Notifications
Clear all

Upper Stomach/ Back Pain With Accutane?

MemberMember
(@kt12345)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:58 pm

I am in my second week of accutane and the past few days I have experienced a slight pain in my upper left and right area of my stomach. Sometimes I will feel it on the right side of my back as well. I know that body pain is part of accutane, I just am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and making sure it's nothing serious. It's definitely not unbearable. It's mostly like a small cramp then goes away.

MemberMember
(@sweetsunshine)

Posted : 06/02/2013 3:24 pm

I already had back pains before starting accutane but I did feel that it was worse while I was on it. I literally felt like a dry prune lol! I had a lot of the bad side effects but it cleared me up like a baby. I hope u have a positive experience!! Good luck to you

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/02/2013 7:08 pm

My brother had body pains like this- and he would cringe because he had to play in soccer games. Its a side effect listed, im not a doc. so my info is only coming from little ol me. But if you really have trouble with it give you derm a call or just wait out the months meds because blood tests dont lie when it comes to body changes. :) Good luck- im also going on my second week of accutane. I just am dry- :)

MemberMember
(@kt12345)

Posted : 06/03/2013 1:08 am

Thanks sweet sunshine. What kind of side effects did you get?

Avada was everything okay with your brother in the end? I feel like I'm just freaking myself. Yea I figured I'll just wait til my blood tests. If I get really freaked out I'll try and get some blood tests on my own time.

Thank you both for your responses!

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/03/2013 11:22 pm

My brothers 6 months on accutane was a tough journey- but his skin is beyond gorgeous now. Health wise he is great- Nothing negative at all. dont stress out to much over it- but right down in a note book anything you feel so you can be prepared when you visit the derm. :)

MemberMember
(@kt12345)

Posted : 06/04/2013 4:37 am

Thanks a lot!! :)

MemberMember
(@sweetsunshine)

Posted : 06/08/2013 7:22 pm

Thanks sweet sunshine. What kind of side effects did you get?

!

I really went through some really hard times while on accutane :( I had A LOT of the bad side effects. I wont go into detail, don't want to be a Debbie downer. I will say this though.. I don't regret it one bit!! I stopped taking it at around 3-4 months because I couldn't handle it but shortly after I stopped taking it I stopped breaking out! It's been over 6 months now since I stopped and I haven't had a single breakout :) Stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, take your vitamins/fish oil.. Take care of yourself :) cheers to clear skin!!!