Using A Gentle Exfo...

Notifications
Clear all

Using A Gentle Exfoliater For Flakiness?

MemberMember
(@lizhernandez)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:32 pm

I've been on the regimen for about four weeks 1/2 I have been having flakes like crazy you can esp see it when I have makeup on(& I have to wear it b/c I'm not yet comfortable to be bare faced wherever I go) its like if my skin has this cracked texture eeek. I was just wondering if its fine if I incorporated a gentle exfoliant once a week (to be specific one from Michael Todd true organics the charcoal one) aren't the flakes from dead skin ?? & also if any ladies wear makeup while on the regimen what do you suggest?

Oh & I recently ordered the jojoba oil heard that works, but in the mean time any suggestions/tips?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:53 pm

i would strongly discourage you from exfoliating with other products. If you want to ease the flakes then try AHA instead. I just ordered this and in a few weeks when my breakouts calm down, i'm gonna try it. Some people suggest rubbing jojoba oil over the face before cleansing as to get off the flakes then cleansing as usual.

Good Luk with whatever you decide to do

I don't wear makeup so i can't help you in that department

Sorry

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:56 pm

Ever heard of Cure natural aqua gel? That helped me loads when my flaking was really bad. Its super super gentle (its something like 90% hydrogenated water) but it sort of dissolves the glue that holds the dead skin to your face and it all comes off. Its not a scrub, just a clear gel that you leave on your skin for a few seconds. You can order samples of it from beautycarousel :)