Notifications
Clear all

How To Hide Acne Scars In The Sun?

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 06/04/2013 11:23 pm

Hey guys! I have a pretty decent amount of acne scarring on my face (much more so on the left side of my face). It's not really noticeable inside. Like if someone looks right at me, they can see some scarring, but I feel like it doesn't really take away from my attractiveness at all.

My problem comes from the sun (or at least I think it does). Sometimes when the sun catches me at a certain angle, my face suddenly looks awful.

Is there any way to stop this?

All of my scarring is indented, so I almost feel like it needs to be filled in by something... Idk

There is also absolutely no way I can afford to actually get the scarring fixed because its simply way too expensive...

Also, I am a guy, and I'd prefer not to use makeup if possible. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:38 am

The only two things that can help you reduce the scarring is exfoliation and patience.

On its simply healing it could take months even decent years before the scar is gone.

And the sun thing, well, you can't do much about it. Use sun protection lotion or try to avoid the sun as much as possible.

MemberMember
(@semiwestern)

Posted : 06/05/2013 2:12 pm

CAn indented scars actually heal on their own? Its been probably 2 years since I stopped having acne that left scars. So far haven't really seen any improvement whatsoever.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/06/2013 4:32 am

It took me around 4 years for my cheek scar to heal and that including the lemon juice and exfoliation I did in these years !

About the sun thing. Tanning actually helps my acne and scars to fade away for a PERIOD ! After the tanning is gone I breakout alot.

MemberMember
(@janetjoseph67)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:59 am

My suggestion would be that you wait for the scars to heal with time and till then hold your patience.

MemberMember
(@tamaara)

Posted : 06/11/2013 10:45 am

Yeah I have the exact same problem :( from a certain angle my skin looks horrible... I think that now I automatically adjust the position of my body and face so that the light doesn't shine on my face like that. That's the only way I know... Or wearing a hat, that my face is in shadow.

And about scar fading/helaing... I had bad acne when I was 17-18. Now I'm 24 and they haven't filled or improved on their own (dermaroller helped me a bit!). And I'm still getting new ones every time I get a cyst. Hate it!

MemberMember
(@myjade84)

Posted : 06/23/2013 9:59 pm

Have you tried getting professional help from a reliable dermatologist? You can try Lasers or the chemical peels.