Notifications
Clear all

Guy Wants Me To Sleep Over, Which Means Seeing Me Without Makeup!

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/02/2013 8:53 pm

Hey everyone!

So, I've been seeing this guy for a while, and I really like him. He's asked me to stay over a few times and to stay the weekend at his friend's holiday house but I've always said no because that would mean me having to take my makeup off and him seeing how bad my chin is at the moment. It's super red (only made worse by the fact that I'm super pale), with post-inflam hyper-pigmentation and a few active spots. I also have anxiety which doesn't exactly help.

It's getting to that stage where it's getting more serious though, and I don't know how long I can keep saying no for without him thinking there's something wrong.

Does anyone have experience with not wearing makeup for the first time in front of someone, and their reaction? Or guys, what your opinion would be of someone you like having bad skin and taking their makeup off for the first time?

Also, I don't know if this makes any difference, but I think he has some acne scarring on his cheeks which I only noticed yesterday... would he be more understanding if he's experienced it himself?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/02/2013 9:49 pm

Hey :)

I'm a college guy, and personally I think it's great to see a girl without her makeup on around me. It shows she's comfortable and confident enough in her own skin and whether or not she has acne, I find that "realness" very attractive.

There's always a chance he will get turned off, some guys are idiots lol, and some just more superficial than others. But a good way to see if you two are good for each other is to just be yourself and see how he responds; if things go well he's going to see you without makeup eventually right ? So you might as well do it now.

Just be honest and have fun. For me, there's nothing hotter than a girl that knows how dress up for a night out AND how to kick back with no makeup, shorts, and a t-shirt lol.

If he likes you enough some acne/redness won't bother him much ;)

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:08 am

yes i've had experience w/ this and im an anxious person too, so i understand. it helps being honest abt it and letting him know you're nervous. i've told guys before that i look diff without makeup on, and most of them didn't mind. matter of fact, one time i looked completely disheveled after messing around...my eyeshadow was everywhere, and it seemed like i was more bothered by it than he was. it just depends on the guy, though. good luck.

MemberMember
(@tricky)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:35 am

I'm a guy and recommend that you just talk to him about your concerns. Get everything out in to the open (literally). I'm sure he'd hate to feel that you are anxious about anything and just wants you to be comfortable around him.

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/03/2013 9:31 pm

matter of fact, one time i looked completely disheveled after messing around...my eyeshadow was everywhere, and it seemed like i was more bothered by it than he was. it just depends on the guy, though. good luck.

Haha, this has happened to me a few times too, and he hasn't said anything, so hopefully he's one of the guys that doesn't mind. Thankyou!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I know it'd be a good idea to talk to him but I think I'm just trying to avoid the situation completely.

MemberMember
(@angelspit)

Posted : 06/03/2013 11:04 pm

I don't wear makeup to cover my uneven skin tone and whatever breakout I may have had.

What you see is what you get. You need to be more confident in yourself. If he doesn't want to be with you because of your skin, trust me he isn't even worth your time. I'm sure you're a very beautiful young lady. And you cannot let your skin prevent you from doing things that you want.

You'll see if this guy is worth your time if he still calls you beautiful at your worst.

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/04/2013 12:21 am

I don't wear makeup to cover my uneven skin tone and whatever breakout I may have had.

What you see is what you get. You need to be more confident in yourself. If he doesn't want to be with you because of your skin, trust me he isn't even worth your time. I'm sure you're a very beautiful young lady. And you cannot let your skin prevent you from doing things that you want.

You'll see if this guy is worth your time if he still calls you beautiful at your worst.

I absolutely LOVED your last sentence: "You'll see if this guy is worth your time if he still calls you beautiful at your worst". So spot on. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@sorbet)

Posted : 06/04/2013 8:18 pm

I absolutely LOVED your last sentence: "You'll see if this guy is worth your time if he still calls you beautiful at your worst". So spot on. Thank you!

I was going to say the exact same thing! Thanks everyone, he asked me again and I'm staying over at his place next weekend, eeeek!!

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/04/2013 8:56 pm

Staying over for the weekend? I guess in society today that's code for letting him dip his celery stick into your punani

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/04/2013 9:26 pm

Staying over for the weekend? I guess in society today that's code for letting him dip his celery stick into your punani

Unnecessary.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 06/05/2013 6:02 pm

I'm really glad you decided to go ahead and stay with him, I know it's hard letting your partner see you without makeup. I STILL feel self-concious about my husband seeing me without coverup, and we've been together seven years. xD When we first started dating and staying with each other, I would sleep in my makeup because I was so desperate for him not to see my spots.

He knows how insecure I am about it and understands thank goodness. If this guy is a good person he won't even care and he'll still think you're gorgeous. :)

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/05/2013 8:34 pm

Yes, even I found my comment in poor taste

Brb still tru tho

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/08/2013 2:48 am

Honestly, if you don't make a big deal about it or draw attention to the fact that you are self conscious about it, he probably won't even notice. Last time I stayed over at a guy's house, I brought with me "backup" makeup to touch up in the middle of the night, then touched up some more in the morning (one of the rare times I slept with makeup on) and my face looked worse than if I had taken my makeup off. Plus, my foundation got smudged all over his pillow. Looking back on it, it wasn't worth the hassle. Other times, boyfriends have seen me without makeup and to them I looked the same either way. Most guys are not that observant, or so I would like to think shifty.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/08/2013 8:16 am

Honestly, if you don't make a big deal about it or draw attention to the fact that you are self conscious about it, he probably won't even notice. Last time I stayed over at a guy's house, I brought with me "backup" makeup to touch up in the middle of the night, then touched up some more in the morning (one of the rare times I slept with makeup on) and my face looked worse than if I had taken my makeup off. Plus, my foundation got smudged all over his pillow. Looking back on it, it wasn't worth the hassle. Other times, boyfriends have seen me without makeup and to them I looked the same either way. Most guys are not that observant, or so I would like to think

Funny but true. Most times, unless it is caked on in 6 layers or your face looks like Ke$ha, we don't notice it much LOL

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/27/2013 12:22 pm

I am the same exact way. I have never worn make up except eye make up and lipstick. The way I see it if someone isn't attracted to me because my skin isn't perfect then I don't need that person in my life.