Notifications
Clear all

Bb Creams! Getting On The Bb Wagon Late...

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:18 pm

On accutane and use nars sheer glow as my current foundation when i want to wear foundation- but sometimes i dont want to wear foundation but want some coverage while moisturizing my skin throughout the day- now there are probebly countless of topics on BB creams but i wanted advice for me. Anyways as i said im on accutane (60mg per day) so my skin is errr pretty dry, actually thats an understatement- its like spongebob without water. Okay so i will get straight to the point- thinking a BB cream will solve my problem. Skin is dry - obviously i just said that, flakey really badly, really sensitive!, pale (like corpse shade), mild acne, mild scarring. uhmmm i think thats about it. - the ones below are spread out on the price scale - so if getting a clinique or dr.jart one will promise me better quality i may be more willing to check those out at ulta,sephora, or macy's - but i really want to hear what people say :) thank you!

This is the BB i have been eyeing (also look at the ingredients)

BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector by Garnier

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4960053

And the Dr.Jart BB cream

http://www.sephora.com/water-fuse-beauty-balm-spf-25-pa-P285402?skuId=1327923

or the clinique one

post-209598-0-23558900-1370574438.png

post-209598-0-23558900-1370574438.png

MemberMember
(@meheh)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:42 pm

Bahahaha... that SpongeBob picture is great! As for BB creams... well, I don't ever really use foundation, but on one occasion I had to dress up for a "50's night" and wanted a flawless complexion like they has back then, and I used Skin 79 BB cream. You can order it online from their website and can also get free samples of it (5 bucks or so shipping). The sample packages kinda suck in terms of packaging, but you can see how it is on your skin. It blended in fine for me, looks a little grey at first, but then it sort of "adjusts" to your skin tone. My skin is very dry (not accutane dry, but still dry) and I am very pale, and I have incredibly sensitive skin, but this stayed on my face fine, didn't break it out or itch, and looked quite natural.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:48 pm

more commerical junk with no scientific evidence -- great -- have evidence pm me

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/06/2013 11:59 pm

Thank you for your comments-

and as for your comment solveacneforever dont be such a poopie pants- there is no scientific evidence on half the shit in this world and people still believe it and the term "solve acne forever" as you state is more commercial junk- so if you read my post i never stated that i wanted this sort of product to "cure my acne" or "diminish my dark spots" - .... thats why i said... im on accutane....... uh duh. So please dont be so pessimistic about this. please and thanks P.S if you have evidence on the cure for acne PM me :)

Kernal Panic- I have actually heard about skin 79 BB cream. I dont know if they provide it at sephora- im going to trial the Clinique one tomorrow at the store to see if its alight it my dry skin- i just want something very sheer but very hydrating also with SPF so i can wear when foundation isnt needed! Thanks! :D

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 1:06 am

more commerical junk with no scientific evidence -- great -- have evidence pm me

ur posts are all about u know everything and have the ultimate guide.we should PM u.

u not discuss in open?

let everyone know.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/07/2013 2:24 am

i turned off notifications though i had this tab still open. and yes that is a perfect summary. pm is the only way ill get your msg. pm is open, ill add it to the guide if it's worthwhile =)

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 4:27 am

and who are u to decide what's reality and whats worth a while??

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 06/07/2013 6:37 am

I'm pretty sure solveanceforever is trolling.

As for the original poster, Dr. Jarts BB cream colors are very pink, almost a pinky gray which didn't work well for me. I've been using Clinique's CC cream which works pretty well. I personally think Nars' tinted moisturizer is a lot better than cliniques CC cream though and tinted moisturizers and american BB creams are basically the same. I have heard garnier's oil free BB cream works pretty well but haven't tried that myself. I would just go to sephora and test out all the BB/CC creams there and see which you like best.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/07/2013 10:11 am

Thank you! im going to the store today and may trial a few- im leaning more towards clinique- but the if the Dr.Jarts one is pinkish like you said i may have to take a look at that also because im very "pink" - curse my irish decent.

Anyways, and as for solveacneforever's ignorant post- i really dont want to go any further because there are tons of these kinds of people that have festered acne.org with there crap- first of all this website i see as a board for advice, and not hard facts. I dont ask the hundreds of user and expect facts- because they are not my derm or doc. I ask them as friends- for advice. In any of my post i never ask how to go about something- because again thats what doctors are used for. I ask them for advice.... now solveacneforever just go away. Thank you! eusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gifeusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@liyahandkmanmom)

Posted : 06/07/2013 10:37 am

I've been using Garnier's oil free BB cream almost every day for a month now. I really like it. It is the only BB cream I have tried. I can say it has pretty good coverage and doesn't break me out. My skin is kind of sensative but not overly sensative. I have applied it with a brush and my hands both which worked fine but my favorate way to apply it is with my beauty blender. I do use the oil free one though and have pretty dry skin. You would probably want to use a moisturizer first since your skin is so dry. Hope this helps and let us know if you try something else and it works good rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@loftur)

Posted : 06/08/2013 6:16 am

I'm rather traditional about BB creams - still using those produced in Asia) Mainly because those by "conventional" western brands do not suggest the same level of SPF/UVA protection, which seems to be rather important for me since I'm using anti-acne products with benzoyl peroxide. But from my experience I can say that BB cream wouldn't cure the problem of dryness: even for relatively "normal" skin it's recommended to use scrubs for flawless coverage, otherwise it wouldn't look as good as it can.

MemberMember
(@joonbug9109)

Posted : 06/08/2013 12:45 pm

I've been using the Garnier Oil Control BB Cream for a few days now. I'm not 100% sold on it yet. I personally have to use it without moisturizer underneath since I have oily skin. I also only put foundation on my cheeks, chin, and upper lip because my forehead gets way too oily for foundation. I just cover any pimples there with concealer (I don't break out too much on my forehead anyway). The results I've been getting so far are that I can wear it for a good 2-3 hours before I started to notice my skin getting oily. The one nice thing about it though is that normally when I wear foundation and my skin starts to get oily it will feel heavy on my face. I basically feel like I need to go wash it off halfway through the day. I didn't quite have the same feeling with the BB cream. I think I'm going to try it though with primer and make up setting spray and see if that helps it last longer.

In terms of coverage and shade I was happy with the product. The light/medium blended into my skin pretty well and I felt like I got pretty decent coverage for a product that's more like a tinted moisturizer. The one thing that is different about this BB cream though is that it doesn't start out white and then blend in like some of the others do. It's already the skin tone color when you first take it out of the bottle.

I would say if you have really dry skin you'll probably want to wear a moisturizer under it. If your skin is normal you might want to try it both ways to see which works for you. If you have oily skin though you probably don't need the moisturizer (there's already SPF in the cream). Hope this helped!

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/09/2013 10:25 am

there is an article on bb creams on graphiti india(the telegraph magazine) calcutta 9 june 2013

MemberMember
(@backtoblack)

Posted : 06/27/2013 9:22 pm

BRTC's Jasmine Water BB cream seems like it would fit your needs, it's a little annoying to track down on eBay or other online stores that sell Korean cosmetics, but it's very nice and actually has helped heal dry patches/flakes in my case.