Notifications
Clear all

Acne Explosion ( Pics Included )

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/03/2013 8:34 am

So all the sudden my acne exploded. Im eating only vegetables and fruits and I'm avoiding any acne triggers but i don't know why this happened. I'm 19 years old and started having acne 4 years ago. I used all home remedies, products, dermatologists prescription, healthy diet and lifestyle. Could it be hormonal ? If yes what should i do. I'm sick of acne ! I don't mind having it, but not like this. And it looks even worse in real life than in those pictures, please help me.

post-183534-0-44412500-1370266067_thumb.

post-183534-0-43265200-1370266116_thumb.

post-183534-0-87412500-1370268796_thumb.

post-183534-0-44412500-1370266067_thumb.

post-183534-0-43265200-1370266116_thumb.

post-183534-0-87412500-1370268796_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:42 am

what do u eat?

what do u use on ur face?

how is ur lifestyle?

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:46 am

For some reason I seriously don't think that diet plays a huge part in skin. I have friends who eat like crazy but their skin is totally clean. Why is that? I used to eat a lot of bad food when I didn't have acne and never broke out once. I'm such a confused one lol! Anyway what are you using at the moment?

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:01 am

I don't eat junk food, chocolate or any sweets.

My daily meal looks something like this: tomatoes, carrots, musli cereals, bananas, apples and sometimes fried eggs and not to mention that I don't eat foods with salt ! Not even bread !

I don't use anything on my face just an olive oil moisturizer after washing my face. I just wash my face with potable water ( from store ) once per two or three days because my skin gets very dry. I have acne prone, dry, sensitive skin !

I just sit at my computer, doing a 2-3 minute workout few times per day.

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:20 am

Maybe you should try a very gentle cleanser at least and a gel form moisturisor.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:52 am

I don't eat junk food, chocolate or any sweets.

My daily meal looks something like this: tomatoes, carrots, musli cereals, bananas, apples and sometimes fried eggs and not to mention that I don't eat foods with salt ! Not even bread !

I don't use anything on my face just an olive oil moisturizer after washing my face. I just wash my face with potable water ( from store ) once per two or three days because my skin gets very dry. I have acne prone, dry, sensitive skin !

I just sit at my computer, doing a 2-3 minute workout few times per day.

can u keep a food diary?

u say u dnt have bread.do u have any grains at all?

grains dnt cause severe issues in most cases unless u r intolerant.

i'd say check for night shade members,the cereal u have and banana.

eggs can be eaten everyday.or atleast 5-6 days a week.

unless u r allergic its good.

u need sodium and iodine.

why dnt u try a balanced diet; instead of anything extreme.

here is an example but u could as add and omit things of ur choice - http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6942/entry-25995-from-what-can-i-do-to-improve-my-diet-tough-with-food-allergies/

a general concept -

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6942/entry-26530-from-what-foods-can-i-even-eat-anymore/

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6942/entry-26490-from-any-tips/

also,u should move and be a lil' more active.

just walk or stretch now and then.

so some deep breathing.

check for insulin spikes.

i dnt support caveman routine.

my point : http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6942/entry-26424-from-not-sure-what-to-do/#commentsStart

MemberMember
(@bactbb)

Posted : 06/03/2013 11:11 am

The only thing I can suggest would to switch to a different moisturizer as olive oil can clog pores very easily. I would try using jojoba oil if I were you, it's non comedogenic and is similar to human sebum, so it will slow down oil production

MemberMember
(@alibeast)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:39 pm

Your face looks kind of oily, try using anti bacterial soap.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/04/2013 4:45 am

a soap?!!?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/06/2013 1:37 pm

For some reason I seriously don't think that diet plays a huge part in skin. I have friends who eat like crazy but their skin is totally clean. Why is that? I used to eat a lot of bad food when I didn't have acne and never broke out once. I'm such a confused one lol! Anyway what are you using at the moment?

I disagree on this.While diet may not affect everyone's acne ,it certainly does mine.And it does affect some other people too.It's a known fact that high glycemic index foods(hi GI index) which raise your blood sugar instantaneously and spike your insulin may aggravate your acne.A high carbohydrate diet for me is harakiri.I am an Indian and our food traditionally consists of a lot of carbohydrates.Still i stick to things which i feel are healthy.In our home chapatis are made from four grain wheat which has a lower glycemic index since it has millets in it.I have cut my sugar intake to almost zero.I hardly eat sweet things and when i do it's Sugarfree (sucralose,yes the jury is out.It is safe).

Since i'm working out like a dog these days,so my protein intake has increased.I have like 10 egg whites (drives my parents crazy).500gm of chicken breast,250 gm of fish (basa,sole,trout,tuna) EVERYDAY! I love the cheese cakes which my dad bakes (he's a neurologist who has started baking cookies and cakes lol ).The cake has low carbs and is sugar free.Philadelphia cheese does have a lot of saturated fat but it is awesome.

I disagree on this.While diet may not affect everyone's acne ,it certainly does mine.And it does affect some other people too.It's a known fact that high glycemic index foods(hi GI index) which raise your blood sugar instantaneously and spike your insulin may aggravate your acne.A high carbohydrate diet for me is harakiri.I am an Indian and our food traditionally consists of a lot of carbohydrates.Still i stick to things which i feel are healthy.In our home chapatis are made from four grain wheat which has a lower glycemic index since it has millets in it.I have cut my sugar intake to almost zero.I hardly eat sweet things and when i do it's Sugarfree (sucralose,yes the jury is out.It is safe).

