Notifications
Clear all

Pantethine Anyone? Please Help!

MemberMember
(@brizzle82)

Posted : 06/07/2013 6:37 pm

Hey everyone,

just started taking pantethine after reading about it on here. i'm currently taking 450mg, twice a day. i just wanted to know if anyone has had recent success with it or not, how long did it take? did you break out from it? I have mild acne that is a major annoyance. i have been breaking mostly near my jawline and chin/lower lips area, with small pimples that come to white-heads.

i should note that i use dan's cleanser and moisturizer morning and night. dan's AHA for spot treating. no BP (too sensitive to it). and have starting drinking at least 60-80oz of water per day.

i was also thinking of taking maybe zinc and vitamin D, and maybe even switching moisturizers to cerave AM/PM, but i don't want to get too ahead of myself. pantethine first. thanks.

MemberMember
(@brizzle82)

Posted : 06/21/2013 2:10 pm

ok, so i have been taking pantethine for 2 weeks now (450mg 2x per day). i had about 3 pimples form near my lower lip area which is a problem spot for me, but none on my jawline (another problem spot). ...the first two pimples lasted for only about 2 days, and the third was one painful and took about a week to come to a white head, and now i have a blemish where it was.

otherwise, i have had a noticeable reduction in my normally very oily skin. i would be shiny at the end of the day. now, i am still shiny, but much less. my skin has also felt slightly drier even after moisturizing, but not to the point where its annoying and feeling over-dry. i still cleanse and moisturize as usual, and do not use any BP. i have also been drinking about 70-80 oz of water per day, just because.

MemberMember
(@fischer1)

Posted : 07/04/2013 7:29 am

i took pantothen for 3 months, and what i noticed it did was all the oil and sebum turned into a hard substance like blackheads wanting to come out of the skin. My skin was all red because all these hard substances in the skin were lightly irritating, what i did not have in the 3 months peroid was pimples not a single one after week 4-5, but my skin felt like sandpaper all over, so i dunno whats best.. What i would like to point of it that i used the regimen (DKR) for about 4-5 months before going right on pantothen, which might have given the pantothen a different effect (my face was messed up because of all the chemicals), now if i apply any BP i within 5 hours get like 5 pimples in the area where bp was applied.

Anyway, i think its worth a shot with the pantothen :)

MemberMember
(@brizzle82)

Posted : 07/05/2013 8:02 am

thanks for the reply. i have noticed now that 900mg a day has not really done much for my acne after about a month. i'm going to stay the course, but may upgrade the dose to 3x per day instead of 2x, making it 1350mg. i'll see if that makes a difference.

MemberMember
(@fischer1)

Posted : 07/05/2013 1:34 pm

i took 2200mg x 4 a day = 8800

so you might be a little short on the intake maybe?

i took pantethine from a brand called pantothen which advises to take 4 a day spread evenly along the day. This pill consisted of

Thiamin 1,5 mg

Ribofiavin 1,7 mg

Niacin 20 mg

Vitamin B6 2 mg

Folate 400 mcg

Vitamin B12 6mcg

Biotin 300 mcg

Pantothenic Acid 2200 mg

L-Carnitine 733,3 mg

This is one pill and the brand tells that they all support the body consumption of the Pantothenic acid... dunno if thats anything you'd try

I'm no longer using the product as i mentioned last post about the regimen messing up my skin. I'm now following the caveman regimen and an antibiotic :)

MemberMember
(@brizzle82)

Posted : 07/06/2013 8:42 am

i took 2200mg x 4 a day = 8800

so you might be a little short on the intake maybe?

i took pantethine from a brand called pantothen which advises to take 4 a day spread evenly along the day. This pill consisted of

Thiamin 1,5 mg

Ribofiavin 1,7 mg

Niacin 20 mg

Vitamin B6 2 mg

Folate 400 mcg

Vitamin B12 6mcg

Biotin 300 mcg

Pantothenic Acid 2200 mg

L-Carnitine 733,3 mg

This is one pill and the brand tells that they all support the body consumption of the Pantothenic acid... dunno if thats anything you'd try

I'm no longer using the product as i mentioned last post about the regimen messing up my skin. I'm now following the caveman regimen and an antibiotic smile.png

yea the brand im taking is jarrow formula's Pantethine, not Pantothenic Acid. pantethine is a derivative of pantothenic acid.....essentially the part that raises coenzyme A (from what i understand) which basically skips one of the steps of the body having to convert the pantothenic acid. I was trying pantethine because i don't want the megadosing of pantothenic acid. but yea thanks for your reply....how has the caveman method worked for you?