Notifications
Clear all

Good Moisturizers?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:00 pm

So the moisturizer I have currently been using for a long time and is AMAZING is being discontinued sad.png It's the Boots No.7 Moisture Quench Day Cream that I put on before my makeup.

What are some other good moisturizers for acne prone skin, are oil-free, fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and all that shabang?

To put on in the morning, before makeup.

What do you guys use?

PS. I'm really nervous about trying a new moisturizers because my skin has been so used to this one for a long time. Also because my skin is healing and I don't want a terrible breakout all of a sudden.. :/

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:31 pm

Aqua Gel Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer

From Narskin

It changes your skin immediately research on it.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/04/2013 12:07 am

I'm not sure where you live, but botani balancing moisturiser is amazing. They're a company who uses only natural ingredients in all their products, and it's one of the only moisturisers I've found that doesn't break my skin out. Great under makeup too.

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 06/04/2013 12:11 am

Make sure you keep the Boots No. 7 moisture quench package so you can compare ingredients with a new moisturizer. They may still sell the discontinued moisturizer on drugstore.com or another website for discontinued products. Also sometimes drugstore knockoff brands will have the same ingredients so it's worth looking into. Good luck.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/04/2013 12:31 pm

I just started using Vichy Normaderm hydration acne care lotion about 2 weeks ago and it is amazing!

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/04/2013 4:28 pm

Make sure you keep the Boots No. 7 moisture quench package so you can compare ingredients with a new moisturizer. They may still sell the discontinued moisturizer on drugstore.com or another website for discontinued products. Also sometimes drugstore knockoff brands will have the same ingredients so it's worth looking into. Good luck.

I lost the package :( ..

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 06/05/2013 11:40 am

I lost the package sad.png ..

Water, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-20 Stearate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Lactate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, 2-Bromo-2-Nitrpropane-1,3-Diol, Lactic Acid, BHT, Sorbitol, Red 4, Blue 1

I found the ingredients on Paula Begones website.

It looks like they are still selling it on amazon and drugstore.com. I hope this helps I hate trying to find a new moiturizer myself.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/05/2013 11:42 am

Water, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-20 Stearate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Lactate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, 2-Bromo-2-Nitrpropane-1,3-Diol, Lactic Acid, BHT, Sorbitol, Red 4, Blue 1

It looks like they are still selling it on amazon and drugstore.com. I hope this helps I hate trying to find a new moiturizer myself.

Yes, but that is the night cream right? I need the day cream and it seems to be discontinued. I actually called the company and they said that yes, they have discontinued it. However they have replaced it with a new one called "No.7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Dry Skin". I'm so hesitant to try anything new, goodness...

MemberMember
(@sroberts89436)

Posted : 06/05/2013 1:10 pm

Yes, but that is the night cream right? I need the day cream and it seems to be discontinued. I actually called the company and they said that yes, they have discontinued it. However they have replaced it with a new one called "No.7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream for Normal/Dry Skin". I'm so hesitant to try anything new, goodness...

Nope, it says these are the ingredients for the original day cream that was discontinued. At least maybe you can compare these ingredients with the new replacement. I know how you feel about trying a new cream, even an updated from the same company. If it works why change it right.

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 06/05/2013 1:22 pm

Nope, it says these are the ingredients for the original day cream that was discontinued. At least maybe you can compare these ingredients with the new replacement. I know how you feel about trying a new cream, even an updated from the same company. If it works why change it right.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I asked the lady at the store and she said I wouldn't be able to use this night cream during the day (stupid question, I know lol) because it has some retinol in it? and no spf?

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 06/15/2013 2:11 am

CeraVe moisturizers all the way for me. Can't live without them!

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 07/01/2013 10:55 am

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture is a good cream moisturizer.

Or just do like I do and use natural oils like almond oil and evening primrose oil.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 07/06/2013 1:18 am

CeraVe AM. CeraVe PM.

My holy grail moisturizers...I'll never use another again. They don't break me out, they make my skin feel healthy and soft. And the AM has a SPF 30.

MemberMember
(@seeking2012)

Posted : 07/15/2013 6:26 pm

Jojoba oil. Hands down. $10 and it lasts and lasts.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/16/2013 3:12 am

CeraVe product line is amazing!!