Accutane Journey

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 05/31/2013 6:57 am

Just popped my first pill, slightly strange and scary feeling before hand! lets hope my body likes this drug and helps me.

DAY 1

Numero uno on accutane, 20mg a day. Now to play the waiting game, a long journey.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/02/2013 10:02 am

Day 3

Obviously no changes due to the short amount of time, just taken my 3rd pill. Now I have to wait another 4 days before I can take another pill. Never heard of this before, 3 days on and 4 days off. I shall listen to my dermatologist though. Keeping my fingers crossed I don't get a bad initial breakout, had a few new spots so far, nothing drastic.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/04/2013 8:26 am

Day 5

had quite a few more pustules and big ones! neutral.gif These bad boys are going to leave a nice pink mark for ages.. sigh. I hope this is the IB from accutane and not just a breakout.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/06/2013 7:45 am

Day 7 had a breakout, not to bad but still worse than I originally started, taking my 4th pill with lunch tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/09/2013 7:40 am

Day 10!

Taken my 5th accutane pill yesterday, due another one today and I have woken up with at least 5 new inflamed pustules, not good considering I start my new full time job tomorrow, oh well **** happens. I Don't know what to think about accutane, seems to be breaking me out more than anything else ever has and no signs of improvement. Just got to keep faith eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/11/2013 9:47 am

Day 12 - Blood in my stool and first nosebleed! ouchies, however I hope that's a sign the accutane is working or I'm fucked. Pustules from accutane drying up nicely, however they will all leave a stubborn red mark that will take years to fade, great.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/13/2013 1:58 pm

Day 14 - no major differences, however my skin seems to be worsening, however a good sign accutane is working.

MemberMember
(@persephone7)

Posted : 06/14/2013 2:54 pm

Hello :)

I just started my second course of Accutane today. I know how you are feeling. ANXIOUS! Everything that you are experiencing sounds pretty normal BESIDES the bloody stool. Has it happened since then? Also, can I ask why your dermatologist prescribed such a low dose? I was actually considering asking for 20 mgs just because it lessens side effects.

Cheers!

Visit my blog too!

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/15/2013 4:38 am

Hello smile.png

I just started my second course of Accutane today. I know how you are feeling. ANXIOUS! Everything that you are experiencing sounds pretty normal BESIDES the bloody stool. Has it happened since then? Also, can I ask why your dermatologist prescribed such a low dose? I was actually considering asking for 20 mgs just because it lessens side effects.

Cheers!

Visit my blog too!

No it has passed thankfully and my dermatologist believes any higher doses will cause unnecessary damage to my liver due to my previous medical history, so that was the main decision behind his thinking.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/18/2013 1:27 pm

Day 19

No improvements yet as expected. only worsening of acne and red marks + new red marks have been formed. erghhh just want a new face.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 06/23/2013 5:27 am

Day 24 - Increase in actives and red marks + an attack of blackheads :( Not enjoying life at the moment.

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 07/01/2013 10:13 am

day 31 I think, worst condition my skin has ever been in

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 07/18/2013 12:54 pm

God knows what day it is, however everything is still terrible. Oh how I dream of clear skin.

MemberMember
(@brisk23)

Posted : 07/18/2013 8:34 pm

oh no..i hope thinks get better for you!! i just started accutane on monday, kinda nerv.

MemberMember
(@zzz123)

Posted : 07/19/2013 1:50 pm

I'm on about day 14 an I've been having a horrible breakout recently. Kind of makes you think is it worth but bit having clear skin definitely would be worth it.. Guess wev all just got to Hang in there "/

MemberMember
(@brisk23)

Posted : 07/19/2013 7:45 pm

oh no...i think the first month is going to be the worst (break-out wise)? so hopefully after we get through the first month (Im on day 5)..things will get better...im only on 20mg so im scared ill break out more when he puts me up to 40..but like you said we just have to stay tough and think of the outcome!!

MemberMember
(@arsenal17)

Posted : 07/21/2013 8:35 am

I wish everyone luck and that it is possible to have clear skin, just patience is vital. Best of luck.