Notifications
Clear all

Starting Over

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:52 pm

Hey guys,

So I posted the other day to say that I'm back here at acne.org, I got clear from 2.5% BP using the regimen in around 50-ish days in 2009 when my skin was prettyyyyy bad, got it under control and everything was cool. Disaster struck when the 2.5% panoxyl gel was discontinued in the UK and all I could get hold of was the 10%, which worked for a while but was nowhere near as good and suddenly really didnt work. Ive been given Duac gel which really sucks, does nothing but dry your skin everywhere BUT the spots, it apparently is a miracle drug for some people but its not working out for me.

I've just ordered Dans 2.5% BP and it should be here by next week, which I'm really excited about as I could be clear from then on, but I'm going to post photos and whatever again to show you all how I'm doing and how 2.5% works for me after a long separation from what I personally feel is the best treatment for mild/moderate acne going.

Anyway here's some photos of what my skins rocking right now, not insanely bad but its kinda just creeping into the "ok Im getting concerned now" stage...

Looking at the photos it doesn't look that bad but its quite red/pink in real life which doesnt look too flattering against my very pale skin!

post-104988-0-52779300-1370627460_thumb.

post-104988-0-07690600-1370627470_thumb.

post-104988-0-98635300-1370627501_thumb.

post-104988-0-52779300-1370627460_thumb.

post-104988-0-07690600-1370627470_thumb.

post-104988-0-98635300-1370627501_thumb.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/07/2013 6:11 pm

I was pretty bored earlier so I decided to make a little video on my skin, what happened when I began the regiment and what's happened since not using the 2.5% gel and moving on to other things. Ready to view for all those that are also bored

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/08/2013 11:08 am

Found some pretty upsetting photos of my skin back in 2009 at the start of the regimen, just goes to show how much it helped me and why I need to get back on it asap! Fortunately Ive just found out my delivery will be here monday so fingers crossed it is!

post-104988-0-75790600-1370707672_thumb.

post-104988-0-09243800-1370707683_thumb.

post-104988-0-75790600-1370707672_thumb.

post-104988-0-09243800-1370707683_thumb.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/10/2013 10:08 am

Ok soooooo the 2.5% gel just got here! Very happy with the timing and bottle size and everything and I'm going to use it first thing tonight as I don't want to ruin my 10-12 hour wash gap. One thing that did surprise me is the consistency and texture of the gel, it's very, not so much watery but my 10% gel is quite sticky and almost feels as if it has bits in it whereas this gel is very smooth and no bits at all. Does anyone get this?

Either way ill be using it tonight to do a test run, but if anyone has anything to add that would be helpful!

Peace x

Ok soooooo the 2.5% gel just got here! Very happy with the timing and bottle size and everything and I'm going to use it first thing tonight as I don't want to ruin my 10-12 hour wash gap. One thing that did surprise me is the consistency and texture of the gel, it's very, not so much watery but my 10% gel is quite sticky and almost feels as if it has bits in it whereas this gel is very smooth and no bits at all. Does anyone get this?

Either way ill be using it tonight to do a test run, but if anyone has anything to add that would be helpful!

Peace x

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/10/2013 3:17 pm

Day 1 of regimen

Ok so I've just started the regimen again with dans BP that I received earlier on today

My skin is completely awful but I got clear so to me its kinda bad and needs sorting out. I've just applied the BP, and first impressions are very good. The texture is quite thin and very smooth and makes for very easy application compared to my panoxyl BP. There is zero grainy-ness and it sinks right into the skin straight away. Ive got a few active spots right now, so hopefully my skin will love having the medication back as opposed to the 10% ive been forced to use, I'll post again tomorrow with my initial results.

Fingers crossed as Im going to ibiza next week and Id like to feel more relaxed about my skin as Im very stressed about it atm.

laterrr xx

*isnt completely awful that was meant to say

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/12/2013 6:05 am

Hi guys!

So, today is day 3 because I didn't have a chance to post yesterday....BECAUSE I WENT OUT!

My skin has pretty much already cleared up! I can't even get over this.

I have one active spot right now as opposed to about 5, the redness is gone, the massive irritation has gone, of course I have dryness but nothing like it was and the jojoba oil in my moisturiser is helping so so much!

My favourite part is, I came home at like 7am after a long day of drinking (haven't drank in 3 weeks because of my skin I would instantly get a spot) and wearin make up, and when I got home I had a couple of spots. I washed my face, chucked on the 2.5% and my moisturiser and went to bed. I've just woken up and these new spots are gone! This stuff totally reverses my spots again and does exactly what it's supposed to and I'm so happy!!

Honestly I can't recommend this product enough, it's is 100x better than panoxyl and if you don't have it already I suggest you get some because seriously, I wouldn't say this about a product normally but it really is amazing.

I'm going to post photos as soon as this one last spot goes down which should be by the end of the week because its actually a huge under the skin thing, but I'm not bothered because its taken down everything else!

Right gonna shut up now, but seriously, amazing, and I am so much happier that I could actually leave the house and be social after 3 weeks of seeing no one!

Thank you Dan!!!!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/13/2013 10:07 am

Day 4

So I've got a couple of break outs probably due to my antics over the past 48 hours, but hopefully these will be gone soon now that I'm back to being quite good and not going out or whatever. I hope so anyway, last thing I need is another product that gets my hopes up! Ill write back tomorrow on progress xx

MemberMember
(@ghost08)

Posted : 06/13/2013 11:20 am

Seems like this should really be in the Personal Logs section.

But, I just wanted to say good luck with Dan's BP. It works AMAZINGLY and cleared my skin right up!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/13/2013 4:31 pm

I suppose it is a personal log, but it's also about the regimen so...?

And thanks.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/14/2013 6:52 am

Day 5

Not massive amount of difference today, still have a few break outs, I'm actually a bit concerned that there's no redness or tingling caused by dans BP, as even when I used the panoxyl 2.5 I still had redness....anyway, not much to report today my skin kinda sucks still but it's not even been a week yet so can't expect my face to look like a different face just yet!

MemberMember
(@elliew8)

Posted : 06/14/2013 8:32 am

Hey I know how it feels when a product that actually works is discontinued! I'm in the UK too and was using brevoxyl, but it's 4% and I haven't been able to find another BP with that percentage, it's so frustrating!

Glad to hear you've got an alternative, and don't be worried if there's no redness or tingling, it's actually probably a good sign that it's not irritating your skin too much. I know it's easier said than done but try not to let your skin stop you from going out, I used to stay in all the time when my skin had flared up and it's plain ol miserable. I force myself to go out now because it's so much better than the alternative!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/16/2013 4:29 am

Not sure what day it is, 6 or 7 because I've been busy, but I've had further break outs and I'm not happy at all.

I realise I work in a kitchen, and I always seem to come out with a new spot, but this is really making me angry now. I've got a new job so I'm quitting at the pub for sure as I know the long hours and hot conditions aren't helping my situation, it's not worth me being so miserable and moody.

I don't quite remember if I had initial break outs at first with panoxyl BP but I'm pretty sure I went through the "considering other options" at 2 weeks phase, so I dunno maybe things are gonna get better but for now this sucks.