Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Tried Nivea Soft As A Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/05/2013 10:35 pm

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=7897/Nivea_Soft_Moisturizing_Creme/Nivea/Lotions/_Creams

This stuff!!

On my trip to Germany, my aunt told me to buy some because she swears by it. I used it for a bit on my face but then stopped (I really don't know why I stopped.. I think I just didn't want to believe something so cheap could be good). So I went back to my boots no.7 moisture quench day cream..WHICH THEY HAVE NOW DISCONTINUED AND I AM SO SO SO HEARTBROKEN OVER sad.png Just when my skin is healing..they decide to discontinue it. Just great.

Anyways, apparently the Nivea Soft in Germany and the ones sold in Us/Canada have different ingredients. So has anyone tried the US/Canada version? Good? Not good?

It doesn't have any spf which is a downside. But I'm pretty tanned and don't get burned easily so meh, lol. It also has a light fragrance but most people on makeupalley have said it doesn't bother them. Seems to be great reviews for a very low price, hmm.

If you haven't, can you recommend a good SIMPLE moisturizer? I use retin-a occasionally so I guess spf would be important. And obviously oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, fragrance-free, blah blah. All that stuff lol.

Just really badly need something VERY VERY VERY gentle that moisturizes and that's it. I don't really have dry skin or very oily skin. I'm just in the middle really.

I cannot handle anymore breakouts so something very gentle would be great. Thanks !smile.png

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/06/2013 3:11 am

my father used to get the european ones very often when i was a kid.'i am from india.we get it from nearby nivea stores now.and i think they keep the ones from europe as well.(not sure i'll have to check my mum's cupboard).

yes,i have used it previously when but now i dnt.

mt parents still does,'its s trust worthy brand.

its a thick creamy thing and no,its got no spf.

i cant promise if its 'light' but its not very harsh.

u could try it.the european ones.

another options,cetaphil if its suits u.check the ingredients.match it with ur old creams.

if thats too heavy then dermadew aloe gel.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/07/2013 11:23 am

I also own the european ones :) But I went to the store to buy the ones in Canada just so my skin doesn't get used to the European ones and then I all of a sudden run out haha. There seems to be great reviews on it and I've used it for two days now and it feels great for me :) *crosses fingers* It does have mineral oil in it but many people have said it does not bother them. The scent is very very light too and fresh so it's great. Let's hope this continues!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:34 pm

From what I researched at least for the US one it contains:

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Petrolatum, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyglyceryl 2 Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Ok, the negatives, so many parabens, fragrance, mineral oil, sheep oil, alcohols and that's without really looking into the other ones. But Myristyl Myristate is a very oily substance and is an ingredient that should be avoided if you are prone to acne.

Personally, I wouldn't put this stuff on my face.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/08/2013 12:59 pm

From what I researched at least for the US one it contains:

Water, Myristyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Petrolatum, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyglyceryl 2 Caprate, Phenoxyethanol, Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Phosphate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

Ok, the negatives, so many parabens, fragrance, mineral oil, sheep oil, alcohols and that's without really looking into the other ones. But Myristyl Myristate is a very oily substance and is an ingredient that should be avoided if you are prone to acne.

Personally, I wouldn't put this stuff on my face.

blogged ur review of nivea(US).

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/08/2013 6:44 pm

From what I see, every single moisturizer..foundation..etc has something or more negative in it though x_x

Nivea so far hasn't done anything negative for me at least, who knows :/

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 07/25/2013 5:30 pm

It has possibly one of the worst ingredients lists I've ever seen for anyone with acne prone skin. Many of the ingredients not only inflame present acne, but can actually cause acne on skin even not prone to acne sometimes. I would suggest getting something non comedogenic and checking every ingredient on COSDNA

MemberMember
(@enacopations)

Posted : 07/30/2013 10:46 am

That stuff broke me out sooo bad.. Please don't use it. Try neutrogena moisturizer pink grapefruit, I've used it and it works really well. [Removed]