Since i'm working out like a dog these days,so my protein intake has increased.I have like 10 egg whites (drives my parents crazy).500gm of chicken breast,250 gm of fish (basa,sole,trout,tuna) EVERYDAY! I love the cheese cakes which my dad bakes (he's a neurologist who has started baking cookies and cakes lol ).The cake has low carbs and is sugar free.Philadelphia cheese does have a lot of saturated fat but it is awesome.

My answers are so incoherent.I type gibberish! :P

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/07/2013 2:02 am

My skin seems to heal up all the sudden, I didn't do anything ! Same diet, same activity.

It's so weird.

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/07/2013 2:51 am

>

My answers are so incoherent.I type gibberish! tongue.png

I am still debating myself as to whether diet is related to acne. 90% of me believes that its really not related and only has to do with genes, sleep, stress, etc etc. And then there is that random 10% that believes there's a link. But there's just such insufficient evidence out there for this matter. I did once hear that diet really doesn't cause acne but may aggravate it.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/07/2013 3:09 am

>>

I am still debating myself as to whether diet is related to acne. 90% of me believes that its really not related and only has to do with genes, sleep, stress, etc etc. And then there is that random 10% that believes there's a link. But there's just such insufficient evidence out there for this matter. I did once hear that diet really doesn't cause acne but may aggravate it.

Since it aggravates the acne it means there is a 100% link between diet and acne. And I assure you there is. For example if I eat pizza my skin gets oily and causes me breakout, if I eat chocolate and sweets I get random pimples and I actually tested this ( I'm suffering from acne for almost 5 years now ). Maintaining a healthy died prevents acne, reduce acne or has no effect ! Everyone has a different organism, but if you don't get acne from diet it doesn't mean it doesn't have a link to it !

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/07/2013 8:50 am

>>

I am still debating myself as to whether diet is related to acne. 90% of me believes that its really not related and only has to do with genes, sleep, stress, etc etc. And then there is that random 10% that believes there's a link. But there's just such insufficient evidence out there for this matter. I did once hear that diet really doesn't cause acne but may aggravate it

No evidence? C'mon...It's simple as hell.You eat carbohydrates.It raises your blood sugar.Insulin levels spike in order to bring those sugar levels down.Increased insulin levels affect the testosterone levels of your body.Testosterone regulates the sebum production of your oil glands .So more testosterone =more sebum.

Now here comes the change.People who are susceptible to acne like us get acne because of this increased sebum.While individuals who are immune to acne don't get affected.

Where's the confusion in this whole process?

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:09 pm

>>

I am still debating myself as to whether diet is related to acne. 90% of me believes that its really not related and only has to do with genes, sleep, stress, etc etc. And then there is that random 10% that believes there's a link. But there's just such insufficient evidence out there for this matter. I did once hear that diet really doesn't cause acne but may aggravate it

No evidence? C'mon...It's simple as hell.You eat carbohydrates.It raises your blood sugar.Insulin levels spike in order to bring those sugar levels down.Increased insulin levels affect the testosterone levels of your body.Testosterone regulates the sebum production of your oil glands .So more testosterone =more sebum.

Now here comes the change.People who are susceptible to acne like us get acne because of this increased sebum.While individuals who are immune to acne don't get affected.

So I am susceptible to acne but why is it that prior to getting acne I was eating a lot of junk but never got a single pimple? And i have been fairly clear nowadays too but I still eat junk and don't break out? Do you think perhaps our digestion system is at fault here rather than food being the main culprit? if your digesting your food properly then you won't break out and if your not then it could affect the skin?

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/07/2013 12:33 pm

>>

Since i'm working out like a dog these days,so my protein intake has increased.I have like 10 egg whites (drives my parents crazy).500gm of chicken breast,250 gm of fish (basa,sole,trout,tuna) EVERYDAY! I love the cheese cakes which my dad bakes (he's a neurologist who has started baking cookies and cakes lol ).The cake has low carbs and is sugar free.Philadelphia cheese does have a lot of saturated fat but it is awesome. ockquote>My answers are so incoherent.I type gibberish! tongue.png

So I am susceptible to acne but why is it that prior to getting acne I was eating a lot of junk but never got a single pimple? And i have been fairly clear nowadays too but I still eat junk and don't break out? Do you think perhaps our digestion system is at fault here rather than food being the main culprit? if your digesting your food properly then you won't break out and if your not then it could affect the skin?

Well it's all the factors combined and not food alone.Remember food is just a part of it.It might have been other factors that caused you to breakout.Maybe there was an overall hormonal imbalance in your body?Our body is not as simple as it seems.So if not for acne then for your good health.Why not limit junk food? :)

MemberMember
(@priyankaa)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:24 pm

MemberMember
(@providermr)

Posted : 06/08/2013 11:52 pm

just put some BP on it, your acne is mild.

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 06/09/2013 3:23 pm

If your acne is hormonal you should try taking saw palmetto. Look into it. It's helped lots of people!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/09/2013 4:05 pm

I think we all can agree that a healthy well balanced diet is good for health over all. It's when people go to the extreme in order to control their acne that the problem arises. Food is not an acne treatment for all acne sufferers but it does affect some. As for your sudden worsening of acne, no one can tell you for sure what triggered out as sometimes our body has a mind of its own. i' second the discontinuation of olive oil in favor of jojoba. I don't think you necesarily need a cleanser though. If you want to got teh natural route, looke into vitamins and mineral supplements and such.

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/09/2013 4:12 pm

My face is acne free now, but I have some red spots left, damn ..