Notifications
Clear all

Washing Face /showers..?

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 06/01/2013 5:19 pm

SO here goes...i currently have a shower at 3pm and wash face in shower and then apply sunscreen and go off with my day and then wash again at night after 10-12 hours and apply my cream (differin) .. BTW i have oily skin... My question lies here... i am starting the gym in a week's time and i will shower normally like i always do at 3.pm and wash my face then and apply sunscreen .. and i will be goin to the gym at 6 or 7 or 8 and stay for 1-2 hours... Should i Wash my face with water only before i work out once i arrive at the gym? and after the gym i will be riding my bicycle to my house about 20-30 minutes (should the shower be cold?)... is that alright? and after shower( i will not be washing my face with anything.. ill be just using water on face) i will be goin out with friends... yes daily.. and so i will wash my face again before i go to bed and apply differin ... wont that increase my acne or oily skin? cause ill be washing 3-4 times .. twice will be only water and other 2 times with my product..

MemberMember
(@ms18)

Posted : 06/01/2013 9:13 pm

I think a good plan would to wash your face in the morning with your cleanser. Then when you get home from the gym wash off your face gently with some warm water and at night wash again with your cleanser then apply your differin. I would think washing more then 3 times a day would irritate your skin but everyone's different.

MemberMember
(@dermajourney)

Posted : 06/02/2013 12:37 am

I would wash your face before you go to the gym and wipe down with a towel after. You've been out and about all day, collecting all sorts of dirt and oil in the process, going to the gym and sweating is going to spread all of this grime into your pores. Sweat realistically doesn't clog pores, it's just water and salt; dirt being pushed around by sweat is what clogs pores.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:23 am

always clean ur skin after u have sweat in the gym.

MemberMember
(@dermajourney)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:36 am

always clean ur skin after u have sweat in the gym.

May I ask why? Do you have any sources that indicate perspiration needs to be cleansed?

Sweat is 99% water and 1% various mineral composition. There is not a single compound in sweat alone that leads to acne. You are more likely to develop acne from city pollution than sweat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspiration

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4579522_human-sweat-gland-work.html

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/02/2013 4:03 am

http://www.wellandgoodnyc.com/2010/08/17/no-sweat-making-sure-your-skin-doesn%E2%80%99t-get-a-workout-at-the-gym/

http://skincare.about.com/od/facialcleansers/a/Exercise-And-Skin-How-To-Take-Care-Of-Your-Skin-While-Exercising.htm

plus many more sites(almost all).

personally i would never leave my skin all sweaty and untidy after i walk/dance or do yoga.

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 06/02/2013 7:33 am

I would wash your face before you go to the gym and wipe down with a towel after. You've been out and about all day, collecting all sorts of dirt and oil in the process, going to the gym and sweating is going to spread all of this grime into your pores. Sweat realistically doesn't clog pores, it's just water and salt; dirt being pushed around by sweat is what clogs pores.

well after gym i need to shower.. as i said ill be goin out everytime after the gym... and one more question.. if i fix my hair (with lack and paste) and i sweat that will cause pores to be blocked am i right?

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 06/03/2013 3:24 pm

anyone ?

anyone ?

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 06/07/2013 7:18 pm

should i rinse at the gym after my workout or after i get home ... (i cycle home) its pretty hot so i think ill continue sweating... and should my shower be first hot water then cold? or just straight away cold (remember i am sweatty) or if it dries up?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/08/2013 12:48 am

use normal temperature water.

not too hot,not too cold.

see,dnt let one sweaty-dirt sink in ur pores.

thats the theory.

blot ur face very clean and cycle home.reach and wash ur face very well with water or a wash(whatever suits u).

do u use sunscreen?

MemberMember
(@ph12ivos)

Posted : 06/08/2013 8:43 am

use normal temperature water.

not too hot,not too cold.

see,dnt let one sweaty-dirt sink in ur pores.

thats the theory.

blot ur face very clean and cycle home.reach and wash ur face very well with water or a wash(whatever suits u).

do u use sunscreen?

yes il be wearing before i go then washing it off at the gym.. and by the time i leave itll be dark so no problem there :D