Notifications
Clear all

Spiro Stopped Working For Me?!

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 06/07/2013 1:24 am

I put up a lot of posts about this, so sorry if you have to hear about this again? My acne is driving me crazy.

9 months ago I was on 50mgs and I was clearing up just fine. All of a sudden, my doctor told me to move up to 75mg and then my skin started freaking out, so I asked my doctor if I could move back to 50mg, but she recommending 100mg to suppress the cysts. so I have been on 3 months with NO improvement. I'm breaking out twice a week now, my menstrual cycles are going crazy and now I wish I stayed on 50mg.

I don't know what to do at this point, because I don't want my skin to go through a freak out if I move back to 50mg.

Any advice? Btw, I know for a fact all of my breakouts are hormonal...I've changed my face makeup from Mac powder to a cleaner powder, I wash my face twice a day, drink lots of water, and religiously use acne.org bp every night (Ive just bought it recently.)

thank you!!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 06/07/2013 10:49 am

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. My endo says that although it works for most people, there are some that Spiro just doesn't work for. You said it worked for awhile on the 50 - are you SURE it was the Spiro and not something else? Were you really clear then? Because sometimes Spiro can make things worse and it's not for everyone. I'm in the same boat - I am 4.5 months on it and it's not working for me. But my endo also says it can take 6-9 months to work so I'm going to try to stick it out. Anyway, I think you should go back to the 50. I really don't know why MORE spiro would break you out whereas a little works, but who the hell knows. I would try going back to 50.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:05 pm

I started out on 100mg of spiro and started to get some zits here and there again so I asked to up my dosage and my obgyn prescribed me 150mg and I started to break out worse than when I started spiro in the first place. So I went back down to 100 hoping it will clear up the mess that happened when I upped the dosage. It's weird you would thinkmmoremof a medication that is helping you would just do better, doesn't seem to be the case with spiro. It seems like us girls need to find a specific dosage. Some girls are great with 25 and other need 200 and so forth it's very touchy medication I am starting to realize. I'm 5 months into my spiro trial and things were going pretty good until I messed with my dosage. So now I am I'm the process of getting that breakout to clear up... Ahhh acne is such a pain..

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:32 pm

I started out on 100mg of spiro and started to get some zits here and there again so I asked to up my dosage and my obgyn prescribed me 150mg and I started to break out worse than when I started spiro in the first place. So I went back down to 100 hoping it will clear up the mess that happened when I upped the dosage. It's weird you would thinkmmoremof a medication that is helping you would just do better, doesn't seem to be the case with spiro. It seems like us girls need to find a specific dosage. Some girls are great with 25 and other need 200 and so forth it's very touchy medication I am starting to realize. I'm 5 months into my spiro trial and things were going pretty good until I messed with my dosage. So now I am I'm the process of getting that breakout to clear up... Ahhh acne is such a pain..

Yeah I started out with 25mg and moved up basically, but noticed my skin clearing a lot(not completely) with 50mg. And then moving to 100mg caused havoc...my doctor told me it would take a month or 2 to adjust and my skin is not chilling out at all.

It is such a pain!!! To tell the truth, I'm just going to move back to 50mg!

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. My endo says that although it works for most people, there are some that Spiro just doesn't work for. You said it worked for awhile on the 50 - are you SURE it was the Spiro and not something else? Were you really clear then? Because sometimes Spiro can make things worse and it's not for everyone. I'm in the same boat - I am 4.5 months on it and it's not working for me. But my endo also says it can take 6-9 months to work so I'm going to try to stick it out. Anyway, I think you should go back to the 50. I really don't know why MORE spiro would break you out whereas a little works, but who the hell knows. I would try going back to 50.

Yup, it is spiro...thats what I asked the doctor for and the bottle said spiro lol. And I was decently clear (not really clear) but all my cysts were gone and the cheek acne was gone pretty much. I wasn't producing anymore acne bumps...

It took me till the 3month to start clearing well at that time.

Yeah, honestly, I'm thinking about gradually going back down to 50mg, because 100mg is starting to do more harm than good.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:41 pm

Haha I meant maybe you were using topicals or something, not that you didn't realize you weren't taking Spiro lol. It's interesting to know that a lower dose can work when a higher dose doesn't. Let us know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@viasidd)

Posted : 06/08/2013 1:10 am

Haha I meant maybe you were using topicals or something, not that you didn't realize you weren't taking Spiro lol. It's interesting to know that a lower dose can work when a higher dose doesn't. Let us know how it goes.

Oh sorry! Haha, well I've been using bp for the longest? probably for 2 years or more, but I changed the bp to acne.org forumula about 2 weeks ago, but this breaking out incident occurred more than 2 months ago, so it cant be the topicals 🙁

So yeah, I'll def let you know how it goes, I just started taking the 50mg today from 100mg, so I'll see.