Notifications
Clear all

Any Advice For My Poor Skin?!

MemberMember
(@distractedblonde)

Posted : 06/06/2013 3:47 pm

I don't even know what to do with my skin anymore (!) I feel like I've tried everything and nothing makes any difference. The problem is that my skin is sooo crazy sensitive, and I always seem to have acne that looks/feels like a rash all over my cheeks and forehead. The only thing I've found that helps is tanning - and I have to go almost everyday for it to work. Unfortunately, skin cancer runs in my family - I need clear skin without tanning!

I wonder if I might have a skin condition like seborrheic dermatitis/eczema/rosacea - anyone have personal experiences to share ?

I don't get body acne unless I put oil on or don't shower - I have nice clear skin literally everywhere but my face. I don't understand. !

Things I've tried & how they've worked:

Proactiv BP lotion - doesn't work at all anymore, used to work okayish (been using ~ 5yrs)

AHA+ Lotion, acne.org - super irritating/painful, does nothing for acne

Cleanser, acne.org - caused breakouts

Dove's beauty bar - did nothing

Nature's cure, the pills - used to help, not anymore

Zest bar soap - doesn't make me breakout, but too drying to use all the time

Tea tree oil - allergic

Most salycic acid products - allergic

Clinique skin care system - broke me out

Cetaphil cleanser - irritated skin

Acnefree foam cleanser - irritated skin

Milk of magnesia - saw a small difference with oil control and breakouts; too irritating to keep using

Current Products:

Physician's formula 'moisture balance' cleanser - hasn't really done anything for my skin

Applied with a clarisonic brush

Clean & clear morning glow moisturizer

1% Hydrocortisone cream spot applied when I feel cystic acne coming - works well if done right away

NYC mosaic powder applied for face makeup

Other info: I run 3-4 miles every other day; I drink tonns of water; I eat fairly healthy - no fast food and I avoid dairy; I change my bedding once a week and always use a clean towel to dry my face.

Any product suggestions/advice to help my picky sensitive skin?

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 3:48 pm

use the acne.org line -- follow it EXACTLY, then tell me how it was in detail -- why are you making it any more difficult?

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:19 pm

I agree, I have extremely sensitive skin and since I have used acne.org products as directed my skin is nearly perfect.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/07/2013 2:20 am

Acne is an inside problem ( poor diet, lifestyle, immunity problems, hormonal ). You are using only outside remedies so things only get worse.

I see that you are running everyday, so that means you take showers often and this might be a problem since you have sensitive skin ! I wash my face once per two days because my skin gets very red and dry even tho I moisturize it !

Did you use vitamin D and zinc ?

Even few days ago, I had a huge acne explosion on my face all the sudden ( even tho I have a very strict and healthy diet and avoided every acne trigger possible ). And after 4 days it heals up on its own.

Make a test, stop running for a week, see how your skin reacts ! It might be the sweat, it might be the fact that you wash your face too often, the water might irritate your skin. There could be so many factors !

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 7:11 am

Acne is an inside problem ( poor diet, lifestyle, immunity problems, hormonal ). You are using only outside remedies so things only get worse.

I see that you are running everyday, so that means you take showers often and this might be a problem since you have sensitive skin ! I wash my face once per two days because my skin gets very red and dry even tho I moisturize it !

Did you use vitamin D and zinc ?

Even few days ago, I had a huge acne explosion on my face all the sudden ( even tho I have a very strict and healthy diet and avoided every acne trigger possible ). And after 4 days it heals up on its own.

Make a test, stop running for a week, see how your skin reacts ! It might be the sweat, it might be the fact that you wash your face too often, the water might irritate your skin. There could be so many factors !

hey!

i'll just continue from ur post.since it will be easier for her to relate.

even though i dnt agree with all ur points.=)

staying active everyday is always beneficial.it will take care of ur cortisol level and also over all hormones.

not washing ur face at least once a days is pretty much modified caveman regimen.

here is my take - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6942/entry-26424-my-take-on-caveman-regimentopical/

u can also visit other threads

to xesro :u could work on ur skin and body.may be things u r doing aint going as good.

but even then a lil' more patience would work.

u can also use anything topical but also heal urslef from within.

just never use anything irritating or too harsh.

topicals when used to prevent scarring is a plus point.