2 days, use 1 day, skip 2 days, etc. I guess time will tell if it will break me out more.

In regards to Spiro, i am going to make a derm appointment for the end of August to see if i can get on Spiro. The Regimen, while it has cleared for the most part my forehead and cheeks, has not consistently helped my chin and below my chin/jaw. By that time, i should have been on it for 4 months.

Your journey has been inspiring.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/06/2013 4:54 pm

Moonlight, good for you! I started AHA on Thursday and it definitely minimized the flakes i get from using The Regimen. For this first week, i will use it as follows: use 1 day, skip 2 days, use 1 day, skip 2 days, etc. I guess time will tell if it will break me out more.

In regards to Spiro, i am going to make a derm appointment for the end of August to see if i can get on Spiro. The Regimen, while it has cleared for the most part my forehead and cheeks, has not consistently helped my chin and below my chin/jaw. By that time, i should have been on it for 4 months.

Your journey has been inspiring.

Well I am sorry to hear the regimen hasn't been all you hoped. Yet. I am hoping that it clears up magically. Sounds smart to plan for it not to work though. I also like to be prepared. I'm bummed to see that it hasn't cleared you totally. It seem like it works for many people. I never have success with topicals, ever. Plus I work nights so when I get home I need bed, not 30 or 40 mins of a regimen. Call me lazy whatever, lol. Well keep me updated on what's happening with ya. I'd love to see something work for you it seems like too much has failed you.. I'm glad I should inspire you a bit though, spiro has been great when I thought it would fail miserably but I figured why not try it, I've tried everything else. Suprise suprise it worked! I hope I continue to see success with it, and if it comes to you needing to try it I hope it works the same for you Hun.

MemberMember
(@jennyband)

Posted : 07/11/2013 3:29 am

JB

Hey Jenny,

I have been on spiro for 6 or 7 months now and it's working great so I hope you have success with it. I am on 100mg too and that seems to be the perfect dose for me. I have been using dans aha for almost a month now with daily use. I do like 75% aha to 25% CeraVe cream and it's faded my marks by 70% no shit. I was using retin a and Hydroquinone together for months with little results, nothing I noticed anyways. Aha has been great for me. I got a couple white heads right when I started using it and got worried but I think it was just my skin getting used to a new product. Plus my skin is a smooth as a babies. Great stuff.

hi there i'm using dans AHA as well with avene and its working well. i've stopped using the duac and haven't had an active cyst this week.

hopefully more positive results to follow!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:18 pm

Yay!! Congrats Jenny! I hope your success continues. I love not needing to use a topical. I just take my spiro in the morning and then I aha and moisturize every night and it is working wonderful for me too!