Notifications
Clear all

Im Back

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/04/2013 12:57 pm

So Im back again.

My names Alex and I used to be a part of acne.org pretty religiously about 2 years ago while my acne flared worse than ever, whereas I usually just got it on my chin mildly it got really inflamed and spread to the sides of my cheeks and my forehead. I was prescribed Benzol Peroxide 2.5 and even though it was very difficult what with the drying process etc I got through it and I was finally clear. My acne remained under control and although I had to care for my skin I was a lot happier in life.

Unfortunately that all ended about 2 weeks ago when my skin started to flare and all my usual tricks didnt work at all. Recently I had to move up to BP 10% as there is a "manufacturing problem" that no one can explain every time I went to get a prescription and the 10% was the only one that was available. Whether this is the problem I dont know, but generally BP doesnt seem to work for me anymore which to be honest is terrifying after what I've been through with my skin.

Ive recently become single and as hard as its been I felt confident to live my life and be happy, so this has all come at completely the wrong time!

Im still taking the birth control pill Dianette, but I have been given "Duac" gel as a topical instead of the BP. Im really nervous as I've been using it for a week now and its not that great, but Ive been told I have to wait at least 6 weeks before I can go back and discuss it.

Acne sucks, its the only thing where the doctors like "here's some anti-biotics, they might work they might not!"

But yeah generally straight hating life right now

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/04/2013 4:59 pm

Hey :)

I'm also in the same boat as you, trying out medications and products and have to change routine , see the derm when it doesn't work out. I've been seeing my derm like three-four times since February and everytime she tells me to stop using whatever medication she prescribed me last time and prescribes me a new one. It really is a never-ending labyrinth to find the secret to my acne dilemma. I've also been using various percentages of BP (2.5%, 5% and another topical with a mix of BP and something else) and when they all failed, my derm told me it's because of my resistance to them, probably that's what happened to you, too.

MemberMember
(@tom-worth)

Posted : 06/04/2013 5:00 pm

I know exactly what you're going through, I had been using Panoxyl 2.5% for two years and had perfect skin until they discontinued it 10 months ago because of licensing issues and my skin gets worse every day, it was the first thing I tried and worked within 2 weeks with no drying so pretty depressed at the moment. I found Duac is too strong and didn't really work as well but it may work for you. It sounds like your skin might have broken out because of you using the 10% which is wayyyyy too strong so your skin probably overcompensated the dryness with oil hence the breakouts, skin can't build a resistance to Benzoyl Peroxide so I don't think it would suddenly stop working, I also was given antibiotics by my doctor as a desperate act of not knowing what to do, it's just guess work so it was pointless.

They're bringing back the 5% panoxyl aqua gel this summer if you can wait for a couple of months that would probably be closer to what you were using and you could use it every 2 days to stop over drying.

Hang in there, if you were clear for two years you can be clear again, there are other people going through the exactly the same as you, now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get out there and meet a guy!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/06/2013 11:17 am

Yeah its all a bit depressing really but there doesnt seem to be much I can do at the moment sadly!

Im making another appointment with my doctor next week after 2 weeks on this duac gel just so I can justify going back and saying it doesnt work basically, it doesnt stop spots from forming, doesnt dry up new ones and just generally makes your skin feel tight but thats about it, not even any redness or anything, just useless! Im gonna start a new thread tomorrow with photos of my skin at the moment so you guys can see what Im talking about, but Im seriously considering like accutane or something just to be over this already!!!

haha as if I need to meet a guy right now, that is seeeeeriously the last thing I want rolleyes.gif Need to love myself again first, dont neeeeed no man!

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/06/2013 11:58 am

Hey so yeah Im kinda excited right now because (and I dont know why I didnt just do this like a year ago) but I just ordered Dans 2.5% BP. It was kinda pricey for shipping as I live in the UK, but I just kinda realised, Im spending 7 a time on prescriptions that don't work, why not spend 50 on something that I know will work?

So yeah that should arrive in 2-4 business days apparently, and its Friday today so Im guessing like end of next week maybe? Either way, Im really hopeful for this coming and maybe my summer can be saved, I wont get my hopes up too much yet, but Im happier knowing that there is a possibility that I could be clear again before things get really horrible again. I'll start a new thread as soon as I get the new BP xxx

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 06/06/2013 12:24 pm

Hey so yeah Im kinda excited right now because (and I dont know why I didnt just do this like a year ago) but I just ordered Dans 2.5% BP. It was kinda pricey for shipping as I live in the UK, but I just kinda realised, Im spending 7 a time on prescriptions that don't work, why not spend 50 on something that I know will work?

So yeah that should arrive in 2-4 business days apparently, and its Friday today so Im guessing like end of next week maybe? Either way, Im really hopeful for this coming and maybe my summer can be saved, I wont get my hopes up too much yet, but Im happier knowing that there is a possibility that I could be clear again before things get really horrible again. I'll start a new thread as soon as I get the new BP xxx

I'm curious about that Dan's BP, I see a lot of people mentionning about it here!

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 06/06/2013 2:55 pm

Hey so yeah Im kinda excited right now because (and I dont know why I didnt just do this like a year ago) but I just ordered Dans 2.5% BP. It was kinda pricey for shipping as I live in the UK, but I just kinda realised, Im spending £7 a time on prescriptions that don't work, why not spend £50 on something that I know will work?

Did you order the large sized BP? you might get a nasty surprise with customs charges :( I ordered the smaller one (still huge though) and it came to £19 with postage, i worked it out and its still cheaper than panoxyl was. Also next time order from amazon, for some reason the postage is much cheaper,

I've been using it for two weeks now and I do like it, it took me 3 months to get properly clear on panoxyl though.

MemberMember
(@alexxxxx)

Posted : 06/06/2013 9:21 pm

Hey so yeah Im kinda excited right now because (and I dont know why I didnt just do this like a year ago) but I just ordered Dans 2.5% BP. It was kinda pricey for shipping as I live in the UK, but I just kinda realised, Im spending £7 a time on prescriptions that don't work, why not spend £50 on something that I know will work?

I'm curious about that Dan's BP, I see a lot of people mentionning about it here!

Yeah I've never tried it before, but I live in the UK and unfortunately the 2.5% BP has been discontinued for no reason and Ive had problem skin ever since, Im kinda desperate now and I generally believe that it is probably the exact same product therefore Im giving it a go! I'll start a new thread of my clearing journey again once I've got the new BP!

Did you order the large sized BP? you might get a nasty surprise with customs charges sad.png I ordered the smaller one (still huge though) and it came to £19 with postage, i worked it out and its still cheaper than panoxyl was. Also next time order from amazon, for some reason the postage is much cheaper,

I've been using it for two weeks now and I do like it, it took me 3 months to get properly clear on panoxyl though.

Yeah I got eh 16oz just because I figured it would last me absolutely ages as I used to make a tiny tube last at least 2 months! Im not really too concerned with the pricing, Im really desperate and I've got depression now that my skin is awful so the money just doesnt matter to me right now!

If its the same as panoxyl, I cleared up within 48ish days I think? that was my last post on here and I didnt return until now because I didnt feel like it was an issue anymore! That being said, my skin was much worse then that it is now, so I think I could get clear in about a month if I had the gel again! FIngers crossed anyway!

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 9:47 pm

not sure what is going on here but seems someone is back, go help -->