Notifications
Clear all

Moving And So Nervous..

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/31/2013 10:03 am

Do you ever have GOOD days and then all of a sudden a really bad day and all you want to do is cry? This keeps happening to me lately. If I notice a new breakout or something else on my skin, I get extremely depressed. It's so stupid because I know the hyperpigmentation marks are slowly fading away but I don't know how much longer I can wait, honestly. I'm moving cities in a month and never been so nervous in my life. Family I have never met are gonna be there and I'm so scared that they'll judge me for my skin. Like, I mean I'm terrified. My older sister is cleared up, my younger brother has clear skin..ahhhh.

I just feel like crying and I'm just so upset and don't know what to do anymore.

MemberMember
(@ibiza1987)

Posted : 05/31/2013 10:45 am

Hi hun, I know how you feel and it is hard, as well as being difficult to not think about your skin and not assume people are judging you on that. Oh, wish I had something more helpful to say but currently going through the same with my own skin and can't even think of any good advice to give to myself haha! But from what I've seen, you look beautiful anyway so try not to worry. Also remember that if someone has a problem with the way your skin looks it's their problem, not yours. Have your family judged you like this before? Moving is daunting but try not to be frightened by it.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/31/2013 1:08 pm

i think the 1st thing u mentioned happens to most acne sufferer.

i cant say 'all' - my sister who had moderate-severe acne in her teen years till 21-22 and then got clogged pores etc never gave a damn.

i would freak out sometimes abt her skin but she never ever cared.

she always said she's more than her skin and true,for she actually met her boyfriend(for 6 years) while she had bad skin!

isnt it wonderful.

i hope that makes u feel good.

if its really ur family,they wouldnt mind darling.and if they do,u dnt mind.

like ibiza said its their problem not urs.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 06/02/2013 1:19 pm

To begin with,you really need to take a deep breathe and relax. Relax! Your thinking too much.Yes,acne makes us think a lot.We feel insecure about ourselves.A lot of questions wreck havoc in our little brains.If you are changing cities then why not think about all the new things which you are going to experience?Meeting new people,going to different places ,eating new food etc.I'm sure it excites you.Don't worry about what people think about your acne.Well if they judge you because of your acne,don't you think you're not supposed to be with them in the first place? Acne acts as a very good "People filter".Because it easily tells you who's who. Your family loves you.They will never criticize you for a skin illness that affects 9 out of 10 teenagers.

Never compare your acne and in general your overall life with that of others.From personal experience it always leads to unhappiness .Eg 1: Her skin is flawless ,mine is all pimply. Result=unhappiness. Eg 2: Her job is better than mine. Result=Unhappiness ,Eg 3: She drives an Audi ,i'm stuck with a corolla .Result=Gloom! .I could go on with the examples perpetually (yes,i'm cynical). Why be unhappy at all? So stop comparing your life with that of others.

And,why for Christ's sake do you even need to be nervous about facing the world? I mean your eyes could melt the world tongue.png (I'm cheeeesyyyyy)

P.S - SMILE smile.png

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 06/03/2013 5:51 pm

Hey! I am moving too in a month and am nervous about it but also excited to start fresh. You should see it as an opportunity to experience new things and meet new people.

Be patient with your acne. It didn't happen overnight, and it's not going to disappear overnight either. Just try not to let it affect your mood. If you smile when meeting new family, they won't even notice you have acne proud.gif I usually force myself to be smiley and happy around new people because then they don't notice that something is wrong with my skin or that it is affecting my mood.

MemberMember
(@ambitiousone)

Posted : 06/03/2013 10:09 pm

Keep your head up high beautiful girl! You have such beautiful eyes and hair (among other beautiful features) that no one sees your acne! I really mean it... I wrote under your pics that! You will be fine!!!

XOXO!!