Cetaphil Moisturise...

Notifications
Clear all

Cetaphil Moisturiser Too Heavy For My Skin?!

MemberMember
(@bradyod)

Posted : 05/29/2013 5:59 pm

Hey Guys! So I've been doing the regimen every morning and night for over a year now, and how it has worked really well, I am ashamed to say that I don't include moisturising in it. My skin is naturally VERY oily and also dry at the same time, in which it starts of dry once I have washed it and then becomes very very greasy about an hour afterwards. This at first made me not want to moisturise but after a while I tried it for a couple of months, on the 4/5th day I had a small breakout, at the time I thought this was just my skin getting used to being moisturised but as the months went on it only got worse and worse. I was using Cetaphil moisturiser and the only conclusion that I can come up with is that it is too heavy/thick for my skin and it cloggs it up?! I know it works well for so many people but due to how my skin is extremely oily I think that it adds on extra oils that don't need to be there, which in-fact clog up my pores and produce break-outs.

My question for you guys is do you know any moisturisers out there that are 'Thinner' than Cetaphil? Anything much lighter. I know that many people rave about Dan's moisturiser but unfortunately although it is reasonably priced, the shipping is way too expensive for me to just buy one product (I live in the UK) so using that moisturiser is out the window. Also, I know a lot of people could be thinking, well if my skin is oily enough then why bother to moisturise it, well yes it is but I also have combination skin with an annoying t zone, which makes areas around my chin, nose and forehead (strangely around my most oily parts) become very dry and very irritated after each cleanse!

I hope some of you have experienced the same thing as me and you can help me with this annoying situation!!1

Thanks guys!

MemberMember
(@katiejanezeebra)

Posted : 05/29/2013 6:03 pm

I don't have particularly oily skin but I didn't want a moisturizer which was very heavy so I use ZeroAQS (which smells of primary school paint tubs unfortunately) and also Aqueous Cream which are both emollient moisturisers. You can use them as a wash as well which is good if you don't want to get greasy skin. I use these along side benzyl peroxide and I used to use them when I use Retin A.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/29/2013 8:59 pm

Cetaphil is a really good moisturizer but I can't wear it out in the day without my face looking like an oil slick. I only use it at night. For the day I use Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel. It absorbs well into my skin. It is light and since I live in the tropics, it wears well with our humid weather. The only downside is probably the price. Around 25 US dollars in a little bottle. I am looking to replace it with Cerave since a lot of people rave about it.