Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well my theory at least is to use as minimal a regimen as possible. so only use SA if BP isnt working for you, otherwise you may irritate/dry out your skin. So you should try a moisturizer without any SA or anything. By reading a lot of reviews on here and elsewhere, here is the moisturizer i'm going to go buy (im in sortof the same boat as you)..

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

neutrogena oil free for combination skin.

The one with the sunscreen probably was excessively oily because of the sunscreen in it. This one is without that..

i'm terrible about using moisturizers (even if the BRAND NAME was "noncomodegenic" instead it just saying it on the label, i'd still be afraid it would make me break out), but i have a suggestion from left field:

eucerin "severely dry" formula, even if your skin isn't severely dry and it's not specifically for the face.

my best friend has skin that sounds kinda like yours and she tried like 100 different moisturizers before settling on that one. she says it's the only one that's never never never made any skin situation (acne, dryness, whatever) worse.

the only downside- she also says it's not too oily, and it does mostly disappear from her face a few minutes after she's put it on (i've watched carefully for my own selfish purposes, lol), but her skin is still just a little shiny from it no matter how long after, imho. if you use makeup over any of this though i imagine that's not a concern, or maybe if you had some kind of noncomodegenic matte powder...?

i dunno, but best of luck.

-sal

I'm on botchla's regimen and the dual-action moisturizer actually made me break out more. I've tried lots of moisturizers (most made me sting too) and I like Cetaphil the best. It does have SPF 15 in it, but I think that's good (for me at least because the blackhead clearing scrub sorta takes a layer off your skin so it's really easy to get sunburned). It's so gentle, but it moisturizes really well!

Well i picked up both the neutrogena oil free for combination skin and some eucerin renewal w/ spf. The oil free is slightly less shiny, whereas the eucerin is probably a bit better at moisturizing. I think I may use the eucerin at night and the oil free for day time..

I'm also looking at this product:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

Neutrogena Pore Refining Mattifier, Shine Control Gel

Since it is specifically designed to combat shine, you could perhaps use it on top of a moisturizer..